[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Hunger Games, and Maze Runner, and Divergent... They all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: the-hunger-games-posters.jpg (1 MB, 4000x1481) Image search: [Google]
the-hunger-games-posters.jpg
1 MB, 4000x1481
So Hunger Games, and Maze Runner, and Divergent...

They all have a format, but what exactly is it? It seems to me like Ender's Game.

It seems like it's the one person who has to fight to be the very best...

Is it Based off of Harry Potter, because they NEVER seem to make a build deal of the Houses in Harry Potter. At all.

And Battle Royale they were all one School... MOSTLY.

The only story that seems to be popular that did that series of teams working together fighting the big fight was Ender's Game.

Am I wrong, because these all come from books... which is also weird in itself.

Does iloominati have a propaganda?
>>
>>70662019

???

The book and movie are cheap rebellious schlock. Shut up.
>>
>>70662071
the book that came out in 1985, that was made into a movie a few years ago, for no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>70662110
Why was Ender's Game even made, other then all these other movies based off that format?
>>
My wifes' son greatly enjoys all of these
>>
>>70662019

Hunger Games is nothing like the other series. The whole point of that series is that being a cool rebellious teenager won't get anything done, and you're more likely to be manipulated by political animals as a propaganda machine then ever do anything of real value.

It's not Collins' fault that the thing people took for those books was "cool rebellious teenager fights the establishment" because those books were very much NOT that.
>>
>>70662196
[Ender's] Games is nothing like the other series. The whole point of that series is that being a cool rebellious teenager won't get anything done, and you're more likely to be manipulated by political animals as a propaganda[/war] machine then ever do anything of real value.
>>
>>70662019
>Ender's Game
shouldn't be classed with the other trash it was written long before the current young adult trash. the houses/groups are pretty much ripped off from Harry Potter (not sure about other British high schools but mine had houses). the chosen one is 'a hero with a thousand faces' but done in the laziest way, read ender's shadow and it show how he wasn't actually THE CHOSEN ONE but just the best they had right then

its all "society puts people into grousp but you're magic and can be anything you want!" "adults are dumb and the world would be a better place if children ran everything" bs
>>
>>70662286

I'm talking about the modern stuff.
>>
>>70662304
You never learned that Neville Longbottom was the Chosen one? It wasn't just Harry?
>>
>>70662331
retconning bs, give it 5 years and hermione will be the 'real' chosen one and then ron and then "it was all a ruse! dumbledore was voldemort the whole time!"
>>
>>70662304
Also, Harry Potter put no Focus on the houses enough to influence a whole new genre of books. They had the good guys and bad guys. You could say Animal House was the true inspiration, but I don't see them making a new animal house movie any time recently.

It just begs the question, why was 2013 the year to make a 1985 Novella into a movie???

You could say that Warhammer 40k is the real source of the houses.

Marry Trotter didn't really talk about Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff at alls.

What Hollywood producer would think to make this into popular format?
>>
>>70662417
Naw, it's just implied it was either or. They both had thier parents fucked with by the Death Eaters. Neville
>>
>>70662306
2013 not recent enough?
The funny part is Endermen was minecraft thing too...
>>
Are all the hunger games out now? I've not seen the last one.

Fuck the girl from Divergent is hot... Fun, pretty and just a bit dumb. Perfect.

I have had a surprisingly good time with the maze runner series, especially since this teen drama shit is typically only watchable for the tight birds.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.