[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started watching and found the first couple episodes a bit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 630x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 630x300
Just started watching and found the first couple episodes a bit dull. Should I stick with it?
>>
>>70664927
Yeah, i'd at least recommend sticking with it through the first season. The characters and everything really started to grow on me after a little bit.
>>
>>70664927
No quit now you don't deserve it.
>>
>>70664927
You may enjoy the Walking Dead more it has more action, you should stop watching Mad Men if you found it dull.
>>
>>70664927
The first couple episodes are the exact same as the rest of the series. To me thats a good thing....but dont expect much excitement.

Doesnt affect anything story-wise but eventually some of the characters are worth so much fucking money it starts to bother me. If I was worth $30 million I wouldnt worry about a lot.
>>
You're already too pleb for it.
>>
first season is pretty slow to get rolling. if you aren't pretty into it by the middle of the season I'd say drop it then
>>
>>70664927
Let me put it this way...
Did you enjoy the drink your ovaltine bit in a Christmas Story?

Because that's what this entire series leads up to.
>>
>>70664927
Mad Men is ridiculously overrated. It has nice cinematography and atmosphere but that's about it. From the first episode it's degenerates making one mistake after the other fucking up their lives.
>>
File: ngb.jpg (33 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ngb.jpg
33 KB, 1280x720
Ignore the shitheads OP, it took me two years to get through seasons 1 and 2, and two months for 3-6
>>
>>70666231
You're ridiculously overrated
>>70664927
I lost a lot of time judging the series on its first episodes. To be honest with you, seasons 5 and 6, and to a lesser extent 7, are high tier kinorama.
>>
File: donsuzanne.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
donsuzanne.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
The first season starts off slow and stereotypical but but then it turns amazing and never stops being unbelievable after that. Easily the 4th best show of all time behind Sopranos, The Wire and Deadwood imo. Maybe the most rewatchable show ever, I've seen every episode at least 3 times, even last season

I wont guarantee you'll love it but if you don't then I doubt you have very good taste at all in the first place.
>>
>>70667073
Is that the girl who fingered herself during the fappining
>>
1st season is slow? I just finished the last episode of s1 about 30 seconds ago and every episode was fucking great
Holy shit I can't believe it gets better from here, tybg
>>
>>70666231
That's the point you shithead
>>
>>70668646
I think the pilot and the first two or three episodes have a different, less "Mad Men"-esque pace. You'll see what I mean when you finish a few seasons, they're just different.
>>
>>70664927
Mad Men is not action-oriented but character-oriented. If you find that kind of stuff boring then perhaps you should stick to Game of Thrones where you can see and hear a bad actress deliver speeches at the end of every episode before she mounts a dragon or burns some brown people.
>>
dropped the show in season 3, every character is so unlikable.
>>
The only character i disliked was Betty and by the last season i finally got her.
She has a good potential but nobody want to see pass her beauty
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.