[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: f.r.i.e.n.d.jpg (33 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
f.r.i.e.n.d.jpg
33 KB, 600x315
What does /tv/ think of Friends?
>>
>>70690040
overrated
>>
It's not that bad.
>>
>>70690040
average in every single way. I think there's a few great episodes but nothing beyond that. It's "background noise" the TV show.
>>
>>70690095
>>70690171

What sitcom's funnier than friends, apart from seinfeld?
>>
Great show, but the fact every single episode is based around one of the guys sex/love life annoys me
That's why Phoebe is my favourite character: she doesn't give a fuck for most of the show
>>
>>70690215
Humour is very subjective but personally I find Scrubs, Frasier, Cheers and Arrested Development all funnier than it. Some earlier episodes of the US Office too.
>>
The television equivalent of McDonald's. It's on all the time, and it's watchable but mediocre.
>>
>>70690095
>I was born after 1995
>>
>>70690223
There were many episodes in the earlier seasons which didn't revolve around sex/love life like the one with five steaks and an eggplant, the one with the football and the one with the embryos. It feels like the writers wanted a proper story line for all their relationships and hence every progressing season had more episodes based on their sex/love life.
>>
>>70690040
Mediocre at best sitcom that hit all the right notes for 90s pop culture
>>
>all these pretentious 18 year olds shitting on one of the GOAT sitcoms
>>
>>70690040
perfect combo of waifu, bantz and comfy

no show has reached these levels, community could've been there but they fucked up
>>
>>70691230
IASIP would top it if it had waifus
>>
It gets good around halfway through season 2 but has a laugh track and episodes aren't very "rewatchable" imo
>>
I thought the jokes were equivalent to the Big Bang Theory style jokes, but instead of hammy, canned laughter science jokes, it was hammy, canned laughter jokes about 90's dating. The show was great at keeping popular story arcs and themes consistent, but I just don't think it's a top tier sitcom. I'd rather it a 6.5/10.
>>
never seen it
>>
>>70690040
Seinfeld for women
>>
>>70691131
>>70691230

This.
>>
FUCK THE HATERS. Most consistent laughs I've ever had in a tv comedy series. I always have an audible chuckle or laugh every episode. Also probably the most I've laughed at a tv show ever. The first time I watched PIVOT I thought I was gonna die from lack of oxygen
>>
The first season is good, the second season is alright, do yourself a favour and don't watch the rest.
>>
>People love friends and find itscocially acceptable to laugh out loud when jokes are made
>People hate me for liking That 70's show and think its the most unfunny garbage on the planet

WHY.
AM I SHIT?
ARE YOU SHIT?
I WANT ANSWERS.
>>
>>70690040
It's one of the most over hyped 90s shows of all time along with Seinfeld. I've tried watching / getting into both these shows a few times and they are just so corny and lame I couldn't.
>>
>>70690040
Too much sex
>>
Friends is honestly one of the best shows out there and definitely the best sitcom.

>>70690277
*tips fedora*
>>
Absolute unprecedented overrated garbage. Considering everything NBC had going for them in the 1990s, this show is one of its worst.
>>
it's good
>>
>>70690215
Seinfeld is trash too. Sitcoms are the lowest form of entertainment
>>
this show is too white for me
>>
i wish i had some
>>
>>70690040
It's okay, i don't find it that funny

>>70690215
always sunny, arrested development, scrubs, cheers (have only seen the first season so far but), curb your enthusiasm (if that counts).

>>70694790
>Seinfeld is trash
confirmed for not having watched much seinfeld.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.