[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would you rate this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: money-monster-poster.jpg (69 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
money-monster-poster.jpg
69 KB, 486x720
how would you rate this?
>>
What's with the influx of economic movies? Did the big short cause this?
>>
I hate both George Clooney and Julia Roberts.
>>
>>70694400
The fucking big ass financial crisis that destroyed thousands of people's lives less than a decade ago caused it, are you retarded? There were a bunch before the big short. Go watch Margin Call.
>>
implausible and filled with plotholes/10
wanting to be redpilled but scratching the surface/10
5/10
>>
>>70694440
not the guy you're reply to, but
1) Margin Call was not a good movie
2) Movies on this subject matter are important, but OP movie wasn't great, either. Jodie Foster can make any movie she wants, because she's Jodie Fucking Foster, but all the movies she's directed have been terrible.
>>
>>70694400
no it's just liberal trying to blame the big bad capitalism for problems government interventionism created
basically kike propaganda
>>
>>70694490
>i feel that i'm making a reasonable point
>here's some racism to bring it home

Adults are talking.
>>
>>70694490

crony capitalism is a result of years of K street lobby groups so they can get bailouts for the mess they created.
>>
>>70694371

As a thriller, it's bargain-bin material. As a message movie, it's truly stupid.
>>
>>70694521
>racism
words lost all meaning to me at this point
>>70694440
It wasn't the fucking great depression, you meme. Maybe people shouldn't retardedly but houses they can't afford
>>
>>70694688

banks sold them the home and then people took short options so they could cash in on the housing crisis. it isnt the persons fault if they are approved for a home they cannot afford.
>>
>>70694628
>crony capitalism
aka corporativism =/= free market capitalism
>>
>>70694475

>Margin Call was not a good movie

>irrelevant plebeian opinion stated as if it's fact

>that happens to be stated on a board with /b/ and /v/ crossposters

>it's just a magical coincidence

Please fuck off
>>
>>70694795

its exactly whats the problem that created the financial mess. its what shut down the american industry. Globalism destroyed every economy for a few large conglomerates. Tariffs, borders and controlled market are what is needed.
>>
File: 1434046204673.jpg (43 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1434046204673.jpg
43 KB, 681x496
When the gunman, Clooney and the cameraman go out onto the street to head to the other building, why are people standing so close to him with his gun and bomb, let alone making obnoxious gestures and insulting him? Sure the semtex isn't real, but they don't know that. They're literally willing to make fun of this dude 10 feet away from him when he has a bomb trigger at the ready.

This movie's so hell-bent on shoving its "Babby's First Corporate Greed Commentary" agenda in your face it forgets to make literally any of the characters act like regular human beings. Generally well-directed and acted with a good score to boot, but abundantly dim.

3/10
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.