[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of course everything was inspired by something else before i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 684738444242.png (777 KB, 1059x601) Image search: [Google]
684738444242.png
777 KB, 1059x601
Of course everything was inspired by something else before it. But at what point does something become stealing and not inspiration or homage? Is it fine to borrow exact framing and shot setups to use in a film of a different genre or with a significantly different plot? Should it be obvious or subtle. And does it make a difference if the source is obscure or not? Does Quentin Tarantino or Abrams take things too far? Is George Lucas a good example in giving credit to his sources?

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpS1kAcphnA
>>
>>70686028
George Lucas gives credit to Lord of the Rings???
>>
>>70686028
>giving credit to his sources
He just made frame by frame rip offs of classic movies.
How is this different the Tarentino?
>>
i think star wars overrates af. not troll.
>>
>>70686202
>Lord of the Rings

That's not how you write Flash Gordon and Star Trek.
>>
>>70686028
http://everythingisaremix.info/watch-the-series/

Watch this, you'll get your answer.
>>
>>70686028
>doesn't realize Aronovsky owns the rights to Perfect Blue
Google is your friend
>>
>>70687376
/this/
/thread/

great documentary, OP watch this.
>>
>>70687450
I knew that already. He bought it to recreate the bathtub scene. Doesn't change my point.
>>
>>70686028
source of picture?
>>
File: noway!.png (371 KB, 649x400) Image search: [Google]
noway!.png
371 KB, 649x400
>>70686028
>>
>>70687494
Left is Perfect Blue by Satoshi Kon.
Right is Requiem for a Dream by Darren Aronofsky.

But did Aronofsky did buy the rights to Perfect Blue.
>>
>>70687606
cheers buddy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.