[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally suggested his part be played by a bagel at one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 0.jpg (26 KB, 537x366) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
26 KB, 537x366
>Literally suggested his part be played by a bagel at one point
>Nailed the part anyway in the end

How did he do it?

>You will travel far, my little Kal-El, but we will never leave you, even in the face of our deaths.
>>
Donner made it very clear from the start he wouldn't take any of Brando's bullshit, and Brando respected him for standing up like that.
>>
>>70697536
That's how you got Brando to work his magic. Stand up to him and don't kiss his ass so much. Otherwise he'd jerk you around and force you to film him with an ice bucket on his head.
>>
>>70697306
Is there literally ANY more perfect capekino? Jesus Christ even the opening credits are epic.
>>
>>70697536
So Coppola was a cuck during the making of Apocalypse Now?
>>
Pure natural talent.
>>
>>70698199
This would be odd considering he worked with Brando just 3 years prior on the godfather (Apocalypse Now was filmed in 1975).
>>
>YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE ME JOR-EL, I SWEAR IT
>BOTH YOU, AND THEN ONE DAY, YOUR ASS

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>70698308
The most unfortunate case of a word warping accent ever.
>>
>>70698287
But reportedly Brando was a major pain for Coppola on AN.
>>
>>70698357
I know, and it's really odd.
>>
>>70698388
Brando was setting up Coppola up the entire time. Brando is the ultimate chess master, super-talented troll.

He'll behave and be awesome on one picture where he doesn't have a particularly big role to get the director hooked. The director will then have another project and give Brando the big lead.

*That's* when Brando breaks out the troll kit and eats 5 gallons of ice cream every day for breakfast, doesn't even bother reading script and sticks index cards everywhere on the set, and behaves like a potato.
>>
>you'll never be seduced by young Marlo

https://youtu.be/UqhXBSW0Zns
>>
>>70698199
Fat Brando was an untamable beast, nobody had a shot of properly handling that gorgeous human being.
>>
File: happy 9.jpg (26 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
happy 9.jpg
26 KB, 375x500
>>70698550
>mfw I realized that second cat noise was him
>>
What's even more incredible is that Brando is reading from cue cards during the entire monologue yet its incredibly convincing and moving.

Dude could read a grocery list and make it sound like Shakespeare
>>
>>70699304
The voice was crucial and Brando nailed it.
>>
>>70697306
he was great in Megamind
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.