[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek crew (or equivalent, for DS9) rankings? My Hot Opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: TOSopeninglogo.png (14 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
TOSopeninglogo.png
14 KB, 360x240
Star Trek crew (or equivalent, for DS9) rankings?
My Hot Opinions

>Captain
Picard > Sisko = Kirk > Janeway > Archer

>Chief Science Officer
Data = Spock > Jadzia Dax > Ezri Dax > Kim > T'Pol

>Chief Engineer
Trip > Geordi = Scotty = Miles > Kim

>Security
Odo > Tuvok > Worf = Reed > Chekov

>Medical
Doctor > Phlox > Bones > Bashir > Crusher

>Linguistics/Comms
Sato > Uhura (were there other Comms officers?)

>Helmsman
Sulu > Paris > Crusher
>>
Chief Engineer on Voyager was Torres not Kim
>>
>>70655142

Oh damn, you're right. Torres was also bad though, so the rankings don't change.
>>
There was already a containment thread for your ilk. Why did you kill a thread to post this? Your cancer containment thread isn't even close to bump limit (note that I did not say autosage because that is not a thing)
>>
bones > all
>>
>>70654329
>Archer below Insaneway
>T'Pol below Kim
Other than that pretty good
Was Ezri even a science officer? She was the counselor from what I remember

>>70655184
>(note that I did not say autosage because that is not a thing)
Nice bait
>>
>>70657510

Archer and T'Pol drag Enterprise way down. I wish they didn't, but they do. Archer's too "aw shucks" for the captain's chair, especially when they have that archetype covered more competently with Trip. T'Pol's more all over the place with her acting than Janeway, except Blalock isn't trying to do that and Mulgrew actually was, so I can't even mark that off as a positive.
>>
>>70657510
Stop digestposting and that's a tag not bait.

Tired of interacting with ignoramuses here.
>>
>>70654329

Archer should be above Janeway at the very lowest.

T'pol should be higher.

Miles is far better than Geordi.

The doctor one is a hard one since they are all likeable besides crusher. Who could have been replaced with a brick.

Comms, yeah.

I love how you left out Travis as he is pointless.
>>
>>70657628

T'pol's acting was fine mostly apart from a few scenes.

And Scott Bakula did get ALOT better from the season 2 finale onwards.
>>
>tfw finished Menagerie Part 2 after a week between episodes

I was wondering where it was going at the end of part 1, since it was so slow I was assuming it was building towards something larger in the second episode. I didn't know the whole backstory about the pilot not being aired for 20 more years and so all of that footage was entirely fresh at the time, and them needing to make a throwaway episode so the special effects team had time to catch up with the 'real' ones. Had I known that I would have went in with less expectations.

Still feel kind of let down, I mean the last 30 seconds was kind of heartwarming but they really did the pilot no favours in the way it was cut and butchered (quite literally in terms of them cutting the reels of footage up). It was basically a retelling, dragged out for another hour while also ruining any kind of investment by cutting backwards and forwards. The Cage is probably one of my favourite episodes of the series, although I've only seen a few episodes of TOS, all of TNG and VOY.

Vina is still the Star Trek girl to end all ST girls, tho.
>>
>>70657711

I didn't want Mayweather to be pointless. They could've had a cool arc with him being a space boomer and shit but we got one crap-ass episode out of it.
>>
>>70655180
True. Also Kim was ops (Data in tng and O'brien in ds9).
>>
>>70657510
>Was Ezri even a science officer?
Nope, just the counselor They're all the same rank because its the most worthless position in Starfleet
>>
>>70658325

Kim was both Ops and Chief Engineer, IIRC.
>>
>>70658410
Same with O'brien. Ops oversees the goldshirts so it usually ends up with them being head of one of those fields, though Data was both science and ops. Kim makes no sense because Torres outranked him even though he was her direct superior.
>>
>>70658577

Ma'quis are second-class citizens on Voyager.
>>
>>70658683
Torres getting a commission as a lieutenant was entirely on Janeway, she could just as easily have made her an ensign, or promoted Kim.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.