[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
well this fucking sucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12
File: 54f8d648c76cb.jpg (42 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
54f8d648c76cb.jpg
42 KB, 750x750
well this fucking sucked
>>
>>70694562
Wrong.
>>
>>70694562
Yea kinda. At least it was better than the Babdook and The Witch
>>
>>70694614
kinda looking forward to seeing The Witch, but if it's more of the same formulaic horror crap then I'm out. Why can't somebody make something original in the genre?
>>
>>70694614
>>70694689
>The Witch

IT'S THE VVITCH

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>70694562
sorry there wasn't enough jump scares for you
>>
>>70694562

I didnt.
>>
>>70694818
I'm not a fan of horror, but somebody recommended this as it's 'oh so different'

I was hugely disappointed. Horror will always be the plebiest genre.
>>
>>70694689
I don't feel like getting into another pointless discussion, but no.

It Follows is an acceptable movie. The Witch is a great movie.

I don't feel like having another asinine genre discussion, but if you think The Witch is anything other than high quality you just have a short attention span and/or are stupid.
>>
>>70694614
>>70694689
Oh shit, just found out that it's finally hit Blu-Ray and DVD

gonna find it online somewhere tonight and watch it then
>>
>>70694888
No, don't say that! The thing is it takes a lot to scare people now, and most people don't like being scared in the first place. Real horror can be found outside of cineplexes
>>
IT SHILLS
T

S
H
I
L
L
S
>>
>>70694888
sorry pal but sounds like you're a pleb!
>>
>>70694562
agreed, overhyped shit
>>
>>70694562
It was really good for an 80s fag such as myself
>>
>>70694584
>>
File: social-share-v2.jpg (158 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
social-share-v2.jpg
158 KB, 1200x630
This movie freaked the fuck out of movie if you're looking for something unsettling
>>
The movie was low on scares and body count but incredibly well executed and had artistic merit.

Also at least it isn't the fucking Babadook with its 40 year old stock sound effects that everyone has heard in Resident Evil.
>>
>>70695383
Fucking plebs man
well executed? there are so many plotholes and ridiculous scenes that is hard to keep a track of.
started of with a good premises but only got progressively worse as it went on. that pool scene is one of the most ridiculous shit i've ever seen.
>>
>>70695601
>plotholes meme

like what? the monster didn't obey any direct rules, making it less predictable and scarier. Pool scene was amazing.
>>
test
>>
>>70695685
>making it less predictable and scarier.
was literally the embodiment of the cliché "having sex will kill you"
nothing about it was scary, was just fucking ridiculous.
and that ending? oh instead of finding a solution let's hold hands and hope for the best.
I don't mind not knowing the monsters "rules", but their attempts at trying were dumb at best.
at least the babadook had a message of mental illness and dealing with loss.
it follows is just shit "you'll get std and die" movie
>>
>>70695699
result: LOW
>>
>>70695839
Yeah it was a sort of homage to older horror movies where that was the hidden trope. In It Follows, it was the overt message.

To be honest, not much really scares me anymore, so I can't say that it was more or less scary compared to other things. I can say it was an insanely creative, stylized, potent horror film.

A few bits that shocked me--it being the super tall lanky guy and the pissing woman with no arms.
>>
>>70694689
>>70695104
It bothered me how The VVitch was 100% accurate 1600s dialogue.

Sometimes it was just "oh my God what the fuck are you guys talking about"
>>
>>70695931
I get the message behind it, and actually some of my favourite horror movies are all dumb as fuck
>Dead Alive
> Evil Dead
>etc
But i didnt find enough redeeming qualities about It Follows for it to be this widely praised, just has it's (very few) moments but overall the movie is pretty ridiculous and flawed.
Yeah had some atmosphere, 80s OST wtv but that doesn't save it
>>
>>70694562
It's over-hyped creepypasta tier shit in film format.
>>
>>70696074
To be honest, I saw it very stoned in a theater with a good friend, so for me the movie was incredibly enjoyable. It was a cool send up of 80's horror movies but somewhat more surreal and visceral. Perhaps it is our different experiences with the film but for me the texture of the film was unlike anything I'd experienced before.
>>
>>70696424
Well that explains it really, think setting/mood/company influences a lot your opinion on a movie, i was setting it with a very critical mindset (since i had been spoonfed the hype around it) and at home alone, while you were maybe having a more open experience considering being high helps enhance certain things.
Then again can just be taste too, which is fine, but i can't help not enjoying this movie as much as everyone says
>>
The soundtrack is god-tier though.
>>
Solid movie, great concept, not very scary, still overhyped.
>>
>>70694562
>what if the monster knows not to go in the water and just throws toasters and tv sets at her in the water lmao
it's liked the plot was developed by stoned high schoolers
>>
>>70698142

I didn't quite understand that. Were they trying to electrocute the monster?
>>
I really liked it, except the last 20 minutes actually make me feel embarrassed to watch it with other people.
>>
>>70695383
Those sound effects took me out of it so hard.
>>
>>70694818
There was one when It came through the hole in the door and screamed.

It ruined the fucking movie for me.
>>
>>70698178
Yeah. They were going to wait for it to get in and then electrocute it.
>>70698142
What was wrong with that? I don't get the problem people have with the creature throwing stuff at her. I thought it was a neat twist.
>>
my experience watching this film:

>girl farts

and into the trash it went
>>
>>70698306
because the monster has a very consistent demeanor and behavior that makes it compelling - it constantly walks towards its victim and kills them when it gets to them. having it stop to throw appliances at somebody is hilariously bad writing.
>>
>>70698359
What was the thing her boy friend said?
>Never go into a room with one door. It's slow, not stupid.
Now, I don't know about you, but I took that to mean that if you go into a place with one door, it would wait by the door. The creature does what it needs to in order to get the kill. I mean, it didn't go in a straight line to kill that guy across the street from her. It had to break the window and climb in, showing that it doesn't just walk in a straight line all the time.
>>
>>70698359
Nah, I don't think so. It is supposed to be smart, otherwise it wouldn't be so successful.
>>
>>70694562
>Teen power fantasy, the movie

Well, maybe you're not the target for this movie
>>
>>70698461
>>70698471
just because the monster would do a certain thing in a given scenario doesn't make it a good idea to write that scenario into the movie. the whole pool scene screamed a desperate attempt at ending a movie about an invincible monster. we're already shown that it doesn't mind getting shot in the face but now they're going to pull the ol' toaster in the bathtub trick on it?
>>
>>70696509

I'm pretty sure I would enjoy watching paint dry as long as it was at a movie theater.
>>
File: it-follows-ending.jpg (41 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
it-follows-ending.jpg
41 KB, 600x300
>>70694562
To each his own I guess. I liked the movie because it has a really nice atmosphere / setting, but it is pretty slow and I can see why most people don't like it.
>>
>>70698359

>hilariously bad writing

Hyperbole much? It made sense and people weren't rolling in the aisles as it was happening.
>>
>>70694562
Agreed,

Anyone who liked it is a cuck and a faggot.
>>
>>70698604

They're stupid teenagers, it didn't work. You should stop trying to hate a movie that you obviously enjoyed but won't admit.
>>
>>70698754
>It made sense

Explain how it made sense please.
>>
>>70698754
what is an adverb
>>
>>70694562
Yes it did, it is a good idea, which is why i watched it in the first place

They fucked up with several characters though especially the faggy numale that likes the main girl

Theres also several moments that completely fuck up the pacing, the idea behind the monster means that the character should be in a constant state of running and fear, no brakes.

Lastly the monster should have been not invisible to others and more clever, not just mindlessly walking at its victim as a naked old lady or some shit, it should try to fool the main character
>>
Why was it standing on the roof though?
>>
>>70698928
there's a nice view
>>
>>70698831

A flying kitchen appliance could certainly disable or possibly maim someone. The creature shows some intelligence earlier in the film as well.

It was a moment where the tables were turned and blew the protags delusions away.
>>
>>70694689
The VVitch is pure kino
>>
Shit at least is was something some what original
>>
>>70695104
>I don't feel like having another asinine genre discussion, but if you think The Witch is anything other than high quality you just have a short attention span and/or are stupid.
I thought it was fantastic as a movie but as a horror movie, it was pretty damn underwhelming.
>>
>>70699058
Why were they setting up those kitchen appliances though?
>>
I just watched it last night and thought it was great. You would expect the Mc to be a slut but really she wasn't.
>>
>>70699468
>You would expect the Mc to be a slut but really she wasn't.

Except for when she got gangbanged by those dudes on the boat. Or when she fucked that one friend of hers that was in a relationship without set up instead of the poor cuck that got the sloppy seconds at the end.
>>
>>70699439
They were going to turn them on and put them in the pool to electrocute the following thing.
>>
>>70699653
She fucked those dudes on the boat because she was broken and scared as fuck. It was to show how much her mental state changed. And she fucked the twink at the end so they could just live through it together (if the monster was even alive)
>>
>>70699690
Why? It's been established that it's unkillable.
>>
>>70699742
who knows, theyre stupid kids
>>
>>70694562
>movie "fucking sucked"
>still getting regular threads after two years

yes it has clearly left no impression
>>
File: 1258917372199.jpg (14 KB, 233x270) Image search: [Google]
1258917372199.jpg
14 KB, 233x270
>move overseas
>monster gets stuck at the bottom of the Mediterranean
>>
>>70699769
capeshit gets hundreds of threads, doesnt mean it doesnt suck
>>
File: risky.jpg (32 KB, 563x274) Image search: [Google]
risky.jpg
32 KB, 563x274
>>70699734
Just saying, that little slur had enough sexual partners in those 100 minutes that she'd be a pretty risky investment as long term partner later on.
>>
>>70699817
If i was in here situation id be banging all types of people honestly. Did you see that tall motherfucker?
>>
>>70699763
You know what would make a great movie?

It follows Kevin
>>
>>70699891
>I'm a slut too
Well ok, sluts gonna slut.
>>
>>70699800
Actually, it could simply get a plane, or if It was feeling funny, swim the way.
>>
>>70699985
>le slut
Who gives a shit? If you're fucking a lot, it's great, so why being a slut would be bad? Bonus, you're saving your life while that.
>>
>>70700113
slut detected
>>
>>70694614

The Babadook and the Witch were a lot better than this boring inconsistent mess.
>>
>>70699985
Okay so what would you do if it was following you?
>>
>>70700261
Yes, and so what, retard?
>>
File: 1458523459452.gif (40 KB, 255x188) Image search: [Google]
1458523459452.gif
40 KB, 255x188
Was the semen demon an allegory to AIDS?
>>
>>70695319
Yea id watch it if it would fucking come out.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1917x1079) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1917x1079
why didn't she just ask the black lady for her help?
>>
>>70700297
That's more or less how I saw it. Not necessarily AIDS specifically, but STDs in general.
>>
>>70700350
it did
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1919x1078) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1919x1078
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>70698461
Exactly. "its slow, but not stupid" was the key to understanding the monsters behavior. Like when it transformed into the little boy to fit into the hole in the door
>>
>>70698718
What the fuck was the style of the characters supposed to be? Every outfit in this movie was terrible. The hoodie and jacket he has on is decent but everything else was garbage
>>
Very nice looking film and great score too.

My man DRM has a nice future ahead
>>
>>70700264
The babadook was good but not better than this
>>
>>70700413
It only played in a small amount of theatres and i still can't find it on streams.
>>
>>70700622
The Babadook was shit.
>>
>>70700434
>taking your foot fetish a bit too far
>>
>>70700277
Fucked a lot of emus. And ducks. And swans
>>
>>70700847
No, good, actually. But it's another film that the memelords love to hate.
>>
Where can I find a decent torrent of this thing?
>>
>>70701013
It was the most boring, uneventful, least scary horror movie I've ever seen.

And babby's first allegory with the monster representing depression.

Felt like I wasted an hour and a half watching this bullshit.
>>
>>70701013
>1st half, decent horror movie
>2nd half, lifetime channel melodrama
>>
>>70700673
>>70700413
Pls respond
>>
File: LOL.webm (552 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
LOL.webm
552 KB, 1280x720
>>70699905
>It follows Kevin

I like it.
>>
>>70694562
I've seen people talk about this movie for months but never post any pictures or gifs; what does the monster even look like? I hear it breaks people inside like exorcist style? Let's see some shit dudes
>>
>>70698928
we don't know that was It
It's established early on that the elderly neighbor likes to stand naked on the roof.

That's the beauty, not knowing.
>>
>>70699905
This.

>weird 80s horror movie music starts playing
>suddenly the marbles in the kitchen scatter and a loud thunk is heard as It falls on its ass
>record scratch
>slide whistle
>>
Yeah it was pretty stupid, all tension and spooky feeling left at the beach scene, it answered too much.

>turns out the monster is just invisible
>other people can touch it
>it grabbed her hair instead of going for the kill
>it transforming really quickly
>it screamed

Also the teens were fucking retarded, they shot it in the neck, and yet electrocuting it is gonna be the best chance, why not at least be clever and use a garbage compactor or something that completely detroys its form.
>>
>>70701275
This is completely false. The monster can be any human basically. From a 7 foot nigga to a dead nigga with no face, to your grandma nigga.
>>
>>70700373
>pls save me from the invisible person chasing me
>>
>>70701365
>still no pics
Let's see my grandma nigga, nigga
>>
>>70701435
Just watch the movie man
>>
>>70700547
>/fa/
>>
>>70701457
No its probably trash if you can't even find one picture of the monster worthy of convincing someone to watch it lol
>>
>>70701076
This. I could see how a young guy just getting into film where I would think it's fresh though. Parts of it were well done but there was just nothing groundbreaking or amazing about it.
>>
>>70694798
still sucked no matter the spellin
>>
File: 1452455259952.gif (897 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1452455259952.gif
897 KB, 320x240
>>70701761

/tv/ isn't gonna hold your hand, it's an interesting decent movie; worth a watch but it's nothing special.

Watch it or just shut the fuck up about it and do something else.
>>
>>70694562
I just rewatched this today with some retards who had never seen it and kept bugging me to watch it
It's pretty good, there's a lot of good scary scenes and they don't rely on jumpscares to get you
The parts I disliked were the parts where Greg is killed by the thing as his mother that's banging him, I think that ruined a lot of the mystery
I also disliked the pool scene, I feel like it went on for too long and it feels like the movie should have ended right after that
The ending scene is pretty neat but it pissed off the people I was watching it with. I like that it isn't really solved
The atmosphere was pretty damn great too, it felt dreamlike and yet kind of vacant or hollow and eerie
The music seemed like it was mixed a little too loudly, I remember having to turn down the music in some parts and turn it up to hear dialogue but it wasn't that big of a deal.
There are a lot of neat shots and it was neat that it used a lot of wide pans and full rotation shots to build suspense instead of the typical horror jump cut every half second BS
All in all it's competent, the cinematography complimented the horror elements and it was pretty consistent throughout
>>
>>70695104
Idk if it was just the setting or what but the entite movie just felt forced to me, it was so forced i wanted to die. Not one bit of that movie was interesting. I felt like rolling my eyes every scene. For the record i love good horror, this was just crisp nice shots. The quality of the movie went no deeper than that.
>>
>>70701918
>ruined alot of the mystery
wat?
>>
>>70700884
looks more like quadruped fetish to me
>>
If you like this piece of shit you're probably a retarded teenager still in high school or a soccer mom. I can appreciate their lazy copying of old horror classics and their tone and cinematography but beyond that It Follows is garbage. I laughed so hard during the beach scene with the wheelchair girl.
>>
>>70699321
If by horror you mean increased heart rate and sweaty palms, sure. Jumpscares will always be stimulating when done right, and The Witch has only two or three, and those that it has aren't that shocking. So I can understand that it's not the scariest of movies. It's also the only 'horror' movie I've given any serious thought to post-viewing, though. So there's that. I think it's clear now it was marketed the way it was in order to increase revenue. I don't really give a shit if lots of people were let down, honestly; I'm happy the movie made money if that means the director is more likely to work again.

>>70702083
>for the record I love good horror
Okay, then don't think of The Witch as a horror movie. The movie is absolutely more similar to Shakespeare than it is to something like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. If simply changing the genre invalidates your criticism, then it's bad criticism. Also, "forced" is a meme. It's a completely empty word by now.
>>
>>70694562
>great idea
>poor execution
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.