[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was really the best of all time. 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: davy_jones_crew_dmc.jpg (981 KB, 1200x673) Image search: [Google]
davy_jones_crew_dmc.jpg
981 KB, 1200x673
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was really the best of all time. 3 was overplayed, 1 was fucking original.

But 2 was some of THE best CGI that's ever been done.
>>
>>70667478
2006 and the CGI is better than current year films
>>
>>70667478
I still love that visual gag with the coral henchman doing googly eyeswith anemones.
>>
>>70668772
only on davy jones though.

the rest of the cast looks like garbage.
>>
1 is good
2 - infinity is shit

Fight me.
>>
>>70669579
>sequels are garbage memester
No, just fuck off. :^)
>>
>>70667478
How the fuck did they pull this off in 2006
>>
>>70667478
I agree with you anon. Loved the hell out of 2 especially that whole island segment.
>>
File: images (19).jpg (24 KB, 438x336) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
24 KB, 438x336
>>70668772
>>
>>70667478
2 was fantastic. I just don't see why they fucked up 3 like they did, it's baffling. Pirate lords? Pirate fucking lords? Pirate king? The marriage-during-battle scene, the whole of the Calypso bit, jesus.
>>
>>70667478
1. is original but vastly vastly overrated
2. Has a lot of things about it that are fucking stupid but has a lot of shit thats great, id say its actually underrated.
3. Absolute dogshit, one of the worst third installments in franchise movie history.
4. Not really sure what they were going for. It wasnt a disaster like 3 but it still was not good.
>>
>>70669710
they spent most of the budget on one character.
>>
I'm really excited for the new one
>>
I'd kill myself if I was a coral nigga
>>
Daily reminder Zac Effron was going to be Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean 4
>>
It helped that Bill Nighy was fucking based. 70% of the time he just plays himself in movies, but then he pulls a fucking Davy Jones out of his ass and it's great.
>>
>>70669850
>vastly overrated
It was flawless, the only complaint that you could have about it I'd that you don't like the subject matter or something
>>
It's been going downhill since the first one.
5 will be the worst.
>>
If they'd stopped at three it could have been a nice classic little series, but the 4th one just feels so out of place and disconnected from the first three. It really fucks it up.
>>
>>70669544
Nah, only that prawn guy on the right looks iffy. The rest are fine.
>>
>>70667478
Piratekino
>>
>>70669843
I think they started filming 3 immediately after 2, before the script was even completed. 4 was kind of a return to form, not as good as 1 though. Optimistic about 5
>>
>>70670677
Source me right now
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.