[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad that I've started to like this movie? After
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: boyhoodposter600.jpg (336 KB, 600x869) Image search: [Google]
boyhoodposter600.jpg
336 KB, 600x869
Is it bad that I've started to like this movie?

After first seeing it a couple years ago I genuinely thought it was as much of an overrated turd as /tv/ liked to point out, but upon rewatchings I've realized that it actually resonates with me. I feel like it captured the "stages" of growing up in a way that felt genuine.
>>
File: QlKHlIB.gif (957 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
QlKHlIB.gif
957 KB, 250x197
"couple of years ago"

man time flies. Also 2014; what an AMAZNG movie year, can't believe how poor 2015 was comparison.

fucking Whiplash, Birdman , Gone Girl, The Imitation Game, Nightcrawler, The Grand Budapest Hotel

even the pleb action and capeshit movies were great:Days of Future Past, Big Hero 6, John Wick, Interstellar, Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier , Intersteller, Fury , American Sniper , Edge of Tomorrow, 22 jump street, The LEGO Movie, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Kingsman: The Secret Service

was 2014 the best movie year ever?
>>
I liked it since I first saw it. Only true plebs think every movie needs a story-driven plot. Yeah the 12 years thing is a gimmick, but the fact that they still made it is impressive and it actually works to the movie's benefit.
>>
>>70691464
I think all of his movies are good, specially before sunset.
>>
>>70691849
>>
>>70691464
No, I really like it.
>>
>>70691464
It's okay to like things that others don't, believe it or not.
>>
>>70691464
I miss the memes
>>
>>70692101
That's libtard garbage, friendo
>>
>>70691464
>I've realized that it actually resonates with me. I feel like it captured the "stages" of growing up in a way that felt genuine.
In certain ways, yeah. I'm the exact same age as Mason and watched the film just before moving out for uni and some stuff was pretty similar to me, like awkwardly meeting your step-mum's parents. Its a shame so much of it is also garbage.
>>
>>70691464
>being so contrarian that you stop siding with the contrarians and start siding with the normies
>>
>>70692142
Okay! Sure!
>>
>>70691849
dont be an idiot

>>
It's a good movie, I never understood the hate. It's very low-key and not at all plot-driven, but that's always been Linklater's thing. I think maybe they just advertised it wrong, or something. People were expecting some kind of sweeping epic drama, rather than an experimental side project from an indie director
>>
>>70691849
2014 is still up there you . Also not mentioning 1939, it literally has it own wiki page. And 2007? Are you retarded or just blindly follwing the NCFM and TWB fanboytrain?

i loved last man on earth tho
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.