[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fuck Slytherin. Minus four hundred points
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: richardharris.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
richardharris.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>Fuck Slytherin. Minus four hundred points
>>
>having a house that's evil and will never stop being evil
>>
>>70699336
Snape was good

Rowling didn't make them bigots slyrherins only wanted to protect their way of life
>>
>>70699289
Yes well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin...
> do you feel in charge? You aryan fucking shits. I ought molest the fuck out of ya.
>>
Does anybody remember a Harry Potter dub on youtube where Dumbledore turns around and says "fuck you"

Legit one of the funniest dubs I've ever seen. And no, it's not Brad Neely's "Wizard People, Dear Reader" which is also excellent.
>>
>>70699379

Noun

person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
She literally made them bigots
>>
>>70699289
>slytherins are ambitious and strong willed, not evil
>lmfao jk none of them are going to help the other houses against voldemort
>>
Ronnie the Bear...Ronnie the Bear Weasel...you are bravery

You are courage

You are chess

1,000 points
>>
I mean you can kind of understand Lucius Malfoy's point of view in Chamber of Secrets. I imagine Draco ranted and raved all summer about how the headmaster is playing favourites with a particular house and subverting all the effort Slytherin put in. He thought Dumbledore was some old buffoon ruining his son's education and wanted to make Hogwarts great again.
>>
Why is dumb-"black could be anywhere"-ledore a bleeding heart liberal?
>>
>>70699336
There should have been a Slytherin bro side character so that all the bullshit "They're not ALL bad." shit doesn't ring so goddamn hollow.

Maybe a genuinely nice guy in Slytherin that is really helpful and has a strong moral compass, he's just obsessed with getting gud at magic because he wants to be a badass.

Boom. Fixed. Great scene if he looks all betrayed and disappointed when his entire house gets locked in the fucking dungeons because the staff are all Gryfindor dicksuckers that didn't want their help during the fucking battle.
>>
File: 1422863866162.jpg (68 KB, 288x257) Image search: [Google]
1422863866162.jpg
68 KB, 288x257
>>70699289
>thinking dumbledoor can minus anything now that he is dead
>>
Yes yes congratulations Slytherin, you topped every exam and test this year and currently sit 12,000 points ahead of your nearest competitor in the House Cup.

> however.
>>
>Sort 11 year old children into a house that's hated by the rest of the school, ostracizing them from day one
>Force them to sleep in a dingy green dungeon with a sociopath as their Head of House
>Take every opportunity to knock them down, including removing their achievements for no reason

No fucking wonder they all turn out evil. Maybe if Dumbledore made the slighest effort to make the Slytherins feel welcome they wouldn't become complete edgelords.
>>
>>70699552
Sounds like a fanfiction character honestly. Students are sorted based on politics more than anything.
Slytherins are all super conservative
Gryffindors are all super liberal
Hufflepuffs are dumb apolitical normies
Ravenclaws are fedora tipping cynics
>>
>>70699704
>Voldemort did nothing wrong
>why won't you accept us for who we are?
>>
>>70699552

I've read rumours (not sure if they're at all accurate) that in the original draft of the books Harry was a Gryffindor, Hermione was a Ravenclaw, Ron was a Slytherin and Neville was a Hufflepuff. Would have been nice to see the house stereotypes broken a bit, but definitely more difficult from a writing perspective.
>>
>>70699716
It's mostly just because it's perplexing in a story about some kind of magical aptitude metaphor for class/race prejudice that they should shit on 25% of the the students as being bad guys. It's just kinda hamfisted and takes away from the themes of the story, which is why Harry Potter is shit.

Poor themes, there's really nothing to learn from it. It's a setting that appeals to middle schoolers, that's all it has going for it.
>>
>>70699704
>removing their achievements for no reason
This never happened.
>>
>>70699716
It's not fanfictiony in the slightest. That's what being a Slytherin is all about, desiring more power. Your politically based house theory is more cringey than that guy.
>>
>>70699881
>It's a setting that appeals to middle schoolers

That is the target audience after all. Still, I think Rowling did a decent job of creating a world that reflects our own. The bureaucracy, the idealists, the reactionaries, all in conflict with one another. Sure it was heavily biased towards Dumbledore's own perspective but I feel there was a lot of room for alternate points of view. The bad guys weren't just evil for the sake of being evil like in a lot of stories aimed at kids.
>>
>>70699463
250,000 keks
>>
>>70699422
Every person alive is born a bigot by this definition. No one legitimately tolerates the opinions of others, they just ignore them.
>>
>>70699924
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
File: Horace_Slughorn_(HBP_promo)_2.jpg (1 MB, 2136x2850) Image search: [Google]
Horace_Slughorn_(HBP_promo)_2.jpg
1 MB, 2136x2850
>>
>>70699924

Yeah, cause Harry and co. just happened to get the exact amount of house points they needed to scrape by Slytherin in first year. It wasn't calculated by Dumbledore to fuck them over at all.
>>
>>70699379
>Snape was good
You mean the militant wizard nazi that sent wizard Hitler to kill a baby until he realized that the baby was his waifu's son?
>>
File: 1436053505519.png (139 KB, 436x438) Image search: [Google]
1436053505519.png
139 KB, 436x438
>>70700048
>Rowling did a decent job of creating a world that reflects our own
I was about to say that because her rendition of the magic world parallels are so shallow (oh! fun magic shit! instead of magic red tape and a more intricate ministry of magic plot) it's her biggest failure, but ultimately, the target audience are middle schoolers, so it can't be helped.

I was in my late teens when the books became popular so I fucking hated them, I only read the first one out of spite that people told me to read them before talking shit about them. But recently I read chamber of secrets and I honestly liked how aware Rowling was that it was a book for children and didn't press too much about the details and logistics of magic.

I don't know if the rest of the books go to shit into YA territory or are just edgy bullshit though.
>>
>>70699924
kill yourself tripfag
>>
>>70700124
That's not removing their achievements. They retained all the points they """earned""". So did Harry and co who FUCKING THWARTED VOLDEMORT AT THE AGES OF 11.
>>
>>70700112
10/10 performance
I wish there was more of him as slughorn
>>
>>70700237
The part about killing Quirrel and Voldemort was never public knowledge. Dumbledore just said they were "brave in the face of opposition."
>>
>>70700281
Why are you replying to a tripfag?
>>
>>70699515
>wanted to make hogwarts great again
>decides opening the chamber of secrets and letting basilik loose is the best course of action
>>
>>70700193
The first two books are pretty different from the rest of the series. They seemed more like a whimsical fairy tale than a serious attempt at creating a fantasy world with internal consistency, and consequentially the world makes no sense when you look at the logistics of it.
>>
why were there no hot female teachers at hogwarts? all old bitches.
>>
>>70699876
>Ron
>Slytherin

That would have made a lot of sense.
>>
>>70700281
>Whatever happened down there is a complete secret, so naturally the entire school knows
Dumbledore's over 100 and even he understands how teen gossip spreads better than you
>>
>>70699881
You're a dumb shit everything is tongue and cheek and full of british self deprecation. This ministry is corrupt and brazilian and batshit for a reason. The brits need to cope with their lives
>>
>>70700281
>never public knowledge
What alternative is that supposed to create here? Dumbledore knew, and he awarded them points for it. I hate people who try to make the ending of TPS controversial, it couldn't be less controversial. And let's not even get into the fact that most of Slytherin's points were generated off the back of Snape's favouritism.
>>
>>70700346
So why is Voldemort's return in the fifth book such a surprise that no one believes?
>>
>>70700322
You have to be a "wizard" to be a Hogwarts teacher, see how none of them have families.
>>
I like how the whole character turned from a mostly chill old guy into a loud GETOFFMAHLAWNFUKKINKIDS old psycho when the actor changed.
>>
>>70699289
>Ron and Harry are supposed to be best friends.
>They never give each other a friendly blowjob
Is JK Rowling a hack or are Brits just this weird?
>>
>>70700382
Because everyone figured it was just Quirrel who was a dark wizard trying to steal the philosopher's stone
Not to mention the Minister of Magic was so scared and in denial about Voldemort returning he pumped out propaganda against Harry and Dumbledore
>>
Could you imagine being one of the Slytherin kids on that night?

>50 points for a magnificent game of chess
>>
>>70700382
They are incompetent orwellian little shits before voldemort come back. And once he is back they through fear try to control everyone and everythinf including hogwarts instead of doing anything positivr kind of like real life politics
>>
>>70699463
What was the elo of this chess enchantment that an 11 year old is beating it
>>
>>70700382
Wizards are very prone to believing government propaganda and eventually the rest of Hogwarts students got tired of Harry being a special snowflake every year so they just started treating him like an attention whore.
>>
>>70700438
would kick ron in his nuts in the bathroom next day t b h
>>
>>70700408
I like how you're a retard. He's only like that in goblet bc its badly directed and even then he's chill at the pensieve. Gambon playrd him perfectly in 3 and 6
>>
File: voldemort did nothing wrong.png (74 KB, 1858x320) Image search: [Google]
voldemort did nothing wrong.png
74 KB, 1858x320
Daily reminder that Voldemort did nothing wrong.
>>
>>70700438
From the letters, I gather that Hogwarts isn't mandatory education, so I'd probably drop out or ask my parents to send me abroad.
>>
Dumbledore was obviously being black mailed by Hermione after she caught him sniffing her pantsu
>>
>>70700483
The wizards are supposed to reflect the british. Irl
>>
>>70700447
To be fair, after what happened to the 4 previous DADA teachers and Dumbledore having incompetent retards like Hagrid and Trelawney teaching, the ministry should have put someone to keep tabs on him sooner.
>>
>>70700419

>Characters are falling asleep
>They don't scream and slam their head against their headboard while remembering awkward encounters from throughout the day until the pain causes them to forget the memory

I've always heard people praising Harry Potter characters for being realistic, so why did JK fuck this up?
>>
>>70700455
Plus, Ron is a dumbbell. Never understood why he was supposedly good at wizard's chess when he seems to perform below average academically and have little/mediocre common sense.
>>
File: 1465594576024.png (1 MB, 910x952) Image search: [Google]
1465594576024.png
1 MB, 910x952
Anyone seen those spoilers for Cursed Child? It's hilariously bad.

>Albus (Harry's son) and Scorpius (Draco's son) are attending Hogwarts together for the first time.
>people think Scorpius is actually Voldemort's son
>a Death Eater is found in possession of a stolen Time Turner
>Cedric Diggory's dad is mad at Harry and tells Harry he should go back in time with the Time Turner to save Cedric
>Harry refuses and claims he doesn't have the Time Turner, but he does
>Albus fucking hates Harry because he's a pretty shitty wizard and can't live up to Harry's legacy, also he got placed into Slytherin
>they get in an argument and Harry says he wishes Albus wasn't his son
>Albus goes back in time with Scorpius and Cedric's cousin to save Cedric because he thinks it'll make him better than his dad
>they fuck everything up, causing the Ron and Padma timeline
>they try again and cause the Voldemort revival timeline
>Snape, Ron and Hermione are alive in this timeline, Harry isn't
>they give their lives to fix the timeline
>Albus and Scorpius argue over what to do with the Time Turner
>Cedric's cousin steals it, revealed to be Voldemort's daughter via Bellatrix
>after time travel chase they get stuck in Godric's Hollow the night James and Lily died
>Albus burns a date on baby Harry's blanket
>future Harry is crying about losing his son into his old blanket and sees the date
>turns out Lucius had a time turner too, and this one doesn't have the 5 minute restriction
>they go back and capture Delphi and watch Lily and James die
>>
>>70700526
He's gay though
>>
>>70700551
No doubt but the way they went about it was just as or even mire damaging. Fucking unbridge

Not only wete they unprepared but they didn't even bother trying not go straight into tyranny mode
>>
>>70700580
People can be amazing at something like chess while still being lackluster academically
>>
>>70700595
the new one is
the old one wasn't
>>
>>70700580
One of the biggest retards in my class was a chess genius, it can happen.
>>
>>70700587
no fucking way, you made all that up
>>
>>70700587
Just ignore it. The time travel in poa film at least makes sense with the plot themes and the novikov self consistency principle and nature of closed loop time travel time turners.

I'm ignoring it. Jusg a dumb play.
>>
>>70700619
Ron doesn't strike me as an idiot savant though, just an idiot. I feel like that just existed for plot convenience since Rowling didn't know what else to make Ron good at.
>>
>>70700619
Like that little aspie in "Searching for Bobby Fischer". he was terrible at social cues and making friends that weren't old black men, but good at chess.
>>
>>70700619
Hence the addition of "little/mediocre common sense."
>>
>>70700573
>No chapter where Ron holds his wand for 8 hours one night debating whether or not to cast Avada Kadavera on himself
And I used to think these books were immersive.
>>
>>70700649

Nope, not a thing about that was made up.

That's all legit.

Rowling is that big of a fucking hack.

Google it if you don't believe me.
>>
>>70700655
it's probably got to do with the general public's misconception of what "being good at chess" actually entails
>>
>>70700494
ZAP THE MUDBLOODS, MUGGLE WAR NOW
>>
>>70700587
this is the hackiest writting I've ever seen
>>
>>70700655
This. Ron just comes across as a common slob...which is why he eventually becones jealous of Harold popper
>>
>>70700685
>Google it if you don't believe me.
I don't wanna
>>
>>70700587

Everything about this is terrible. Is it considered "canon" by JK?
>>
>>70700587
Please don't tell me that's true.
>>
>>70700595
we will never know. it's left to you.

that rowling bitch was just attention hogging by comingout with sensational announcement.
>>
>>70700674
>no side story where Ron says Accio Girlfriend and waits on his bed until the sun rises.
>>
>>70700587
So much for the closed loop
>>
>>70700642
Ron isn't an idiot savant though
>>
>>70700685
I was gonna read the stageplay but having read I want nothing to do with it and its irrelevant. Do you consider it relevant?
>>
>>70700763
I heard the gay thing ages before SJWs came on the scene
>>
>>70700752

Considering Rowling herself wrote it? Yes.

>>70700753

It is. I know, it's fucking awful, like someone was just picking up the worst cliche ridden fanfictions from FFN and then pasted it under Rowling's name. But no, it's all Rowling.

And the worst? Scorpius asks Rose out on a date, Ron's and Hermione's daughter, at the end of the whole thing and she says "Yes."
>>
>>70700587
The fuck? Post sauce or stop talking shit.

That can't be real, Rowling always regretted the time turners as plot devices.

>Voldemort getting laid
>Cedric being relevant
>Harry being a shit person

That sounds like an average Harry Potter fanfiction
>>
>>70700776
There is a closed loop for anyone with any sense of anything. That was the entire purpose buckbeak never died in any timeline and harry had always done the patronus.

Don't give this the time of day
>>
>>70700814

Like I said, you can just Google it.

It's not just anonymous people talking shit online. It's in reviews too.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/10/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-spoilers-here-s-the-plot-of-the-play.html
>>
>>70700801

Fuck I didn't even notice it was written by Rowling. I thought she'd just licensed the characters out or something. I can't believe she'd come up with something that terrible. Time travel is such a lazy plot device.
>>
>>70700801
Still think it's as fake as the epilogue to Death Hallows which didn't exist
>>
>>70700796
before rowling, it was a theory.

he could be gay or he was broken by sad things in his early life that he never wanted to go in a relationship.

rowling just came and scored a plus point to keep herself relevant.
>>
>>70700801
Its not canon. Yet another reason why the films will stand tall no matter what.
>>
>Ron pointed his wand downwards. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes
>"Grow. Grow. Grow." he said softly
>suddenly, he felt a light tingling sensation in his underwear
>his eyes popped open with astonishment
>as he looked down at his pants, he felt an awesome pressure unlike anything he's ever sensed.
>He quickly pulled down his trousers and revealed his massive, still-growing package.
>Ron's excitement quickly turned to fear as he realized it was not his penis growing, but his testicles
>his fear soon turned to pain as they expanded larger and larger, reaching his knees and engulfing this thighs
>Ron's penis pushed into his body like a scared turtle
>ron was faced with a difficult decision: ask Hermione for help and risk embarrassing himself, or just let his dangly bits continue growing, counting on his own weakness for them to eventually stop.
>Ron sat on his bed, accepting his failure both as a student and as a physical being.
>>
>>70700854
I'm upset bc the timetravel aspect of azkaban was done properly and served the story well. Sequel shit cant tarnish it if I don't care
>>
>>70700268
Jim Broadbent can do no wrong
>>
>>70700893
The only canon is the original 7 books.
>>
>>70700408
>mfw Richard Harris wanted his best bud Peter O Toole to take the role of Dumbledore after he died
>Toole ultimately declined the dying wish because he was afraid he wouldn't last long enough to get through the films
We'll never see Dumbledore being portrayed by two of the greatest actors to ever walk the earth

20 points from Gryffindor
>>
>>70700493
Oh please, you fat moron. The character change was obvious and carried through the rest of the movies.
>>
Reminder that they ruined the scene where Dumbledore gets rekt in the movies

they make harry look like a giant pussy
>>
>>70700852
I hate cuckposting but this made me laugh out loud:

>Draco asks Harry to use his position as Head of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry of Magic to shut down gossip that a Time-Turner was used to allow Voldemort to impregnate Astoria, Draco’s wife, who gave birth to Scorpius

Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with Rowling? I unironically enjoyed nearly everything about the book series but this sounds like a terrible fanfiction.
>>
>>70700716
Are you saying you don't have to be smart to beat professor McGonagall's test which was designed to hold up against adults and supreme dark wizards?
>>
File: 1463809080490.jpg (51 KB, 666x555) Image search: [Google]
1463809080490.jpg
51 KB, 666x555
>>70700313
>wanting mudbloods polluting your children's school
>>
>>70700313
>being some libtard who'd ruin wizardry with mudbloods
>>
>>70700985

I think this is the sort of stuff that lends credence to the rumors that JKR didn't write anything herself about the original books, but actually stole it from someone else.
>>
File: 1458181514028.gif (906 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1458181514028.gif
906 KB, 500x349
>>70700587
>Scorpius
>>
>>70700313
Was Deathly Hallows shot on film? That would make the best Potter even better.
>>
>>70700852
To be fair, it's just a play, and I don't know if any of this is supposed to be canon, but just a "fun" tribute.
>>
>>70700976
No it wasn't you're a faggot. Dumbledore is chill as fuck in 3 and 6. Dumbledore is supposed to be ecclectic snd humble harris could only pull off the latter
>>
>>70701024
I always felt that she had some kind of a ghostwriting situation happening as early as book 3.

The tone and writing just seemed to change a lot from that point on--to a suspicious extent imo
>>
>>70700985

Voldemort cucked Draco? I wouldn't be shocked if he turns out to be black in this universe.

>"We wuz Dark Lordz 'n shit"
>>
>>70700980
Lol no they don't shit taste
>>
>>70701063
best is prisoner of azkaban
>>
>>70700954
sadly I haven't found any movies with him to watch, I've gone through his filmography several times and it's like 95% TV period dramas
I watched that art school flick but I didn't enjoy his character in that
>>
>>70701071
Alas...earwax.
>>
>>70699716
>american attempts to shoehorn politics into everything.
>>
>>70701067

Dude, it's shit written by Rowling herself, and thus she considers it canon.
>>
>>70700960
This is tv. The films act as an accompaniment or a standalone. They are better than the books and get across everything they needed to to not only work as a series but as films
>>
>>70701106
This. Before the acting of the main three got unacceptably cringeworthy.
>>
>>70701098
How can that even happen?

Voldemort had been dead for 7 years before Scorpius was even born and according to the books Scorpius is the spitting image of Draco.
>>
>>70701117
Rewatch azkaban gambon is goat. I love harris but he was dying
>>
>>70700322
there was one somewhat attractive teacher
>>
"Scorpius"...fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>70701157
Suprise surprise. Pleb. Yates are pure kino and the acting of the trio improved greatly
>>
>>70700987
I'm saying that:
1. Chess, regardless of whether it's magical or not (since we haven't been given a reason to assume its magical properties extend beyond the chest pieces goofing around) has nothing to do with how great of a wizard you are
2. Chess is not just about "being smart". It certainly helps but it also requires knowledge in the same way algebra requires knowledge, if we're to assume that the chess trial had even half the chess skill of a kasparov then a dumbass 12 year old that hasn't studied chess for his entire life doesn't stand a chance no matter what

if you play someone and you both don't know shit about chess and you're smarter you'll have an edge on him, but you can't win at chess if the enemy knows more theory, who is established as a particularly lazy person
>>
File: 1425624663.jpg (59 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
1425624663.jpg
59 KB, 531x471
>>70699289
>Hogwarts get attacked
>Let's put those innocent slytherin kids in the dungeon
>*everyone's cheering*
Did nobody care about their safety? those fucking Griffyndors were the real nazi mages.
>>
>>70701216
>who is established as a particularly lazy person
ignore that part, it's from a paragraph I deleted
>>
>>70701157
The acting was bad in goblet bc of the directing. Learn to cinema. They were great in the others
>>
>>70701115
Topsy Turvy
>>
50 DKP MINUS

NO SOUP FOR YOU
>>
>>70701144
I know. The films are a separate canon tied to the books, but I won't acknowledge this play at all.
>>70701157
>>70701106
PoA is too indulgent in its fantasy elements to surpass the pure kino that is DHp1. At its heart, PoA is still a film for children.
>>
>>70701209
I mean, what about Harry's bath scene in goblet of fire with moaning Myrtle?! And Hermione in that scene where moody is cursing the spider in front of Neville and Hermione starts shrieking horribly!? Is that not cringe!?!?
>>
>>70701101
are you fucking high

Harry stands around while his favorite person on earth is cornered

in the book dumbledore is a badass and knows harry enough to stun him under the invisibility cloak so that harry can't be seen and can't do shit

its fucking stupid in the movie
>>
>>70701318
>Hermione starts shrieking horribly
Is this post sarcasm?
>>
>>70701255
Their common room was in the dungeon. McDonald was just being snide with them.
>>
File: original.jpg (8 KB, 320x128) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
8 KB, 320x128
>>70701303
MOVE IT NOW YOU MOTHERFUCKS

TROLL IN THE DUNGEON, HANDLE IT
>>
File: 1465440758286.jpg (179 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1465440758286.jpg
179 KB, 1280x1440
>>70701318
>Cedric's dad crying about his son in GoF
>THAT'S MY BOY
I'll never forget the screams
>>
>>70701318
Goblet was bad. I didn't mind the hermiome part in the class. And when he avada kedavras it infront of her I thought that was well done. That other stuff. Like hermiome cherring like a maniac during the first task when harry comes back...harry doing a weeeeeeee bsck flip out of the water and david tennant what the fuck manr
>>
>>70700852
>>
>>70700494
His logic was flawed, how pure your blood line is has no say in how good you are at magic
>>
>>70701370
His mouth is a gaping black maw which contains only cobwebs, bits of treacle tart, and the echo of a whispering rasp begging you to stick your cock in his poopoohole.
>>
>>70701398
There was a part in one of the books where Hagrid is shouting 'BANE?' in the forbidden forest and I had to chuckle at that
>>
>>70701389
Yeah, who made the decision to have Tennant do that weird lizard tongue shit?
>>
>>70701308
are you baiting right now?

nobody is saying that dhp1 was bad.
just poa was best of all.

>At its heart, PoA is still a film for children.

whole potter franchise is for children, you fat neckbeard
>>
>>70701497
Would you give the DH films to a child and expect them to appreciate the artistry?
>>
>>70701389
Did they even explain in the movie how Barty Crouch Jr managed to get out of prison? There was a whole subplot about that in the book but they just skipped over that part in the film.
>>
>>70701353
You're fucking high. Lets get this out if the waym don't mention the book bc yes its different therefore it has no bearing on the film. Ik he's stunned in the book but the way they do it works as well..harry ignores dumbledores pleas to go below at first he ddidn't want to. Once he is surrounded by death eaters harry has his wand out he's resdy to fucking go. He doesn't bc snaoe gives him the high sign and he lets in to trusting him as dumbeldore asked him to fetch him...he knows he's under his counsel. Etc. Harry in the books is helpless bc dumbledore stuns him that sucks but he also is helpless on the sake way in the films and is forced to watch.

After dumbledore is kill harry is stunned. Heis so shocked he has shit spatial awareness and slams into something right behind him csusing it to shake as he goes to chase the death eater its subtle but it gets across his emotioms. And it makes hisconfrontation with snape good since he indirectly let it happen

He's not a pussy like you originally said he listens to dumbledore and then listens to snape he would of been fucked otherwise if he tried anything. I know its different entirely but it still works it doesn't chchange anything about how heartbreaking it is for harry and imo the climax with the ransacking of hogwarts was stylistically perfect. I love the film more everytime I watch it
>>
>>70701543
Oh, he escaped because...uh...well, he's quite evil. Maybe he lizard tongued a dementors bung...?
>>
>>70701533
He's right (nice taste my friend dh1 is kino do you also lile hbp)
>>70701497
The yates films have themes a child doesn'tpick up on like the orwellian shit. They haven't lived long enough to realize it or have it resonate
>>
>>70701543
They didn't even touch on it. Granted it was quite a little story. Barty crouch senior.idk if I liked him or not I mean he annoyed the shit out if me so well I think he was good
>>
>>70701742
HBP is alright, but the the point of the title is lost in the story compression, and the Gears of War color palette ruins many shots.
>>
>>70701480
I'm betting tennant or newell
>>
>>70701855
I like it more and more for some reason. I think the tones meld really well and its directed with confidence. I don't really like delbonnel but I found the cinemstography tk fit the film its kind of a dreary dreamlike feel. Theres things I've noticed like hogwarts basically being its own character and the halls suffocating the characters in times of stress. I think the palette makes the shots...almost painting like. I understand the annoyance to some but i found it refreshing and captivating for the entry. You like ootp more? .
>>
The different in style in hbp was comfy af
>>
>>70702040
OotP is terrible. HBP is much better.
>>
>>70702132
In motion it looks great and the colors do pop.
>>
>>70700852
This is the worst shit I've ever read. I could probably Google Harry Potter adult fan fiction and find something better written by an autistic 12 year old from Nebraska. What the fuck is this Draco cuck plot line? Why is Harry constantly crying? Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make Harry a terrible dad?
>>
These cursed child spoilers make me scared for Fantastic Beasts desu.
>>
>>70702198

Blame Rowling for all of that.

She wrote it.

It's high time people realized she isn't as good as their nostalgia is telling them she is.
>>
>>70702133
I've appreciated ootp more. I think the cuts made a tight film the climax was fufilling to me as was the pacing and tone. They cut the brain scene and like 30-40 min but it might not have made it better. Lots of the book could and was cut. Compared to goblet id say its a fine adaptation and film. How would you rank em
>>
>>70702231
Yates is pretty great. I'm not worried at all tbqh and that cursed child shit is obliviate my shit worthy.
>>
>>70702234
how is it nostalgia when I've been reading the books every year since I was 12 asshat?
>>
>>70702286
Hmm...how old are you...?
>>
>>70702234
The books are fine. For their length at least the details were entertaining. I nevet thought she was fantastic or great or anything. The material is good though which is why i prefer the films.
>>
>>70702311
I'm 23 years old, I pulled the other number out of my ass, I must have been younger when I read HP for the first time.
>>
>>70702286
>rereading the same seven books

why
>>
>>70702234
>>70702234
Maybe its bad because she was more focused on writing the script to fantastic beasts before churning this out for a quick buck . Is it written like a play? Then maybe fuck it
>>
>>70702352
literally nothing else in my life makes me feel genuinely comfortable
>>
>>70702414
Its okay man. I'm 25 and its one of my few and easily favorite fandom
>>
>>70699716
Hufflepuff was the liberal house, Gryffs are more Libertarian, Ravenclaws are aloof intellectuals
>>
File: EXAHlkP.jpg (728 KB, 1200x696) Image search: [Google]
EXAHlkP.jpg
728 KB, 1200x696
>>
>>70702466
Based blues
>>
File: the wizard from Harry Potter.png (289 KB, 750x300) Image search: [Google]
the wizard from Harry Potter.png
289 KB, 750x300
Slytherin? What are those?

One million points for Gryffindor!
>>
>>70702482
"the wizard from harry potter.png"
>>
>>70700587
This has got to be fake. Using the time turner to go back fucking years is the most retarded shit, and I'm fairly sure they cover in the books how that shit shouldn't even be practical.
>>
File: GpflOmx.jpg (93 KB, 1280x480) Image search: [Google]
GpflOmx.jpg
93 KB, 1280x480
I love the theme of darkness that runs through the films
>>
>>70702533
Me too. Those barcodes are very nice
>>
>>70702530

But now there's a special Time Turner with no restriction on it at all!
>>
>>70702634
You could call it Primer Turner. But from now on, I will refer to it as the failsafe device.
>>
>>70701216
>>70700619
>>70700655
It was book one before it was popular. Ron is not good at chess. It is the perception of a poor English mother on what "good at chess" means.
>>
>>70702234
She didn't though. Jack Thorne or whatever wrote the actual screenplay.

>>70702198
Seriously the retcons of the original series are unforgivable.
>>
>>70700587
wait what the fuck, i thought you had to ride a time turners effects out? like you go back a few days you have to relive those days. youre saying these guys are going back decades and not dying from old age?
>>
>>70701615
harry witnessing dumbledore dying while stunned is way better than just sitting there watching. it evokes feelings of harry losing his parents. he was a baby and couldnt do anything to save them, and now his father figure dumbledore stuns him and he has to watch him die. in essence hes watching James die again
>>
>>70703390
You do except this is completely different which is why its fucked. Its not a closed loop where you cant change the past or have alternate timelines as they simultaneous But now its something you can use to change the past? Idk its fucking dumb

Also the time turners only had about a 5-6 hr max use. Hermiine aged 2-3months in year 3
>>
File: 1462863979690.jpg (595 KB, 1200x696) Image search: [Google]
1462863979690.jpg
595 KB, 1200x696
>>70703526
Its the same feels done stylisticslly different the climax is when snape kicks his wand away and he watches the dark mark knowing he couldn't do anything about it even though he knew the entire time it was coming.
I'm not saying the book doesn't do it well but the film does too. Harry is just as helpless by listenung to dumbledores orders and watching from below and witnessing snape. It wasn't necesary for dumbledore to stun him to watch to get the feels across. Plus the setting in the film is different. It hits just as hard if not harder for me in the film. Its adds to harrys tragedy that he couldn't protect him after trying his hardest and seemingly escaping the cave
>>
>>70703793
All along the watchtower
>>
I stopped watching after like 4th movie where yet again the Dark Arts teacher was the baddie. You'd think they keep a closer on these people.
>>
Who wins in a Dumbledore vs Yoda fight to death?
And who wins a chess game between these two geezers?
>>
>>70704259
The forth one was the worst film. And thats kind of the entire point when you're mocking the incompentence of british government with wizards n shit. Do you not get british humor?
>>
>>70704259
The wizards are purposefully batshit and corrupt and orwellian as the films go on. The society is
>>
>>70699421
Someone help this anon

I want to laugh
>>
>>70704426
not perfect. They have shit tier media etc. Plus its kind of the joke that the professor of defense against the dark arts sucked
>>
>>70704297
That depends on if the force can 'grab' the spell energy shit.
Or if lightsabers can deflect it
>>
The only thing I can ever think about when Harry Potter talk comes about is how huge of a crush I still have on Hermione and how much I want to fuck her.
>>
>>70699552
Rowling initially planned a Slytherin girl called Mafalda who lived with/was related to the Weasleys and was a rival to Hermoine because she was as much of a know-it-all as her. Was scrapped by editor though.
>>
>>70700112
Why no mustache tho? Couldn't be bothered?
>>
>>70700193
Fuck off, I reread all the book last year and they're great. That comfy Hogwarts feel still gets me, plus they're really funny, even the last one.

Ending is pretty shit though now that I think about it (I don't mean the epilogue which is cringy too though, works well in the movies however), I think speculating fans came up with better stuff than that elder wand disaster.
>>
>>70704637
Oh boy dont even get me started
>>
>>70700587
Has to be fake. Not even Rowling would be stupid enough to change the logic of her universe. Time Turners CAN NOT change the past and instead simply provoke time paradoxes. Time travel in HP is deterministic.
>>
>>70701543
The movies make no fucking sense, specially the later ones
>>
File: verwirrte kadse.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
verwirrte kadse.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
>>70700587
>Harry says he wishes Albus wasn't his son
>Ron marries Padma Patil because he went to the ball with Hermione
> Harry is crying into his old blanket

Fucking WHAT? This isn't fake? Holy kek
>>
>>70700587
This has to be FAKE.

It's totally stupid mish mash
>>
File: jkrowling-619-386.jpg (28 KB, 619x386) Image search: [Google]
jkrowling-619-386.jpg
28 KB, 619x386
>>70704870
>Not even Rowling would be stupid enough to change the logic of her universe.
>>
>>70700988
>>70701022
>implying a muggleborn and true gryffindor wasn't the best student at school
>and best perhaps since lord voldemort himself
>>
>>70700985
Wtf how would a rumour like that even come up? What is Astoria's backstory, she an ex-nazi as well?
>>
>>70701115
His story in Cloud Atlas
>>
>>70704925
They make sense
>>
File: 1464120591315.png (418 KB, 455x610) Image search: [Google]
1464120591315.png
418 KB, 455x610
>>70704637
Well yea

>>70704858
>>
>>70700852
> Hermione, the Minister of Magic

Kek, a black womyn. How progressive.

Wonder what it's like for a parent who has always been an underdog to see their child grow up a popular chad/stacy with no introspection who has everything handed to them.
>>
>>70705021
From what I hear, she's a pureblood who turned good and Draco's parents fucking hated her cuz she didn't want to raise her son as a nazi.

So maybe his parents or other purebloods who didn't agree with her open minded-ness started rumours.
>>
File: germiona.jpg (69 KB, 618x820) Image search: [Google]
germiona.jpg
69 KB, 618x820
>>
>>70705216
the hate in her eyes...

you can see that she just wants to take out her whip and...........
>>
File: 1464590615024-1.jpg (36 KB, 460x700) Image search: [Google]
1464590615024-1.jpg
36 KB, 460x700
>>70705216
Fake why keep posting
>>
>>70705257

Don't get mad, and post more Emma-Cunny.
>>
File: [email protected] (330 KB, 550x953) Image search: [Google]
XZAVnk1wNVa4wdeQ1VVDm8Xh61U@550x953.jpg
330 KB, 550x953
>>70705376
You cant tell me what to do
>>
File: 1465016807235.png (176 KB, 344x337) Image search: [Google]
1465016807235.png
176 KB, 344x337
>>70700587
Literal fanfiction tier
>>
>>70699289
Good thing Dumbledore was revealed to be a pathetic, flawed man who was encouraging Harry to do stuff that could get him killed.

His favoritism towards Gryffindor only seemed innocent in the beginning because the atmosphere was more lighthearted in the first book. Dumbledore is probably worst than the stereotypical Slytherin to be honest.
>>
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/10/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-spoilers-here-s-the-plot-of-the-play.html

> Rose Granger-Weasley
Jesus Christ. Why not just Weasly? Damn, I'm not even a /pol/tard but some things are just unnecessary.
>>
>>
>>70705407

Dat belly, bro.
>>
>>
>>70705483

Why Disney-Screencaps?
>>
File: [email protected] (250 KB, 550x766) Image search: [Google]
xxYiGP8hJR2-nzuCUxvh5eRvv2Y@550x766-1.jpg
250 KB, 550x766
>>70705451
>>
>>70705499
I really don't know
>>
>>70701366

Everything about that part and Sytheren in general was fucking retarded.

>Entire faction of assholes and magical neo nazis.
>Bloodline of 99% of all slytheren are murderers, crooks, thevies, criminals and nazis.
>In the book when ask if the students want to defend their school all of Slytheren almost get in to a fist fight with the rest of school to turn Harry over.
>They then all refuse to fight and then storm out of the school
>Slughorn staying because he forced to by everyone else (and even tries to run away multiple times) somehow redeems Slytheren.

honestly, what was the point.
>>
>>70699421
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCAisc4MEIk
>>
File: 1463124538839.jpg (706 KB, 1200x1784) Image search: [Google]
1463124538839.jpg
706 KB, 1200x1784
>>
>>70699289
are we just going to have nightly harry potter threads or something
>>
>1000 points for Gryffindor
>oh for fuck's sake Dumbledore you douchebag
>>
>>70700340
>we will never see ron go against the rest of his family that were all gryffindor
>>
File: hp12.jpg (30 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
hp12.jpg
30 KB, 460x276
>>70705635
I thought we hadn't had one in a few days
>>
File: raw-22.jpg (725 KB, 1285x1127) Image search: [Google]
raw-22.jpg
725 KB, 1285x1127
>>
>>70705747
i've seen variations on this dumbledore "well done slytherin" thread literally 5 straight nights
>>
File: 1462967807605.jpg (99 KB, 600x748) Image search: [Google]
1462967807605.jpg
99 KB, 600x748
>>
File: 1463700306488.jpg (318 KB, 1384x2100) Image search: [Google]
1463700306488.jpg
318 KB, 1384x2100
>>
File: 1461396775426-0.jpg (113 KB, 475x640) Image search: [Google]
1461396775426-0.jpg
113 KB, 475x640
>>
File: 1461396731623-2.jpg (49 KB, 430x672) Image search: [Google]
1461396731623-2.jpg
49 KB, 430x672
>>
>>70705747
Man why'd they stop wearing uniforms in movie 3? Made the atmosphere much more boarding-school-comfy.
>>
File: 1463851169853.jpg (743 KB, 1831x3137) Image search: [Google]
1463851169853.jpg
743 KB, 1831x3137
>>
>>70705945
They didn't watch the movies they wear them a ton in 3 4 5 and 6. Also The cover of azkaban book has harry in jeans and adidas.
>>
File: 1461396775426-2.jpg (791 KB, 1643x2500) Image search: [Google]
1461396775426-2.jpg
791 KB, 1643x2500
>>
File: 1461396731623-1.jpg (165 KB, 500x768) Image search: [Google]
1461396731623-1.jpg
165 KB, 500x768
>>
>>70705805
absolutely
>>
>>70705997
They wear them during lessons, not during free time, ie not on posters and any of the finales which make up a good chunk of the movies, like POA and OOTP.
>>
File: 1461396951520.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1461396951520.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuCLPbXZGQo

YOU JUST KNOW
>>
>>70705945
They only have to wear them for class or during school hours, not while fucking around the castle after school.
>>
>>70706072
Well they aren't a bunch of nerds it didn't bother me they wear them loads of times during the school day as they should. The costumes looked great. I think youre triggered they wear the uniforms quite often. The weasleys and harry wore normal clothes in the first two as well.
>>
>>70705945
All of them are comfy
>>
File: BartyCrouch-tongue.jpg (15 KB, 280x158) Image search: [Google]
BartyCrouch-tongue.jpg
15 KB, 280x158
Seriousssssss ly what was his fucking problem?
>>
>>70700193
The books mature thematically as they progress. Books 4 and 5 in particular introduce loads of new side characters and locales related to the bureaucracy and politics of the wizarding world. I'd say Rowling succeeded pretty well at scaling the subject matter parallel to her (then) audience's advancing age.
>>
>>70700587
>It's a Draco gets cucked by Voldemort and has to raise his wife's son episode
10/10, Bravo Rowling.
>>
>>70706273

couldnt find his tardis
>>
>>70701063
I think so at least I know a lot of dh1 was shot on hand. Serra is a great cinematographer
>>
File: 1462100366268.jpg (132 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1462100366268.jpg
132 KB, 1920x800
>>70706742
Handheld*
>>
>>70699336

It shows how awful Rowling is that she never explored this

It's just "All of the bad wizards come from this school. Fancy that. Now let's never delve any deeper".

It's like she understood her own world based on whispers from someone else who actually crafted it. Nothing has any substance at all. No deeper issue is every explored and there are no ramifications to anything.
>>
>>70700852
wew lad

WEW LAD
>>
>>70704994
>White was never specified, except for all those times I drew her as White
>fucking shitlords, continue to read by poorly written books
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.