[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well that was fucking awful. When did this meme that James Wan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Well that was fucking awful. When did this meme that James Wan is a good director start?
>>
i thought it was a good movie, but it's easy to say every horror movie in the entire genre ever made is terrible.

it's horror.

it follows a predictable formula.
>>
I laughed at a lot of it. The scene in the basement with the mom where the ghost does the clap from the game the kids were playing. Dumb as fuck.
>>
>>70692642
Sign of Autism is to laugh at inappropriate cues.

I had a group of them in front of me watching The Prisoner. Or Down Syndrome, either or.
>>
>>70692682
I watched it at home. Being like that in a theater is unacceptable.
>>
>>70692682

I do this too with movies, but it's not real, I'm laughing at the way an actor pretends to die or be scared, because often they're funny doing that. They probably think it's funny on the set too.

My family thought it was weird that I was laughing at Gone Girl, but there was a lot of humor in the performances. I guess I've seen too many movies, and I don't really get immersed to the point that I feel genuinely concerned for fictional characters.
>>
>>70692542
the scene in the basement with the mom in the chair is legitimately awful and jarringly out of place.

the rest of the movie was pretty decent as far as modern horror goes.
>>
inb4 epic fedora maymay, but did it seem to anyone else that this had a ridiculous amount of pro-Christian preachiness to it?

Like I get that any movie dealing with demons and shit will need a certain amount of that, but thrown in with the 'based on a true story' tag, it just seemed like the film came dangerously close to agreeing with the Warrens' radical conservative Christian mania.

The wife's 'clairvoyance' was especially disturbing in the way it was portrayed as real (when it wasn't unintentionally hilarious).
>>
>>70693506
The sequel is even worse in this regard.

The people who are supposed to be the nonbelievers are all painted as being stupid.
>>
>>70693506
*tips fedora*
No need to be outraged when a religion is portrayed onscreen and it's relevant to the film's themes.
>>
>>70693506
I wasn't familiar with the IRL Christian nuttery, and given that it's a horror movie about ghosts, I ignored the "based on a true story" thing. I didn't pick up anything preachy about it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.