[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
remember when GoT was a show about political intrigue and not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: jonPepe.png (34 KB, 840x567) Image search: [Google]
jonPepe.png
34 KB, 840x567
remember when GoT was a show about political intrigue and not about elves, goblins, magic and time travel?
>>
File: THIS CAN'T BE REAL.jpg (7 KB, 168x212) Image search: [Google]
THIS CAN'T BE REAL.jpg
7 KB, 168x212
>>70695761
but it was always shit op
>>
Not really.
>>
>>70695761
Yup. Like you, I didn't watch the first episode.
>>
The very first episode sets the tone for the series. A realm where the day to day intrigue and political backstabbing has taken precedence over warding off and protecting oneself from crazy magic bullshit, which everyone now thinks is just a myth. The sourthron influenced political gestalt of the seven kingdoms is ready to devour itself, oblivious to the existential terror that looms in the north.

Don't be stupid and pretend this wasn't going to happen.
>>
Yeah, seasons 2 and 3 sucked.
>>
>>70695761
>spooky ice ghosts in the very first fucking scene

it was never about the political intrigue op. that was just signs of the southern cancer kingdoms fucking up everything
>>
>>70695761
for fucks sake OP

there are ice zombies (for 1 minute) in the first chapter!
that means that the whole first season was about ice zombies and not about political intrigue like you say!
>>
The show can't go on forever. The child actors are aging horribly.

Sooner or later they were going to get to the tits, dragons, and zombies stuff and now its happened.
>>
>>70695761
Clearly you've never read Berserk.
>>
>>70695761
That's bullshit, it was always about the supernatural, it's just your favorite characters are getting rekt distracting you all the time. GRRM planned all this out probably
>>
>>70695761
Game of thrones has always been about political intrigue as well as magic, dragons and ice zombies.
The lore is based around the war between the first men and the children of the Forrest.
And makes constant reference to the Targaryen's taking over the world riding dragons.
The first fucking scene of S01E01 was ice zombies.
>>
>>70695761
no because i saw the beginning of the very first episode fuck face
>>
>>70695761
OP here.
Top kek so many people falling for this.
Boy, it's too easy to bait newfags these days. xD
>>
>>70698667
reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>70695761

turns out that petty political scheming is wrong and everyone needs to unite under one government in a new world order or succumb to a global climate change
>>
The series went shit when the fag Baratheon was killed by a vagina monster.
>>
Like how the first scene and chapter is a magic ice zombie story?
>>
Season Two was by far the best season in the series. Focused on ACOK, almost no magic, Battle of Kingslanding, war in the Riverlands, and politics.
>>
Remember when GoT wasn't Reddit?
Nah, I don't either.
>>
>>70699644
It was honestly getting pretty bad by S3. S5 was just abysmal though.
>>
Indeed:

>Season one
>show about political intrigue in medieval times

>Season six
>ice demons
>zombies
>giants
>dragons
>elves
>plasma grenades
>prophecies
>magic swords
>resurrection
>shapeshifting ninjas
>fucking TIME TRAVEL
>>
Remember when GoT was a dumbass fantasy show for manchildren?
Oh wait... it still is.
>>
A Song of Ice and Fire has never been as subversive as people made it out to me. It's always been a fairly archetypal fantasy story based on mythological allegories. It just spent a great deal of time developing the world and characters to prepare them for their archetypal hero roles
>>
I remember when the show felt authentic. Now it feels like reddit shit. I want to beat the fuck out of whoever runs this show. Even Preacher >>>>> GoT
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.