[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did they mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 600x450
What did they mean by this?
>>
Indeed, what?
>>
It's a way to talk down to the 20 customers who still frequent your dying establishment. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>70665539
>not asking to wipe your hands before handling so crab juice doesn't get on the dvds
>>
>>70665539

Where in the hell is there still a movie rental store in the English speaking world?
>>
Criterion movies are overrated garbage
>>
>>70665539
We keep our pinky out when browsing cinema
>>
>>70667325
those are like classics and black n white and shit
>>
@@70667409
This is me not giving you a (You)
>>
>>70667409
Simply untrue. Ikiru is in the criterion collection and that movies underrated
>>
File: Punished Chan.jpg (33 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
Punished Chan.jpg
33 KB, 480x600
I imagine a greasy-shirted autist, with overflowing cargo shorts, lumbering around the Criterion section, and violently exploding into spasms, while yelling at people who're nit renting from the Criterion section.
>>
>>70665539
>WE DO EXPECT MORE SHEKELS OUT OF YOU
>>
>>70667325
Library probably
>>
What title can I post this to /r/movies with?
>>
>>70667325
In hipster cities like Seattle or Portland of course.
>>
>>70667521
post it to /r/dvdcollection
>>
File: 1377833604991.jpg (39 KB, 289x303) Image search: [Google]
1377833604991.jpg
39 KB, 289x303
>>70667488
How the fuck is anything by Akira Kurosawa underrated?
>>
>>70665539
Well, those movies will probably be watched by someone who likes to think of himself as a higher being than those around him so it's smart to play on that.
>>
>>70667611
Nobody ever mentions it is all I'm saying, and it's objectively better than seven samurai
>>
>>70667611
Your statement is pure nonsense. The fame of a director as prolific as Kurosawa doesn't in any way makes his films unable to underrating.
>>
>>70667325
All the ones I went to as a kid from big franchises are gone, but the other day I drove by one by same name I'd never seen before. I'd be curious to go in and see how they're trying to price shit but I don't want to give the poor bastard that works there any false hope.
>>
>>70667722
>>70667704
Any of Kurosawa's lesser films are still more well known than any masterpieces of less well known filmmakers. What are we even comparing Ikiru to? Other Kurosawa films? It's easily his most recognizable non-period movie. I've never met anyone who takes films seriously that hadn't seen Ikiru, so forgive me if it's a bit too far-fetched for me to believe that. Also,
>rating films objectively
Oh god, it's retarded.
>>
>>70665539

Dropped. I stopped going to my local record store because of a bunch of passive-aggressive signs like that in the scuff bins
>>
>>70667491
You were imagining yourself? That's pretty normal I guess.
>>
>>70667742
I do this during clearance sales. Put the $2.99 stickers on the $50 PS3/PS4 games and the kid just rings it out anyway because no fucks given.
>>
>>70665539
Is there anyone worse than a self-declared Criterion fan? You can literally smell the dick cheese across the internet. And picture the fedora. And imagine their absolutely horrid taste in movies.
>>
>>70668616
what are you talking about? Most DVD collectors love Criterion because great selection+high quality+bonus features, and you'd be retarded to think that your reddit memes apply to them
>>
>>70669388
>DVD collectors
thanks for proving my point
>>
>>70667409
You are overrated garbage and should never come back to /tv/.
>>
>>70667409
True
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.