[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you fucking kidding me? This shit is the most DUDE WEED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: room-237.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
room-237.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2250
Are you fucking kidding me?

This shit is the most DUDE WEED LMAO hot garbage I've ever see. Do people actually take it seriously?
>>
dude just smoke a blunt and watch it LOL
>>
>>70665016
Not only are most of the "theories" absolute bull crap, but the whole documentary is structured so poorly it isn't even amusing to watch. The RT score for this is absolutely ludicrous.
>>
>>70665097
yeah the first 20 minutes are interesting I guess, but then it gets ridiculous really fast. Like that minotaur stuff? What the fuck was that shit?
>>
>>70665016
I thought it was going to be a documentary about the film; not about a few weirdos with shitty theories about what the movie meant.
>>
>>70665251
The later half of "Kubrick's odyssey" talk more in depth about theories about the liberties kubrick took in the story away from the book. The guy that made it is actually one of the theories in this documentary. Hes the one that theorizes that the room represents kubrick filming the moon landing.
Whether you believe it or not i found his documentary pretty entertaining to think about.
>>
>>70665377
are you one of those guys that thinks kubirick's movies have a meaning beyond what is shown?
>>
I watched this purely because I heard two guys in a podcast I listen to talk about it, and they were going "dude, you have to see this. These people are fucking crazy."

Holy shit, I didn't think they were so right about that. I have a masters in literature and even *I* thought these people were up their own ass and were too much in love with their college papers on film interpretation.
>>
>>70665016
Kubrick films always attract the wackiest conspiracy theories.
>>
File: Room+237_4.jpg (258 KB, 770x432) Image search: [Google]
Room+237_4.jpg
258 KB, 770x432
>>
>>70665968
>muh project monarch CIA operation
>>
>>70665968
Holy shit is... is that a minotaur?!
>>
The only conspiracy theory in this movie that has traction beyond just the crazy people talking about it was about the faked moon landing, because that actually is a long-standing conspiracy among moon landing deniers.
>>
regardless of how silly this movie is, isn't it interesting to consider how absolutely OC fucking D kubrick was and NEVER had anything in frame that wasn't intended and approved by himself? He was notorious for being super meticulous to the point of absurdity. This fact gives some weight to some of the theories regarding "intentional" mistakes or anomalies and continuity errors. just a thought...
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nk0boxf2mm1sr42eh.jpg (118 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nk0boxf2mm1sr42eh.jpg
118 KB, 500x315
>>
>>70666111

I liked that he intentionally protected the child actor from getting fucked up by the horror elements of the film by isolating him from the really fucked up parts and telling him things like "you're playing hide and seek with your dad in the maze". Apparently the kid didn't know it was a horror movie until he saw it as a teenager.

>>70666120

This was the only conspiracy that at least I know what they're going for. This hotel's architecture makes no fucking sense, trying to map it causes geographic contradictions.
>>
>>70666226
>>This was the only conspiracy that at least I know what they're going for. This hotel's architecture makes no fucking sense, trying to map it causes geographic contradictions.
Yeah but what about the penis tho
>>
>>70666271

That was probably just a coincidence
>>
>>70666226
The inconsistencies in the Overlook's floor plan were due to it being a set, and not an actual full hotel. The set was split up into sections designed to use the limited space optimally, so there was no way the floor plan could make any real sense.
>>
>>70666111
>isn't it interesting to consider how absolutely OC fucking D kubrick was and NEVER had anything in frame that wasn't intended and approved by himself

Is there evidence of this? I mean I've done background work, and with all the things to focus on, it's almost impossible for the director to control every little thing that happens or fits in the frame for every shot. They need to move things along. Plus I imagine it's even more difficult back then, without the technology we have today, where you couldn't watch the shot immediately after filming it.
>>
>>70666501
What if man...
like..
What if...

What if the actors that were all pissed off with him being nuts and OCD, making them do 50 takes...

What if they moved shit around on purpose to fuck with him man...

*puffs weed pill*

Never underestimate a human to fuck shit up my man...
>>
>>70665154
Minotaur and baphomet and dionysus and bacchus shit is common
>>
>>70666501
he was his own cameraman, and everyone who worked with him said similar comments about his meticulousness
>>
>>70666111

If you're talking about the disappearing chair, they would have noticed that purely in the continuity portion of editing.

In reality Kubrick probably did it on purpose to reflect the character going crazy.
>>
>>70665810
Have you ever seen a Kubrick movie?
>>
>>70666635
Do you guys ever consider the fact that maybe he wasn't a perfect being that could make no mistake, no matter how strict he was?

Someone could have moved the chair between takes and he didnt notice.
>>
>>70666887

No I'm saying even if he didn't notice, the continuity department would've because it's their job to
>>
>>70666438
>Buzz Killington strikes again
>>
>>70666887
>OCD perfectionist weirdo
>doesn't notice an obvious missing chair

k
>>
>>70666914
>No I'm saying even if he didn't notice, the continuity department would've because it's their job to

Guess you don't look at many goof pages on imdb.
thousands of these errors to feast your eyes upon, let happen, by professional continuity fags
>>
>>70666939
>KUBRICK IS ALL KNOWING, ALL SEEING, A GOD

>He is so perfect he let his daughter get snatched up by scientology never to be seen by him again
>>
File: chris2.png (185 KB, 470x489) Image search: [Google]
chris2.png
185 KB, 470x489
Did anyone watch The Nightmare?

jesus fucking christ what a bunch of shit. It's basically a bunch of people talking about sleep paralysis and being like "i couldnt move and it was scary and shit man" without any sort of logical explanation or any professional commenting on it. So fucking dumb. I've had sleep paralysis and even hallucinated just like those people and yeah it's weird, but it's not some paranormal phenomenon. What a fucking shit movie.
>>
>>70666501
he's was an OCD as fuck dude in complete control in latter films, remember he'd been around since the 50's
>>
>>70667034
I've had sleep paralysis once.
I went to sleep under a bright light bulb.

It really did feel demonic.
A dark figure came over me (which was one of my family member obviously)
Doing something and I couldnt move but I saw the figure moving about.

Pretty scary. luckily that only happened once.
>>
>>70667098
yeah I've seen "demons" and shit too, its strange as hell at the time but definitely feels like a dream later
>>
>>70665016
idk it made sence to me
>>
>>70667135
it totally felt like a dream
>>
>>70667098
>he doesn't go to sleep under bright lights every night to communicate with the Txcachians
>>
>>70665016
>huuuurrrrrrr
>>
>>70666967
Guess you don't know much about SKub.
>>
>>70666989

The guy called him a perfectionist weirdo with OCD. Not an omnipotent being you dolt. Kubrick was obsessive, having a glaring continuity error is pretty fuckin unlikely in one of his movies.
>>
>>70670460
Yeah man, he's so perfect he allowed a shadow of a helicopter that was filming the movie into the final cut.

>it was supposed to not be shown in X FORMATE THATS WHY

nah son
>>
>>70665097
This. I think they tried to just present the theories without pointing and laughing but the problem was it just meant the film was aimless.

I think the film even misrepresented the people it was about. As if they were these insane fucks when some of them in the extra footage look like they fully understand how ridiculous their theories are.
>>
>>70666226
Funny he actually cared about the kid when he at the same time was sending Shelly Duvall crazy (possibly to get the desired performance) and I think in one of his early movies he pumped toxic fumes over the set to simulate smoke over a battlefield.
>>
>>70666870
So that's a yes then.
>>
can anyone recommend some similar docs about films or ones you guys think are better?
>>
>>70671450

Kubrick is wierd. He's abuse adults to no end but believed children were precious and must be kept safe from harm.
>>
>>70671623

The one about the fucked up production of Apocalypse Now?
>>
>>70671623
Stanley Kubrick's boxes, which is the greatest Jon Ronson documentary, which is saying a lot seeing as he's the guy whom Louis Theroux and John Safran made careers out of doing imitations of him.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.