[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mallrats 2 is now a tv series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: Mallrats-2-Kevin-Smith.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Mallrats-2-Kevin-Smith.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
And it will be 10 episodes long. Kevin Smith announced.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/10/mallrats-will-become-a-10-episode-tv-series
>>
Kevin Smith has finally smoked one too many doobies.
>>
>>70693830
Fuck I fucking hate Kevin Smith and all his bullshit.
>>
first tv series to get straight Fs on avclub?
>>
Fucking why... I hate this move to /tv/ everybody is making. Stop giving up on film, tv shows are fucking weak.
>>
>>70694242

Honestly tv has been far superior to hollywood as of late. Just look at daredevil and Jessica Jones. Better than anything marvel studios has put out on film,
>>
>>70694364
Epic bait
>>
>>70693830
If Jason Lee isn't returning then it's Jay and Silent Bob the TV show and therefore I don't give a shit.
Replace Jason with Randall Graves and I might try it though.
>>
>>70693830
He got Stan Lee back?

Nice.
>>
We need Jason Lee as a middle age comic book store owner that sells homemade chocolate pretzels
>>
File: 1451283242938.jpg (41 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1451283242938.jpg
41 KB, 480x352
>he doesn't like Mallrats
>>
>>70694171
>reading the AV Club reviews in The Current Year

All their writers are SJW millenials with nothing interesting to say.
>>
Is this or the vagina ghostbusters movie on the top of the list for things guaranteed to suck? I can't decide.
>>
>>70696012
If you're not a millenial that means you were born in the 70s and are literally too old for this place.
>>
>>70696067
I reject your categories and conclusions.
>>
Do kids still live at the mall?
I have my doubts
>>
Wasn't he supposed to do Hit Somebody, then he was going to do Clerks 3 as a play, then a movie, then he started work on the Great White North trilogy, then he was going to do Mallrats 2, but then he ended up making that Yoga movie.

Stop annoucing shit you're years away from making.
>>
Shannon Doherty has been looking for work to buy more drugs. She'll be pleased.
>>
>>70696773

I bet you that's what the series will be about
>>
>>70696067
fuck off faggot
>>
>>70696067

I also reject those categories. I refuse to accept a 'millenial' is anyone born earlier than 1993.
>>
YEAH KEVIN SMITH, UR KILLIN IT MAN
>>
>>70696902
But how
Americas middle class is dead
Only the upper middle class now has the time and money to laze around the mall
Plus malls aren't the center of teen culture that they were inthe 80s and 90s
Plus with the advent of online shopping not even normies a go to the mall unless it's for a reason
>>
>>70696839
You me the decline of the mall as a social hangout?

Yeah sounds about right up kevins alley to discuss that.
>>
>>70696823
Hit Somebody couldn't get the money for a movie, then was going to be a miniseries. Smith said on one of his thousand pods that a network was interested. He said it was too early to say which, but it's pretty obvious. A few weeks later, AMC announced they were canceling the Babble On show and the CBM spin off. So it was probably AMC and then they decided to take the network in another direction.

I think Clerks was a situation where he misunderstood the rights situation. Plus Jeff apparently was all that jazzed about it. He said it's his best script (but I think he says that about everything).

True North finishes with Moose Jaws, which may or may not feature Jay and Silent Bob. If I recall correctly, Clerks 3 was only happening because Kev promised Mewes he'd make it if he stayed clean. Moose Jaws might the thing to fufill the promise. I doubt this will actually happen though. He's really fallen in love with TV and I'm not sure he realizes running a show is different that directing one episode.

Plus he just made a pilot for Hollyweed. If that, Buckaroo Bonzai, and Mallrats all go forward, that'll be three shows he's heavily involved with. I think he even stars in Hollyweed (and he'd obviously be starring in Mallrats). No way this realistically happens.
>>
i hope jonah hill makes a cameo
>>
I love the smell of commerce in the morning
>>
>>70697390
>We will never get an HBO show.

Christ. Fucking Chris Hardwick's stupid bitch ass can land a million Talking X shows, but poor fucking Ralph can't catch a break.
>>
>>70693830
How the fuck does his garbage keep getting funded?
Is he like Lucas, using his own money to unleash his garbage on the public
>>
>>70695975
but I do.
>>
>>70697829
He's made some great movies and people really love him.
>>
I thought the sequel would be called Mallbrats.
>>
>>70697829
Dogma, Clerks, Ben Affleck's coattails
>>
>>70694242
You can have far more freedom with tv.

I enjoyed ash v evil dead.

And...10 hours oh mallrats? Im ok with this.
>>
>>70697390
He's also got the other AMC show with Grunberg coming up
>>
File: 1436630109093.jpg (10 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
1436630109093.jpg
10 KB, 223x200
>>70694171
who gives a shit what those hipsters would give an F to? If they put a tranny in it they'll feel obligated to give it an A anyway
>>
>>70697829
His stuff makes money. He always talks about how investors are so willing to work with him because he makes stuff cheap and has dedicated fans.
>>
>>70696967
i go to the mall a week after school starts back up. You would not believe the massive discounts they have cause all the dumbasses bought shit right before school started. I take my niece and son the following fridays after the first week of school and let them skip school for the day and get shit. No crowds no screaming kids and deep discounts.
>>
>>70696839
Already confirmed that it is.
>>
File: 6lPcFa7.jpg (23 KB, 600x658) Image search: [Google]
6lPcFa7.jpg
23 KB, 600x658
>>70700225
i do the same with my wife's son
>>
>>70696067
I'm 73! I was introduced to the website by my grandson who wanted me to do a question and answer here but I told him it was unlikely anybody from his age group saw my movies. I don't post all that much, and a lot of the conversations go right over my head I must say! However I do find the whole concept of the website very intriguing. I think if it had been around when I was young I'd have turned into a "neckbeard" too! It's great what you kids are doing and it's nice to visit from time to time to see the kinds of discussion going on about directors I watched when I was a younger man. Sometimes I hear the same kind of opinions about certain directors that I heard when I was in my twenties! Anyway I saw this discussion and thought it would be quite funny to tell everybody how old I was .
>>
>>70701147
I want to believe.
>>
>>70694364
>Better than anything marvel studios has put out on film,

You could trip a midget with a bar that low.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.