[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ make of this genius marketing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Con2.jpg (47 KB, 586x698) Image search: [Google]
Con2.jpg
47 KB, 586x698
What does /tv/ make of this genius marketing?
>>
>>70655059
I love when horror films do this kind of silly shit. I hope there's really a priest there.
>>
>>70655059
They did the same shit with the exorcist.
>>
>>70655059
It's pretty good marketing for naive people and younger folks. This shit worked a lot in the past, it's nice to see it still going on, even if it's for stupid normies
>>
>>70655059
can't even remember that shit, guess it was total trash like all the rest of the modern "horror" flicks.
>>
>>70655059
Apart from production design and direction, the Conjuring was mediocre. Literally every haunted house/possession cliche in the book was used + predictable jump scares.
>>
Jump scare: the garbage

Fuck off flip, this only works on subhumans like you
>>
>>70655059
This is a fucking ripoff of what Hitchcock did with Psycho

This is as genius as rebooting Robocop
>>
>>70655644
>apart from production design and direction
Apart from 70% of a film, it was mediocre?
>>
>>70655059
How do people come up with this kind of shitty marketing? It's so fucking boring.

Seriously, if the conjuring fucks your mind up, you were already beyond saving to begin with. It's like furry shit. If Robin Hood, Zootopia or whatever turned you into a furry, you were going to be one sooner or later.

Or like video games. Video games don't kill people. It might motivate people to do violent acts, but that shit would've happened sooner or later.

Now, I know this is just some bullshit trying to scare people before they even get to sit their fatasses down in front of the screen, but all it really does is set you up for disappointment.
>>
>>70656118
Pure ideology
>>
>>70655059
Dumb rednecks and niggers and women will believe it, so it will work on the majority of the movie going audience. Patricians will wait for the torrent anyway so it doesn't matter
>>
>>70655157
People were legit passing out in the audience at the Exorcist. The general public at the time hadn't seen a horror movie remotely that intense.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.