[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conjuring 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: conjuringpostersmall.jpg (813 KB, 1280x1897) Image search: [Google]
conjuringpostersmall.jpg
813 KB, 1280x1897
Gonna go see this in an hour, I'm kinda nervous I get scared easy in movies what am I in for?
>>
>>70689822
Don't cover your eyes.
>>
Saw it the other day. Not as scary as the first one but equally terrifying. Can't go wrong with James Wan.
>>
>>70689822
BASED ON REAL LIVE EVENTS.
>>
Guest starring Marilyn Manson
>>
File: Ya blew it..jpg (9 KB, 278x282) Image search: [Google]
Ya blew it..jpg
9 KB, 278x282
>>70689939
>Can't go wrong with James Wan.
>>
>>70690325
Fuck.
Cannot Unsee.

OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!!!
>>
It's decent I guess. But holy shit the amount of jumpscares is too much thought. Towards the end your pretty much used to it.
>>
God tier haunted house atmosphere
Better than the first one
>>
So, is this for real? Did it happened? I did some google search and even youtube for sound recording. I didn't think it was real.
I mean, is it? That shit happened? All of it?
>>
>>70690453
It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real.
>>
>>70690453
of course ghosts and shit are real dipshit
>>
File: kate beaton is my waifu.jpg (175 KB, 359x609) Image search: [Google]
kate beaton is my waifu.jpg
175 KB, 359x609
>>70690453
Ghosts aren't real, ya dingus.
>>
>>70690453
Well, she was tossed around more in real life and did die, rather was found dead on that same spot.
But only in 2003.
If it was real. It was real enough to have the church involved and you know the catholic church has hitmen for these possesed kids.
>>
I found it to be scarier than the first one. T
>>
>>70690967
They wouldn't want it to get leaked that God is actually a soul devouring parasite from beyond space and we are all just lambs to be slaughtered in His name.

This is why I prefer worshiping Baarthogog The Everlasting and Everdead and also the ultimate cunny shitposter on /tv/.
>>
I recall the house has been abandoned. No one lives there anymore. No one wants to. After the woman departure, things have begun to stirr. Shadows as neighbours mention. None dares go near it.
>>
Just saw it.

It was decent, the plot was bleh, too many jumpscares and the crooked man looked laughably bad. But James Wan has a good eye for what makes a horror movie work.

The painting scene was top tier horror and easily the standout moment in the movie.
>>
The way it tried to paint the sceptics as asshole deniers and the cast as the one with common sense was fucking laughable.

This probably wouldn't have left such a bad taste in my mouth if the movie had the retarded "BASED ON TRUE EVENTS." plastered all over.
>>
File: CKUOioqUAAAfVL1.jpg (10 KB, 280x262) Image search: [Google]
CKUOioqUAAAfVL1.jpg
10 KB, 280x262
>>70690672
>>
>>70691155

I agree the crooked man looked bad. They could have used practical effects instead of CGI.
>>
>>70691291
I found it strange that the church took over the investigation After the skeptics said they made it up. Everybody leaves, except the priests. And they do what? If it was faked why did they stay?
>>
>>70691511
The church was never officially involved. The Warrens went back on their own.
>>
>>70691155
That painting scene is a high point in horror, period. I would rewatch it just for that. Also the small house setting was handled perfectly.
Wan showed an impeccable spatial awareness and camera movement in this one.
>>
getting fucking sick of the commercials

"this time its different......the demon is real"

fuck off
>>
I liked it a lot better than the first one.

The only real problem I have with James Wan is that he relies to heavily on jump scares, especially when he has showed he can do some good horror without it. That and all the demons and shit look the same (like the old dude though)
>>
>>70692005

He has a talent for building up the tension. Agree that too many jump scares but still effective rather than being thrown in just for the sake of it.
>>
>>70692005
His camerawork is extremely fucking good.

The way he plays with your head as if he knows what you're thinking in terms of visuals is fantastic, you really feel like you're in the palm of his hand when it really works.
>>
when will the jumpscares meme die
>>
I've heard it's the scariest movie ever
>>
what happened in the painting scene? I probably won't see this till its on blu ray.
>>
>>70692433
Name one scary movie that doesn't have jump scares. Just one. I'll wait.
>>
hold on to your butt
>>
I heard that people who watched it gouged out their own eyeballs and mailed them to youtube.
>>
>>70692504

the shining
>>
>>70690453
>>>/x/
>>
>>70692557
Not scary. I was not unnerved once.
>>
>>70691120
i too have read the works of love craft. Tips fedora
>>
>>70692611

what about the witch
>>
What happens in the painting scene?
>>
>>70689822
I liked it.
But im fed up with horror movies in generel. That damn buildup to some "omg the picture moves" moment is just argh.
Also the "suddenly anything is quiet" moments..woho
But the fucking walking around looking at stuff only to expect some jumpscare after watching paint dry for 5 minuts. Damn

Dont get me wrong, its a good film. Im just getting old I guess.
>>
>waifu is in it
Fuck I guess I have to see it
>>
>>70692664
Explaining it doesn't really do it justice.

It's just extremely well fucking done and James Wan showing just how good he is capable of being.
>>
>>70692808
This. That scene really fucked with me
>>
>>70692468
Stop hanging around playgrounds
>>
>>70689822
How can you get scared in a cinema, with dozens of people surrounding you?
>>
>>70692504

Session 9? I don't remember any in that one.
>>
I thought James Wan was done doing horror movies.
>>
Does it have any hairy chicks?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.