[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /tv/ hate this so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Why does /tv/ hate this so much?
>>
does it? Its full of cute underage girls so /tv/ should love it

that short-haired tomboy was total waifu material.
>>
>>70678137
I thought it was a solid spooky film.
>>
>>70678137
It's not particularly disliked, especially for modern horror.
>>
>>70678137
I remember it having a mixed-to-ok reception on /tv/ when it came out two years ago. But it doesn't do anything for the genre its basically just another insideous movie vaguely "based on true events we made up" tacked on.
>>
>>70678137
one of the funniest horrors ive seen
better than scary movie
>>
>>70678137
I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. It seems like just another generic horror that isn't scary, but the idea that it gets looked at with some praise raises an eyebrow when it didn't do anything above the average.

That being said, I like the continuity between Insidious and The Conjuring and Annabelle with Patrick Wilson. He's a cool actor. I liked him in Fargo too and I'm glad he's getting work in these areas.
>>
>>70678561
Insidious went completely off the rails though, especially by the sequels.

This stays true to being a straightforward but effective ghost story, with the second movie apparently following suit.

It's no Witch but then I never really found Witch all that scary. It's just more novel and stylistically distinct.
>>
>>70678137
Good storytelling. I really had a fun time seeing it in a full theater. Especially those opening credits.
>>
>>70678709
Apparently he's really easy to work with, to the point where he's James Wan's go-to the way Dicaprio was for Scorsese.
>>
For a mainstream, blockbuster horror movie it is done remarkably well. It's nothing insanely great but it's a refreshing, tastefully done and competently made horror movie. Cliche, yeah, but it's still a good movie.
>>
>>70678746
>Insidious went completely off the rails though, especially by the sequels.
Sure but its still a spook movie with a family and paranormal investigators with the james wan asthetic. They are more alike than not is all i meant. Even the infanticidal granny witch from hell as the antagonist.
>>
You cucks all go on about James Wan, but where's the love for Leigh Whannell, Get on my level
>>
>>70678137

How can /tv/ hate a movie with five cunnies?
>>
>>70679047
Don't underestimate the power of the dark side. /tv/ can hate anything anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 600x300
Nancy is the hottest character in the movie. prove me wrong.

Pro tip: you can't
>>
File: Mackenzieatfansiteinterview2.jpg (222 KB, 732x768) Image search: [Google]
Mackenzieatfansiteinterview2.jpg
222 KB, 732x768
>>70680616
Little Mackenzie Foy was the loveliest girl in the film, shame the didn't feature her more in it
>>
>>70680616
Good taste mate.

Seeing #2 next week and looking forward to it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.