[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preacher (2016 TV Series)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: o-preacher-serie-tv-facebook.jpg (126 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-preacher-serie-tv-facebook.jpg
126 KB, 2000x1000
Just watched the pilot—awesome introduction to the characters and setting. The tone is very good, too, deftly handling both drama and levity.

Definitely looking forward to watching more. What say you, lads?
>>
>>70694250
if you really liked the books u might not like the show but i was excited when the saint showed up
>>
>>70694250

It's alright, I will def see it
>>
>>70694321

I haven't read the source material, so I'm judging the show purely on its own merits. I really enjoyed how they defied conventionality. For instance, the buildup and introduction to Eugene was brilliant IMO.
>>
>>70694410
yea the comics are amazing most original comic in forever i can see how they had to change a few things because it ran from 1995-2000 but man they changed a ton of shit the first 2 episodes alot of talking and im not racist ruth negga is hot but tulip shouldnt have been cast as a women of color
>>
so far cassidy is the best atleast till the saint of killers and herr starr show up also the sexual detective agency was a real hoot
>>
>>70694250
It's interesting. I'll watch it with /co/.
>>
>>70694250
Never read the comic and did not and will never watch the show. I like it so far. It's entertaining and makes me laugh.
>>
>>70694569

Word, I get that. I was really entertained by how modern the show was making itself.

>kids fighting over iPad
>sheriff mentions in disgust that some Jap married his pillow
>Tom Cruise gets exploded

All those moments brought a smile to my face.
>>
>>70694250
More decent than anyone would have expected.

If it was a Cassidy prequel/spin-off it would be 10 times better though.
>>
Never read the comics, but this feels unfocused. 2 episodes and still no clue where goes the plot.

The characters are ninja kind of fighters on the comic too or this is one of the changes on the TV version?
>>
>>70694250

>It´s shit
>TV characters are caricatures of comic characters
>pacing is weird
>cartoony fights
>is against GOT, so is DOA

I predict a huge drop this week
screencap this.
>>
>>70694250

Cor AMC marketeer that sounds like a grade A show!
>>
>>70695461

god the shill meme needs to die
>>
>>70695122

Jesse is hard as nails in the comics (the reason why is also one of the better parts of the story), Tulip not so much, and Cassidy is still an immortal vampire.
>>
>>70695417
There won't be.
You're actually right, but people are so fucking stupid they'll eat this shit up, just look at this board.
>>
>>70695539
It will die when shills will learn how to express themselves like a fucking human being.
>>
>>70694623

The Saint is not going to be chasing Jesse though, is he?

It looks like they're going to keep the series set in Annvile, if the Saint finds them they are dead.

They've already fucked it up by humanising him via his backstory as an introduction anyway. He should have just been some ridiculously terrifying motherfucker that comes out of nowhere, guns blazing. His backstory comes after, when it is required.
>>
>>70695867
>people with good grammar/vocab aren't normal

i feel terrible for you. i can't imagine being so retarded
>>
>>70695941
What would you know about it, you clearly aren't one of them.
>>
>>70696073

at least i'm not insecure enough to think negative of them you sad little faggot
>>
>>70695941

>picture of logo
>show title (tv series 2016) in the subject line
>no criticism, only praise
>final line is attempt to fit in with board culture by using colloquialism, does not suit tone or style of previous paragraphs
>open ended question to prompt discussion

Fuck off Seth.
>>
>>70696125
>at least i'm not clever enough to think negative of them you sad little faggot

ftfy
>>
File: 1435382365038.jpg (39 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1435382365038.jpg
39 KB, 680x453
>>70696145
>actually being this tinfoiled

fucking LOL
>>
>>70696184
>calling someone a shill is clever

hahahahahaha
>>
>>70696186

You getting paid by the post 'lad'.
>>
>>70696261

yeah, appreciate the constant bumps and continuance of dialogue. my bosses at AMC are very pleased by the 27 replies in the asshole of the internet from pirating neckbeards such as yourself. seriously a spectacular shilling success
>>
>>70696303
>my bosses at AMC are very pleased

I bet you kow very well how to please them jews, fucknoy.
>>
>>70694321
what is it with you comicfag and your >muh SoK

worship?
>>
>>70696338

they get all hot and bothered when someone's autism short-circuits. thank you for being the hero we shills pray for, mr. fucknoy
>>
>>70696398
Aren't they worried people will think "negative" of the show?

It seems you do:
>>70696359
>>
>>70696564

nah they're just happy it's being talked about on a site as influential as the chins
>>
I always pictured Cass as a sort of car bomber irish, in the show he's more leprechaun Irish and it bothers me
>>
>>70694250
This post reads like some PR drone is just dumping diarrhea on the board again. Fucking interns.
>>
File: 1435950907190.png (9 KB, 429x431) Image search: [Google]
1435950907190.png
9 KB, 429x431
>>70696756

we appreciate the bump! makes our jobs easier
>>
>>70694250
>Preacher (2016 TV Series)
>(2016 TV Series)

I cant see this having a second seasson.
AMC is not looking for another better cal saul, but for a replacement of TWD, and this is far, far from the widespread success of TWD or even FTWD.
>>
>>70697020

Is TWD nearing its end? I thought the series was ongoing, but could be mistaken.
>>
>>70697049
is still ongoing but is a tired show now.
AMC is looking for the next cash cow.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.