[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you adapt this into a film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 225px-Silmarillion_1977.png (123 KB, 225x337) Image search: [Google]
225px-Silmarillion_1977.png
123 KB, 225x337
How would you adapt this into a film?
>>
>>70665102
12 part series directed by stephen colbert

all comedian cast

shown on adult swim in a roots style television event
>>
>>70665102

You let it fucking die. Keep it secret from the normies. Keep it safe.
>>
>>70665102
Take the one or two most interesting stories and build them into a plot driven 2hr action movie that only vaguely touches on the themes present in the book.
>>
>>70665102
I wouldn't. It's like the bible of middle earth. there's no main character really, just tales of boring ass gods doing boring shit.

only way is to make it like a documentary with some british guy narrating, and even that i'd rather eat a dick than watch.
>>
A 3 movie trilogy using 90% CGI
>>
>>70665102
Elves killing each other en masse, I guess. CGI Elves, of course.
>>
>>70665485
this.

Stephen Colbert is an expert
>>
Beren and Luthien would be a pretty easy choice if you could only pick one story. Just hit all the plot points that were laid out, fill in the bigass gaps with filler, and you're set for a trilogy.
>>
Use Orlando Bloom
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
You write a story about every hobbit in the genealogy section. Imagine a new Hobbit movie every 3 months.
>>
Turin Turambar: Man of Feels
>>
>>70665930
Give this man a billion dollars
>>
>>70665102
Animatrix.

Or what
>>70665485
Said
>>
>>70665485
>shown on adult swim
Why adult swim though
>>
>>70665102
Shoehorn a soap opera romance for the tween demographic.
>>
>>70665102
Just have Bryan Cranston sitting in a chair in front of a fire, reading the entire book out loud. Have him never look up or pause.
>>
>>70665596
>3 movie trilogy

As opposed to a 2 movie trilogy?

>>70665643
What about elves being raped by orcs?
>>
I wouldn't mind a Children of Hurin adaption by the guy who made Valhalla rising.
>>
>>70665102
You wouldn't, because you'll never get the rights.
>>
>it's a musical episode
>>
>>70668274
See You in Valhalla > Valhalla Rising
>>
Sort of like Fantasia. Animated sequences showing the history of the world, set to a soundtrack.
>>
>>70665102
Not possible. Maybe as a tv show.

I would probably pick up the story around the Dagor Bragollach and then tell the story roughly centered around the human characters, each season covering roughly a generation.

So basically:

Season 1: Hurin and Huor, Beren and Luthien, ending roughly in the Battle of the unnumbered tears.

Season 2: Basically Turin and Tuor. Possibly ending around the fall of Gondolin

Season 3: Earendil and the War of Wrath.

The focus on the human characters is helpful, because they also can serve as the fish out of water, so the most important background story (Melkor, Feanor, Valinor etc.) can be shown as Flashbacks, told by the Elven characters.
>>
>>70668924
Would be a fucking depressing show, it's basically defeat after defeat until finally the Valar step in.
>>
I'd go quite meta and have the stories told as legends by descendents of the rohirrim sitting round a campfire. As the narration went on there would be visual depictions of events, talked over by the narrator. There would be a huge range of styles used to accompany the voiceover, including puppetry, stop-motion, chiaroscuro, animation, and CGI.

I'm thinking along the lines of the end credits of kung fu panda, the "wan" section of Legend of Korra, Michael Jackson's "Leave me Alone" etc
>>
I'd use a similar format as the Storyteller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0RgNSOHJKA
>>
>>70668274
>Refn adapting Tolkien
Who would the Goose play
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.