[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder this is the greatest sci-fi telekino of all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: B5_Title.jpg (294 KB, 1033x505) Image search: [Google]
B5_Title.jpg
294 KB, 1033x505
Friendly reminder this is the greatest sci-fi telekino of all time. Lightyears better than DS9.
>>
its was dumb
why would a doctor bet on a patients well being.
>>
>Lightyears better than DS9.
Oh look, another Green Versus Purple thread.

You'll never convince anyone new to join the fandom if you keep placing us firmly in DS9's shadow.

They're both great, they're both different, and it's okay to enjoy both.

>kino
Never mind, I see that you're only interested in shitposting anyway.
>>
I started rewatching it after talking about it in that Stargate thread the other day. Memes aside, it really is some of the greatest writing in television history.

G'kar and Londo alone elevate the series to a level of genuineness that no other sci-fi series has ever found. Andreas Katsulias was so fucking good.

I also stumbled upon this the other day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w2pK_uBpXQ

The first hour is hysterical if you haven't seen it. Jerry Doyle is so fucking brutal.
>>
>>70666761
Is that the video where JMS and the cast pretty much just take over the panel (or whatever its called)? I fucking loved that whole discussion.
>Because he was black?
kek
>>
/tv/ is too young/pleb to appreciate B5
>>
>>70666829

Yep. It gets a little sappy near the end when they start remembering cast members who died, and giving out the lifetime achievement award, but the first half is fantastic.
>>
DS9 is just a B5 rip-off, also severely inferior.
>>
File: 1417364276579.webm (2 MB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
1417364276579.webm
2 MB, 700x300
>>
>>70667185
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZapAjjTDbh4
>>
File: B5 Earth forces battle.webm (1 MB, 850x476) Image search: [Google]
B5 Earth forces battle.webm
1 MB, 850x476
>>70667224
>>
>>70667185
>>70667240
pure kino
>>
>>70667224

Bahaha, what the fuck is this shit?

I never watched any of the full length movies, now I feel like I'm missing out. What's the context? It's so inconsistent with everything about the series.
>>
>>70667332
They're all worth watching except that one.
>>
>>70667415

I dunno anon, that one looks like it's the one most worth watching.
>>
>one of the ugliest sci-fis ever with a horrible score to boot and mostly shitty acting
>all it really has going for it is a half decent serialized story and 2 good actors
>kino
>>
File: z2441.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
z2441.webm
1 MB, 640x480
LIKE A PUPPET
>>
>>70666389
Shut the fuck up. Babylon 5 is clearly better than DS9, and DS9 is a rote copy. DS9 is a ripoff, plain and simple.
>>
>>70667657
Space Tony Soprano.
>>
>>70667657

Londo best character, his arc is the best one by far, literally alien Faust
>>
>>70669935
He has nothing to do with Faust except for making a deal with the devil.
>>
File: Technomage.jpg (473 KB, 525x5000) Image search: [Google]
Technomage.jpg
473 KB, 525x5000
>>70669935
He and G'Kar really made the show.
>>
What was telepaths leader called again? the secret police dude, who played Chekov in Star Trek TOS? I really the episodes revolving around him and the telepath arc. They left it to late in the series though. The whole series felt kinda mixed up really. They should have ended with the shadow war.
>>
>>70666193
I'm pretty sure DS9 wanted to be something more like B5 but obviously still had to work within the confines of Star Trek. DS9 is already that odd series.
>>
this topic inspired me to download the gathering movie and start watching, can't wait
>>
>>70670353
Chekov
>>
>>70666193
fuck no it's not better than DS9, and neither are the best sci-fi series. Farscape is
>>
>>70667657
you fuck up that room Charlie
>>
>>70667332
That was a shitty attempt at a spinoff series. Some of the movies were pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeNBJ5o-b7s
>>
File: b5.webm (3 MB, 700x412) Image search: [Google]
b5.webm
3 MB, 700x412
>>
File: Huh.jpg (85 KB, 815x543) Image search: [Google]
Huh.jpg
85 KB, 815x543
I used to love Excalibur.
mfw i watch it now, leagues under B5.

Xander (in buffy) became my favorite character just because he had B5 novelty plates.
>>
>>70670353
Bester.
>>
>mm208
I understand, but YouTube links are external even with embeds.
>>
>>70670531
Farscape was the best episodic sci-fi series, I'll give you that. It had no arc to speak of, but some of those stand alone episodes were great.

A
>>
>>70670571
Thank you.
>>
File: B5-sluts.jpg (77 KB, 384x553) Image search: [Google]
B5-sluts.jpg
77 KB, 384x553
>>70670571
That's the one. He was great. Also these two sluts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_zwwQR_z_M

This show had so much potential. Some really good acting for a sci-fi show and you could never tell who the "bad guys" were.

It's too bad it went to shit after the 1st season though.
>>
>>70668098
Coming first is not the same as being best. maybe if you ever fucked a guy you'd know that
>>
>>70670653
Farscape may not have had grandiose story arcs like B5, but its character arcs spanned the entire series. Literally every character grows/develops episode to episode, in a way that's both brilliant and believable

Also the there is a recurring story arc of the Peacekeepers and Scarrans chasing after the main characters, which culminates in the miniseries

It's the GOAT sci-fi show, end of story
>>
>>70670728
I already posted Thank you. There was no need for you to post that. Especially since you used the s-word and added a salacious image.
>>
>>70670795
You're a special person aren't you.
>>
>>70670896
Thank you
>>
It was incredibly cheap with Commodore 64 style CGI.

500,000 an episode? You don't make a sci fi show for any less than a million at minimum.
>>
>>70671680
I found its rustic aspects very indearing.
>>
>>70671680

And yet in spite of it's hilarious CGI and makeup, ridiculous music and sound effects, and occaisiounally absurd acting, the writing and characters still shine through like a godly fucking beacon.

Those things matter a lot to some people, and I can understand if it breaks the show for you - but you really are missing out.
>>
watching this intro movie uggh trying so hard to like it
>>
>>70671680
>Commodore 64 style CGI
Close, partner. You meant Amiga.
>>
fucking hate this main captain character so far uggh such smug and cringey acting
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz1VNbQYiTw
>>
>>70671926

If you're talking about the first captain, he's gone after the first season.

Don't let the first season be a mark of what is to come - it has it's moments, but it's much slower and cheesier than the rest of the series.
>>
>>70667240
>flying straight from the direction where the weapons are aimed at
For fucks sake, why does science fiction keep doing it. Its a huge ship, clearly not as agile as the fighters. Why do they just no attack from ANY other direction?
>>
I love the series, but it is starting to show its age.

Not so much in the CG, you can forgive CG... but the overoptimistic earnest 90's tastic writing is a bit naff.

Some of Sheradon's fatherly monologues are teeth-achingly twee.

Thankfully Londo, Ja-Kar and Vir solve all ills
>>
>>70671863
"it's" means "it is".
>>
>>70672007
They show it plenty in the same scene. Also if an enemy ship is high-tailing it away and you want to chase your point of attack is pretty limited.
>>
>>70670482
Be warned, its a fucking slog because of typical retarded upstairs people.
>>
>>70668098
god your retarded. theyre both on a space station. thats it.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.