[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about fantastically odd films, /tv/. The sort
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 91Hfyhr4TML._SL1500_.jpg (389 KB, 1063x1500) Image search: [Google]
91Hfyhr4TML._SL1500_.jpg
389 KB, 1063x1500
Let's talk about fantastically odd films, /tv/. The sort that fall under the radar, but are most certainly worth watching.

First installment, a swedish film from 2010 called Sound of Noise.

>A tone-deaf cop works to track down a group of guerilla percussionists whose anarchic public performances are terrorizing the city.

This movie is exactly how it sounds - perfectly fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: kontroll-201.png (1 MB, 1902x1066) Image search: [Google]
kontroll-201.png
1 MB, 1902x1066
Looks like foreign films are what the doctor ordered.

Next up, a hungarian film from 2003 called Kontroll.

>Strange happenings in the Budapest underground. Rivaling teams of ticket inspectors, murders, ketchup face, and maybe even love.

Very dark and dreamy, this one. Has a culty alice-in-wonderland sort of feel to it. Great atmosphere and soundtrack, and also a cute girl wearing a bear suit. All the components of a good film.
>>
>>70681350

would pat head and kiss cheek out of ten.
>>
File: IVgIY7E.jpg (342 KB, 778x1194) Image search: [Google]
IVgIY7E.jpg
342 KB, 778x1194
An older one this time, the 1980 film Ninth Configuration. Based off a

>An army psych facility for AWOL soldiers set inside an 18th century castle, ridiculousness ensues. Shakespeare for dogs, walking through walls, and read it damnit or I'll go crazy, I swear it.

Fantastically dry with plenty of prop humor, but at the same time the atmosphere is more serious than a typical comedy would be. Some absolutely fucking hilarious banter; the dialogue is great, but the acting really drives it home. Very comfy.
>>
>>70681825

Whoops, based off a novel by the same author as The Excorcist.
>>
Come come, you radioactive sacks of donkey urine. There must be someone else out there who likes odd movies.
>>
>>70682256

The Holy Mountain

:^)
>>
>>70681076
wolf knife
https://vimeo.com/37619327
>>
A Town Called Panic is great
>>
File: denoorde_0[1].jpg (199 KB, 919x1312) Image search: [Google]
denoorde_0[1].jpg
199 KB, 919x1312
>>70681350

>Looks like foreign films are what the doctor ordered.

Well, nothing says ART like satirical deconstructions of bourgeois society. There's this charming piece of nonsense - a 1992 Dutch film about an abandoned housing project in the middle of nowhere, the people who live there, and the various horrible ways they go about expressing their hidden desires.
>>
>>70681076

Sorry OP, gonna watch all these, but can't recommend many that seem to be your taste. I loved Stalker by Tartovsky and Persona by Bergman, both very strange but very, very different.
>>
borgman, good dutch film super surreal and postmodern lol
>>
Save the Green Planet (2003)

>South Korean. A couple kidnaps a shady high-level executive because they believe he is an alien.

It's sort of comedy, sort of scifi. Very good. Shitty credits sequence
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.