[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching this Did we like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: The_Signs_movie.jpg (68 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
The_Signs_movie.jpg
68 KB, 300x445
Just finished watching this

Did we like it?
>>
Lol no
>>
yes, it was excellent. only reddit hates this movie. also the aliens were demons
>>
Awesome to fall asleep to. It's almost as good as watching The Joy of Painting with afroman.
>>
>>70674993
>le if you dislike this widely considered garbage movie you're reddit meme
I want newfags to lurk and tryhards to leave.
>>
>>70674968
>Did we like it?

This used to be a funny meme but it's pretty much true these days
>>
>>70675022
Signs is widely considered garbage?
>>
>reddit opinion
le water is a plothole, I have no imagination, I am severely autistic
>>
>>70675047
It was never a joke. This is how a percentage of people on 4chan operate.
>>
>>70675063
It was the beginning of the end for Shyamalama ding dong's career for sure.
>>
It's decent. Shyamalan's 4th best film. The Visit is #3.
>>
>>70674968
I thought it was good
>>
It was a great film. For some reason retards try to look really hard into the unknown politics of a space race we know nothing about, when the film is about a man's personal journey to salvation after his faith is challenged.

His second last good film.
>>
>>70675063
it's mel gibsons worst flick at least
>>
>>70675094
>his best movie
>made 2x as much as unbreakable
>the end of his career
>>
>>70674993
Are demons allergic to water
>>
>>70675022

>widely considered garbage

well received by critics, well received by audiences, financial success. You simply don't know what you're talking about.

>>70675094

That would be The Village, keep it up and let everyone know what a crossposting shithead you are. What's your native board anyway? /v/?
>>
File: 1461780113465.png (166 KB, 618x600) Image search: [Google]
1461780113465.png
166 KB, 618x600
Was the whole twist the alien was the sheriff, my room-mate thinks it was and I can't be fuck re watching to find out
>>
IT'S BEHIND
>>
>>70675232
>Signs
>best anything
Go ahead and try to pull the kino meme or other bullshit, the movie is lazily written crap.
>>
>>70675189

This.

Retards and plebs get so hung up on the OMG THE ALIENS WEAKNESS IS WATER THAT'S SO DUMB aspect that they completely miss the point that the aliens (or demons if you're one of those faggots) are more of a backdrop for the human story that the film is actually about anyway. You could replace them with any kind of global crisis or natural disaster and the movie would still be effective.
>>
File: finnish kid.jpg (10 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
finnish kid.jpg
10 KB, 180x180
>religious themes? pftt enjoy your fairytales
>aliens don't act in a way I imagine them to? what a plothole!
>if aliens came to earth they would wipe out our miserable species in a second, heh nothing personnel kiddo
>my father never loved me, I can't relate to this at all
>>
>>70675298
But it's not?
>seeing behind the scenes footage
>Shyamalan says "well one of the hardest takes was when Mel had to eat while crying, as an actor that's really hard to do
I knew he was a hack right then and there.
>>
>>70675232
Everything he made afterward ranges from bad to complete garbage though
>>
>>70675366

Then it would be a more accurate statement to say that his next movie, The Village, was the beginning of the end, since Signs was both arguably good and his second highest grossing movie at the time of it's release.

I really liked it though.
>>
>>70674968
>IDS HABBENING
>>
One of my favorite movies of all time.

No shame in saying that.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.