[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://heroichollywood.com/stan-lee -spider-man-favorite-mov
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
http://heroichollywood.com/stan-lee-spider-man-favorite-movie/

Even Stan Lee, the boss of Marvel, has no respect for Marvel Studio's trite banal forgettable filmmaking

After 13 movies, they havent rivaled the Raimi films
>>
>>70687872
Stan Lee is a patrician?
>>
File: 14605718664.jpg (55 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
14605718664.jpg
55 KB, 416x416
>>70687872
haha /tv/ BTFO
>>
>>70687872
>A Columbia Pictures Corporation Movie
disney btfo2bh
>>
>>70687872
Stan Lee confirmed as patrician.
>>
Its the purest one, closest to his original story.
>>
Impressive
>>
>>70688526
and yet had goblin and macy gray cringe moments. one of the worst capeshit
>>
>>70687872
well he is right, spider-man 1 and 2 were the best spidey movies, I think /tv/ agrees with that?

not sure why BTFO
>>
>>70688671
>one of the worst capeshit
You have to be 18+ to post here
>>
>>70687872
Rami did a terrific job in the first 2 of actually developing Peter's character, not so much of the others although Norman was a good character. None of the Marvel character were developed that good, the closest would have to be Steve
>>
>>70687872
>it's a shitposting episode
>>
The Marvel movies are generally good and entertaining but none of them can really hold a candle to X2 and the first two Spider-Man.
>>
27%
>>
Spiderman 2 is the best superhero movie ever made and likely ever to be made.
>>
File: shazam.png (569 KB, 1000x876) Image search: [Google]
shazam.png
569 KB, 1000x876
SHAZAM!
>>
he's old af lol. that's probably the last movie he sat through without falling asleep

raimi's spiderman movies were just a proof of concept for Marvel to take and really turn into something great
>>
>>70687872
He's right. Nothing Marvel Studios has made comes even close to the first two Spider-Man films.
>>
>>70688944
As a whole the Marvel movies aren't really designed like movies but more like tv episodes. Individually the movies are entertaining but they aren't really memorable, but taken collectively it is (for the most part) a really great story
>>
>>70689114
>Marvel movies aren't really designed like movies but more like tv episodes
This is true, and it's quite disgusting.
>>
>>70689644

>disgusting

They're like $200 million Saturday morning cartoons.

Only think that would make them better is if the cinema allowed us to wear out pyjamas and had unlimited cereal dispensers built into the seats.
>>
Rami and Toby did a good job of portraying Peter Parker on the big screen. People bitch and moan he didn't quip enough but no one in 2002 would want to watch a movie with Spidey quiping every scene. What made Spidey and Captain America's characters so was that they started off as weak people who were overpowered and marginalized and they then got powers and instead of being selfish they felt it was their duty to use them to help others, especially people who weaker like they used to be. Both saw it as a morale duty. Unlike Captain, Peter Parker has to balance his duty as Spiderman with his "civilian" life and struggles with it
>>
Anybody else just have serious superhero movie fatigue?

I was watching the latest marvel one and they are all having another round of explosions and punching at an airport and I just felt burned out. Throwing more superheros on the pile just isn't doing it anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 400x387
>>70689876
>if the cinema allowed us to wear out pyjamas and had unlimited cereal dispensers built into the seats
>>
>>70689922
no, they just need to up the ante and kill someone
>>
>>70689922
I liked Civil War, it made up for Age of Ultron which was a let down
>>
>>70689980
>they just need to up the ante and kill someone
>BvS literally kills superman
>>
>>70690034
"kills"
>>
>>70689922
I'll keep watching them as long as they pump them out. I don't really give a shit. I don't think any of the recent superhero films are masterpieces or anything. Just fun entertainment. Good way to kill a few hours. Plus Chris Evans is so dreamy.
>>
I'm worried about the new Spidey. You could actually feel a connection to Toby's Spiderman. With today's superheros it feels like they only help people because they can or just so they have a reason to use their powers. Toby's Spiderman helped people because he wanted to, and I don't think Marvel is going to be able to project that in the new film, its just going to focus on him making quips, battling Vulture, and being in high school.

Rami's movies had messages, Marvel's just have themes.
>>
>>70687872
>>70688686
>>70689061
>Mary Jane being kidnapped in every movie
>Green Goblin who looks like a villain from Power Rangers with shitty one-liners
>Octopus who takes spider punches in the face and still goes on
>>
>>70689876
>They're like $200 million Saturday morning cartoons.
Nope, cartoons are better, cartoons are fun and don't feel like a waste of time.
>>
>>70690467
I'll give you the Mary Jane one.

The Green Goblin outfit was actually top of the line for it's time and not as bad as some of the more recent costumes.

Also Doc Oct received some enhance physical powers during his accident, if you were going to nitpick him then the arms fusing to his spine and then controlling him would of been a better choice
>>
>>70690467
Those movies are actual comic book movies, they don't try to pander to autists like you with muh logic and realism. That's what makes them good and fun, the first Superman is also a good example of this.
>>
>>70687872
He's not wrong. I like the MCU movies but the first two Raimi Spider-Man flicks are still king of capeshit.
>>
>>70687872

>Stan Lee
>the boss of Marvel

There are people who still think this?

>>70689922

Once they get into more meme space/cosmic things, people will be more impressed. Everything so far has been lame street and world level threats.
>>
>>70687872
Why does he do the camoes if he doesn't approve of the movies? Do they give him some pity bucks?
>>
>>70689980
captain america was supposed to "die" at the end of civil war but they didn't want to sell their sweet meal ticket down the river
>>
>>70690765
>>70690765
I'm pretty sure hes an executive producer on all movies that use a marvel property
>>
>>70688671
Goblin wasn't cringe until Harry took the mantle. Can't argue about Macy though.
>>
>>70687872
I agree with Stan. I liked Guardians Of The Galaxy and some of the X-Men Kino but other than that... Marvel movies kinda fall into limbo.
>>
Even though the fights are getting longer, and more spectacular, and more crowded, there just doesn't feel like there is anything at stake. Almost everyone has the power of invincibility. They can take all the punches and kicks and explosions and energy beams and falls and pretty much only ever take some token damage. If I try to remember the fights from any of these movies it all just blends together in a blur of punches, rubble, flying at people, and honestly, when they were fighting at the airport in the last marvel movie I was hoping the scene would over soon so something might happen with the plot.
>>
>>70691222

It doesn't even feel like they are fighting. More like going through the motions
>>
He's not dismissing other marvel capeshit. All he said was that they were easier to greenlight and make since Spider-Man. They were more of a sure thing, and Spider-Man's success was thanks to that.

In his (very correct) view, he has Spider-Man to thank for all of the Marvel movie money he's made.
>>
>>70687872
Stan the Man has some impeccable taste. The first two Spiderman movies are still the best. It feels like there's something lacking to all these new summer blockbusters; cheap, soulless entertainment.
>>
Macaca universe defense force here. Raimi spider-man a shit.
>>
>>70691222
They only have infinity war left as a team, and as it's gonna be the last Avengers outing, you can bet the stakes should naturally be raised. At least that's what I hope.

Civil War was practically a parody of the group going through the motions, particularly the plane fight. Feige is likely fully aware that the franchise is growing stale at this point, and likely called it when he projected Infinity War Part 2's release year.

Disney is also prepared for this from its purchase of Lucasfilm, which not only gave them Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and other properties like Willow, but also set them up for the potential vidyashit age thanks to the many story-rich Lucasarts adventure games at their disposal.
>>
>>70689980

If Cap dosen't die in Infinity War Marvel will have hit a new low.
>>
>>70691222
This is the thing that gets me. I mean, every mutant has one or two mutations/superpowers, but virtually all of them seem to be particularly resistible to any physical damage, are amazing fighters and genius technicians. They can't just go with having the ability to look like anything and anyone you want, they have to add superhuman physical abilities and super-spy skills as well.
>>
>>70687872
Feige BTFO
>>
File: I expect nothing.jpg (63 KB, 561x401) Image search: [Google]
I expect nothing.jpg
63 KB, 561x401
>>70687872
>Stan Lee has shit taste
>>
>>70691912
Raimi's movies are far more interesting and entertaining to watch.
>>
>>70691999
>Raimi's movies are far more interesting and entertaining to watch.
Keep telling yourself that and maybe one day it will become true
>>
>>70692095
Go to bed, right now!
>>
>>70689889
Tobey has like 0 charisma though and just looks like a man child in the movies.
>>
>>70692095

yeah raimi sure is a hack glad they use interchangeable studio shills for them now instead
>>
File: 484840342323.jpg (194 KB, 1201x799) Image search: [Google]
484840342323.jpg
194 KB, 1201x799
Remember. Green Goblin is better than any MCU villain to date. Willem Dafoe gave a stellar performance.
>>
>>70693694
That's because they got an actual actor for the role.
>>
>>70693694

It wouldve been better if they actually wouldve made him look like the green goblin
>>
>>70689922
Yes. Age of Ultron made me not watch any the superhero movies that came after.

I have to re-watch spiderman and unbreakable this weekend though.
>>
File: 3983248932.jpg (234 KB, 900x1312) Image search: [Google]
3983248932.jpg
234 KB, 900x1312
>>70693787
I think what we got might have been better than what pic related would have looked in live-action
>>
>>70693694
I liked the suit, I just despise the helmet.
>>
>>70690467
>Green Goblin who looks like a villain from Power Rangers with shitty one-liners
Why do you want a corporate man to design a suit with a goblin mask and purses?
>>
File: 1465175014244.jpg (594 KB, 1650x2272) Image search: [Google]
1465175014244.jpg
594 KB, 1650x2272
>>70687872
They were close to rival these movies until Disney came.
>>
>>70690682
>Top of the line for its time
Not even.
They were looking at animatronic masks that would've done wonders if they stuck with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXAGC_B2Ys
>>
>>70693694
Is Dafoe a comic geek or anything? I mean the guy's a real deal actor...and he signs up for this light campy role and fucking CARRIES THE WHOLE FILM.
>>
>>70693925

Disagree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg
>>
>>70694378
I genuinely love and adore Captain America: The First Avenger. I was dragged by friends to see it, expected another fucking sack of shit, but I loved it. My friends, who are normie marvel lovers or whatever, hated it.
>>
>>70694728
You forgot that he despised the reboot.
>>
>>70694754
Fuck, this thing is so cool.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.