[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS_ szvIxbAo I went back an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: ban-11.jpg (43 KB, 1920x820) Image search: [Google]
ban-11.jpg
43 KB, 1920x820
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS_szvIxbAo

I went back and re-watched the original X-Men movie and I forgot how much better it is than capeshit coming out today. Adding in practical effects and providing good motivation for what's happening - everything in current capeshit seems to be nonsensical excuses for some other CGI filled fanservice fuckfest to happen. Compare to this clip, with the ante raised to the point of unbelivability, and it becomes disengaging and boring, despite literal football stadiums being levitated in order to WOOOOW the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsuVSz9MY3s

Good examples of capeshit thread
>>
>>70704749
Remember when they were going to do an X-Men Origins for Magneto and then pussied out because lol holocaust?
>>
>>70704986
x-men origins was a mistake
>>
>>70704986
I do actually, I wish they'd made that.
>>
>>70704986
I thought that's basically what First Class was.
>>
>>70705033
No, First Class is essentially X-Men Babies
A movie exploring Magneto's survival of the holocaust would've actually been interesting but modern directors and studios are too big of cowards do try something so bold.
>>
>>70705123
why is it whenever they do a prequel to one of these movies, it doesn't cover any ground and could essentially be written out and not matter?
>>
>>70704749
Coincidentally I rewatched X-Men just last night. I've always considered it the best of the series, and my favourite, despite popular opinion that X2 is better, so I rewatched it in order to test my opinion. I wasn't disappointed.
>>
>>70705185
How would you rank X2 then?
>>
>>70705260
Still good. X1 and X2 are the only good ones.
>>
>>70705260
not him but I felt X2 didn't have a middle or an end. Seemed like a bridge to a sequel that never happened. X3 acts like nothing else came before it; it could be a stand alone movie for christ's sake.
>>
>>70705306
I agree that they're the best ones, yeah.
>>
File: 1341a.jpg (21 KB, 209x207) Image search: [Google]
1341a.jpg
21 KB, 209x207
>>
>>70705123
>>70704986
how are you so basic? hollywood goes for holocaust movies every chance they get
>>
>>70704749
>>70705185
same, randomly watched it again today for the first time in like five years.

Reminds me of when capeshit was actually good (i.e. before it was capeshit)
>>
File: Puttingthefear.gif (676 KB, 470x199) Image search: [Google]
Puttingthefear.gif
676 KB, 470x199
Modern capeshit is all right but they aren't magic.
>>
>>70706900

hat looks like the card was stuck to her neck and someone pulled it off with fishing line from offscreen
>>
File: MagicMan.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
MagicMan.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
He puts the fear in you
>>
>>70704749
Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.