[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw when I found out sparta was real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: 300.jpg (5 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
5 KB, 256x192
>mfw when I found out sparta was real
>>
>>70663918
Have you discovered that they were all bearded, hairy, armored buttfucking retards?
That's the fun part.

300 is effectively an accurate portrayal, if you reverse literally everything about it.
>>
>>70663975

sounds like a little slice of heaven to me
>>
>>70663975
you know the story is akin to a spartan story, and is told that way from the start. Many cultured did stories about Sparta, which is actually more popular then the historical actions.
>>
>>70663975
>>70663918
Do you know that they actually allied several times with persians to fuck their own neighbours?
>>
File: spartan wedding copy.jpg (109 KB, 568x520) Image search: [Google]
spartan wedding copy.jpg
109 KB, 568x520
mfw my grandad was from there
>>
File: tc.gif (809 KB, 450x281) Image search: [Google]
tc.gif
809 KB, 450x281
>>70663918

>mfw when I found out Battlefield Earth was real
>>
>>70664048
Why did no one say anything about that unibrow?
>>
>>70664087
ya, i feel like this is the first i've heard about it too.
>>
>>70663975
Nah, Spartans really were among the best soldiers of the ancient world. They were a fascination then just as they are now. I mean, the Spartan Hegemony? Wealthy Greeks desperately wanted to send their sons to be trained and raised in Sparta due to the excellent military training and instruction they received. Spartan military advisors were highly sought after in Persia as well. Their women also had more rights and independence than any other in Greece.

Also, they were seemingly the only city state in Greece to reject institutional pedophilia which they regarded as an "abomination", according to Xenophon (who woul know since he sent his son there to train). So yeah, that's pretty awesome.

The movie was horrendously bad but you sound like a dumb redditor contarian whose upset about something popular and jealous the attention it receives instead of you.
>>
File: brit.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
brit.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>mfw I found out the restaurant was real
>>
>>70664770
>mfw I found out restaurants as a concept were real
>>
>>70664510
They were also hilariously bad at anything that didnt involve throwing soldiers at the enemy.

Yet they demanded leadership roles among the greek navy, despite being enormous piles of shit at naval warfare.
>>
File: 1465061196729.gif (4 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1465061196729.gif
4 MB, 280x210
>>70664823
No shit, Sparta isn't a coastal city like the fucking Athenians. They were surronded by 4 other cities who occupied the nearest coast. Why exactly should they be good at naval warfare?

That's Sparta's thing though - amazing soldiery. Not a lot of time to write plays or reflective philosophy when you're training since you can walk to be the best soldiers in the world. Also, they didn't need to. Athenian cucks were more than happy to write affectionately with much adulation about them, their constitution and were generally obessed with the city: Plato, Xenophon, Aristotle, Socrates
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.