[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Given that /tv/ has successfully reexamined the critique of BvS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: suckerpuinach.jpg (56 KB, 570x406) Image search: [Google]
suckerpuinach.jpg
56 KB, 570x406
Given that /tv/ has successfully reexamined the critique of BvS and brought the movie the acclaim and recognition it deserves,

is it time we take another look at Sucker Punch?
>>
>>70684779
>/tv/ has successfully reexamined the critique of BvS and brought the movie the acclaim and recognition it deserves,
When did it happen? Should I watch BnS?
>>
>>70684779
>brought the movie the acclaim and recognition it deserves
>acclaim
>BvS
>>
>>70684779
It's about rape. Every time she is in another place fighting monster and what not. She really getting banged by guys.
>>
It's a legitimate Pleb filter

Kino cleverly disguised as a action flick
>>
>>70684779
Sucker Punch director's cut is a good movie, unlike the theater cut, same with BvS.

It is known.

This is the example given for why BvS is actually a good movie underneath.

It's the PG-13 Edits that make the movies terrible.

So yeah, go ahead tell me about Sucker Punch that I didn't know. Like the rape scenes that were not in theaters.

BvS ultimate edition will have a rape scene in it, I guarantee.

/tv/ didn't reexamine BvS they just made up stories about symbology that have nothing to do with the intended plot, and I have seen done with on /x/ a billion times about teletubbies and jetsons.
>>
>>70684779

I never got the Sucker Punch is bad meme. You never go to a Zack Attack for anything deeper than cool visuals and while the CGI wasn't always great I thought it had cool aesthetics for the most part.
>>
>>70684901
you mean R movie disguised as PG-13 flick

*flic
>>
>>70684921
>nothing but cool visuals

That is a bad movie. Or average. It's an average movie.
>>
>>70684977
When you look at how many movies are out there, "Bad" is a lot broader term then just missing a step in the process.

Fucking youtube alone.
>>
>>70684921
It's because the theater version is missing some key elements.
>>
BvS is literally "babbys first literary analysis", prompted by capeshitters who grasped at straws because they couldn't face the reality that their most anticipated superhero flick is another dumb blockbuster
>>
>>70685169
It's like that illuminate or alien theories, where they just make leaps with little to no evidence supporting it.
>>
>>70684893
>rape is so horrible that it can break your mind and cause you to reject reality
this meme again
>>
>>70684779
I want to suck and fuck her asshole.
>>
>>70684893
Simply amazing stuff
>>
>>70685223
It's called a Catatonic state. It's triggered in Autistic patients.
>>
File: 1442191811906.jpg (58 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1442191811906.jpg
58 KB, 1024x768
>>70684779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPsL6dECQ38
>>
>>70685268
cease this memery at once. schizophrenia is genetic
>>
>>70684893
Which might be impressive if there was a modicum of subtlety to any of it. Instead you got anime tier action scenes
>>
>>70685319
In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 5th edition catatonia is not recognized as a separate disorder, but is associated with psychiatric conditions such as schizophrenia (catatonic type), bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and other mental disorders, narcolepsy, as well as drug abuse or overdose (or both).
>>
I was in awe when I first saw Sucker Punch in theatres. What Zach Snyder did on screen was nothing less than birth a new genre. His willingness to experiment and toy with his audience was daring and provocative. To date, it is the only feminist movie that can be enjoyed by both men and women. By the time the credits had scrolled I looked around and there was only one other face in the theatre. One other person who understood what they had seen just as I had understood it. That was Diana Rothman, she was there because movies were two dollars off every tuesday afternoon. We're still close friends via email.
>>
>>70685319
While catatonia is only identified as a symptom of schizophrenia in present psychiatric classifications, it is increasingly recognized as a syndrome with many faces. It appears as the Kahlbaum syndrome (motionless catatonia), malignant catatonia (neuroleptic malignant syndrome, toxic serotonin syndrome), and excited forms (delirious mania, catatonic excitement, oneirophrenia).[7] It has also been recognized as grafted on to autism spectrum disorders.
>>
>>70685370
>>70685403
thanks doc
>>
>>70684908
The directors cut is actually worse. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1464968354086.jpg (448 KB, 2000x1134) Image search: [Google]
1464968354086.jpg
448 KB, 2000x1134
>>70684820
It didn't

its subhuman plebeians from twitter parroting their cinema superiors and adding bvs instead of the film
>>
>>70684779
It's kino.
This isn't debatable.
Only proof needed is the movie itself -extended cut, of course.
>>
watched BVS one night when I had nothing else to watch.

ben affleck- meh

suuperman-yawn

lex luthur- ehh

5 hour long punchy/explosion battle ending - zzzz

wonder woman - okay guess shes here

energy monster thing- eye roll

It's so fucking boring, unmemorable and procedural.
>>
>>70685459
It explains some shit. This is the example for what the fuck happened to BvS. I dunno if it's worse. It's just darker. It's not like it was a light hearted romp through whore house/mental ward of an abused pre-teen.
>>
>>70685595
and then the flash and aquaman out of nowhere, like a smartphone game advertisement.
>>
>>70685459
No it isn't.
>>
>>70685595
read your post one afternoon

analysis - limited

critique - non-existant

taste - bad

attention span - minimal

ignorance of cinema - **eye roll**

It's so incredibly banal it's almost heartbreaking.
>>
File: 1411754423305.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1411754423305.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>70684779
>>
i recently watched directors cut version, it was really well done, and it certainly doesn't deserve the hate it receives
>>
>>70684779

I'm one of Snyders greatest shill since Watchmen and Sucker Punch was garbage.
>>
You could say this movie delievered one hell of a sucker punch.
>>
>>70685932
which versions?
>>
>>70685824

Apparently my format was so bad you chose to copy it.... but here you go you fuck.

The plot dragged. The acting was uninspired and flat. The ending was ridiculously drawn out. The main villain was mark zuckerbergy. shoehorned in extra superheros. Weird attempt at a darker theme in a movie with the flash and aquaman in it. It's like they threw shit at a wall and hoped something would stick.
>>
>>70685777
Yes, it is.

Explain to me how it's in any way better? Adding a terrible song and dance number that was rightly relegated to the credits? Making the hamfisted, childish 'hidden' plot so overt that the excursions to wanky fantasy land become even more pointless?

Please help me out here
>>
Is Extended Cut the"Directors cut"? I realize they mean different things, but I can only find the extended cut.
>>
>>70687768
Yes.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.