[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.theatlantic.com/business /archive/2016/06/hollywo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 14
File: 1373153905884.jpg (14 KB, 275x343) Image search: [Google]
1373153905884.jpg
14 KB, 275x343
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/hollywood-has-a-huge-millennial-problem/486209/

Why can't hollywood accept that the reason blockbusters are doing poorly is because there's so any on the market now that they're crowding each other out, which is what has been predicted for years?
>>
>>70652407
Also they mostly suck
>>
>>70652407
inb4 hurrr I am not a millennial
>>
>>70654504
Glad to see that the shitposters can't stay in one thread
>>
>2016 is on pace to be the worst year for movies—by tickets bought per U.S. adult—since before the 1920s. What’s going on?
>What's going on?
Hollywood is make shit films and no one wants to waste money on a shit film.
>>
I'm not a millennial
>>
How many times can you guys make this thread, and always less than an hour after the previous one dies
>>
>>70652407
that guy is going to direct Blood Meridian. Fuck my life.
>>
>>70654646
Especially when it's like 15-20 buckaroos for a ticket..

>>70654824
First time I see it today ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: 010.jpg (301 KB, 900x1234) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
301 KB, 900x1234
>mfw 18-35 year olds pretend they aren't millenials
>mfw they won't accept killing the movie industry
>>
>What's going on?

Capeshit for manchilds over and over again.

Friendly reminder that comics are just a step lower than mangas, if you read any of them past 13yo you have a problem.
>>
>>70654883
>http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/hollywood-has-a-huge-millennial-problem/486209/

I want kino, they give me capeshit.
>>
I think the problem lies in the people responsible for bringing us "art" nowadays. They're all talentless, have nothing to say intellectually, have TOO much to say politically and grew up on genre films and comic books. They don't even know what they're supposed to be making but they're the only ones doing it.

There's just nobody capable of making anything worth watching.
>>
Capeshit is dominating the world and there is nothing /tv/ can do about it, just shitpost into the oblivion
>>
>>70652407
Maybe when theaters start lowering prices or movies start bringing quality films, then peoplr will go to the movies more often
>>
>>70655221

>I want kino, they give me capeshit.

I don't say this often but, this.
>>
>>70655314
Yeah, this.
Ever work with a guy in entertainment? All they talk about is "storytelling", like that's the end-all be-all goal. The only other people I've met who placed such importance on it was senior entrepreneurs giving tips on presenting.
>>
it just proves we need more diversity
>>
>>70655589

>Ever work with a guy in entertainment? All they talk about is "storytelling", like that's the end-all be-all goal.

wait...what? Storytelling is the goal. They're just shit storytellers.

You're missing the point here.
>>
The only movies doing well are capeshit and iconic sequels like Star Wars and Jurassic Park. Even people interacting online, I only ever see people commenting on articles about the latest superheroe movie or show, it's the only things that open actual discussion. I blame audiences if any thing. They like to eat shit, so why would people make anything but more shit?
>>
>>70656071
because as the article states the consumer is tired of shit
>>
>>70656214
No, that's what you;re taking it to mean. In reality, recent "original" movies like Hail Caesar, The Green Room, Nice Guys all did mediocre or failed to turn a profit. Nobody is flocking to non-blockbusters either
>>
>>70652407

2manysequels4me
>>
>>70656306
To be fair, the market is so saturated with advertising for the multi million dollar tent pole movies that I doubt the average person even knows those movies exist.
>>
>>70656479
Maybe, but this idea that the unwashed masses are clamoring for anything non-blockbuster just isn't true.
>>
>>70656306
Nice guys is a decent movie but foreal 16 buckaroos for generic 70s police movie is too much
>>
We did it lads. Let's ruin Hollywood and watch the capeshit producing jews starve
>>
File: yourmusicsucks.gif (2 MB, 400x232) Image search: [Google]
yourmusicsucks.gif
2 MB, 400x232
>Make shit movies/remakes
>It's the kids fault
>>
Here's what to do, implement a monthly movie theater membership card where you pay a monthly price that covers admission to any and all movies playing at the theater. This will give people incentive to go, increase concession sales and probably result in more people seeing more movies. Most people are only seeing one or two movies a month anyway, so whatever you charge for the membership will most likely keep you in the green.
>>
>>70656617
>implying

You know disney will be the last to go.
2bh, this is why so many other attempts at cinematic universes are failing: disney knows that overcrowding will kill their market strategy, so they prevent anyone else from being able to churn sequels out.
>>
>>70652407
>why don't people spend the many on PC remakes? I mean if you loved the movie the first time you're gonna adore it now that we added 3 blacks, 2 indians and 1 chinese and thousands of quips and jumpscares

fuck sequels, reboots and remakes
>>
>>70656735
http://www.marketingcharts.com/traditional/on-average-american-adults-say-they-went-to-5-movies-last-year-39161/

charge $60 for an annual pass. I'd be down for that.
>>
Give me movies that aren't no-risk assembly line products and that don't have all kinds of shoehorned """""diversity""""" and maybe I'll watch more than 1-2 movies a year.
>>
>>70656605
Where the hell do you people live that movies cost this much? I paid 7 dollars with a student discount for my ticket to Nice Guys, and it was exactly that; a movie I'd pay 7 dollars for.
>>
>>70656735
Movie theaters need controlled access because they have to know how many seats in each auditorium are being filled. Without knowing exactly who is going where, you end up with lots of people showing up only to find that they have no place to sit and watch what they came for.
>>
>>70656921
You use the card to purchase your tickets online or at the window. Just the same as it is now.
>>
>>70656921
considering how many people buy tickets a week ahead of time and reserve seats, I'm skeptical this would be a problem. Especially since there's no reason not to offer pass holders seat reservations either.

Just make it mandatory for pass holders to reserve seats before big shows.
>>
>>70655314

this. I can't remember where I read it, but there was this article about how the older storytellers were all classically trained. They'd read the Odyssey, Shakespeare etc; but they'd also seen Citizen Kane. The current generation have done neither. They don't quite get what Kane was about but they understand that "Rosebud" was the sled because they saw that Simpsons episode once.

The other big issue is the massive marketisation of cinema. Novel ideas are being ignored as everyone looks for the most profit-efficient sludge to pump out. Capeshit fits the bill by being light action with comedy that is broadly appealing.
>>
>>70656735
Last town I lived in had a "cinema club" at the local library (newly built auditorium within). Semiannual membership fee for like 5 bucks, then pay 5 bucks for any movie you wanted to see.
Though they only had screenings twice a week of the same movie and mostly foreign and indie, sometimes Hollywood, but always good shit.
God damn that was great. Wish there was something like that in my current town..

Anyways, if it were 5 bucks for a movie ticket I'd probably go at least once a month. Now when it cost 15 bucks I go maybe once a year.
>>
The problem with this pass system is that it means more people in theaters, sure, but less money changes hands.
>>
>>70656880
Not him but I'm from Sweden. Saw the Nice Guys tonight, cost 14 bucks. Great movie, but 14 bucks worth? Nah. And that's how I always feel after leaving the cinema. "Bigger" movies like Warcraft cost 16 bucks.
>>
>>70657288

>people going to a film without buying popcorn or snacks

t. a guy who's never upsold anything in his life
>>
File: Katheryn.jpg (79 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Katheryn.jpg
79 KB, 640x640
>>70652407

Theatres:

>watch a shitty theatrical version
>crappy sound
>mediocre visual quality
>niggers and other thugs making noise
>have to hear other people eating and laughing

Torrent Blu-Ray:

>based director's cut version if available
>amazing sound
>10/10 quality
>in the comfort of your own home

It's not even a contest.
>>
Movies just aren't interesting anymore, how many recycled plots can you throw over and over again with no payoff ?
>>
>>70652407

Hollywood is in a permanent state of denial.

Wait until they blame Ghostbusters flopping on sexism rather than being an unfunny piece of shit remake no one wants.
>>
People claim to want original movies yet the only movies they'll watch that year are sequels, reboots, remakes and book/comic book adaptations.
If people wanted originality then independent movies would be far more successful.
People just want to go and see whatever is advertised at them and shoved in their face because they don't actually care about movies and just want to fit in socially.
>>
>>70654646

Oldfag here. Not only are movies worse, but there so many options now.

I don't need to rent whatever is new in the video shop.

I have an endless stream of quality entertainment at my finger tips 24/7.

It's ridiculous to me how good consumers have it now.
>>
>>70656605

This. Spielberg was right. They need a sliding scale. Nice Guys was good.

But like 5-10 bucks good.

Tarantino was right too.

If you're not offering a roadshow experience, why are you charging so much.

Up until the 90's ticket prices hovered around the equivalent of 5-10 bucks and you didn't have half an hour of commercials. People would pop on after work the same way people hop on Netflix now.

Yeah the seats were dirty and the screens scratched, but unless you're watching fucking Star Wars why do you need the Premium experience (which is like 25 fucking bucks here).
>>
>>70657988

Sequels, reboots and even capeshit are struggling this year.

I think it's telling that other than your annual Marvel entry, the only "really" successful capeshit has been a low budget, low profile character with shitty low budget effects and action scenes - That concentrated heavily on character and story (relatively speaking).

Also PRICES.

When you're charging as much as they do now, people only want to pay for what they "know" is going to be good, as opposed to taking a risk on something that looks interesting. Why bother when you can take a risk on something interesting for basically free on Netflix?
>>
File: ok_kid.png (594 KB, 785x820) Image search: [Google]
ok_kid.png
594 KB, 785x820
>millenials are the ones in positions of power in hollywood pumping out garbage movies
>it's all millenials fault
>we gud boomers we dindu muffin
>>
>>70652407
It does have a millenial problem though

Millenials are getting too smart to see shitty movies like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, Now You See Me 2, and fucking Warcraft
>>
>>70656605
As opposed to generic men in spandex punching each other
>>
>>70657085
Yea and in 10-15 years the new generation has been grown up watching only capeshit. Then they try to emulate those and even shittier stuff starts to come out.
>>
What do you guys think of Kevin Smith's distribution model? He tours the movie like how a band goes on the road to tour their new album. Usually has a screening and then does a Q&A with the audience. Tickets usually run between $30-$50 but I think you can get VIP tickets where you can meet him and shit.

I haven't been to any of his shit but I think it's an interesting approach. If someone like Shane Carruth did the same with his new movie The Modern Ocean, I'd be all over it.
>>
>>70652407
Millennials are getting tired of the whole routine of American life. "Let's go see a movie?". Let's fucking not, we've done that ten dozen times before and we don't get to see each other much anymore anyway. Why sit around in a cinema saying nothing to each other?

A lot of people just done with the main forms of entertainment being peddled to the masses.
>>
He is our only hope.
>>
>>70658438
China isn't though. Apparently Warcraft is making out like a bandit over there. If Hollywood can depend on China to sell their overblown, mindless action, overstated CGI character fests like Transformers, they'll keep making them.
>>
>>70657522
even the store bought bluray has better value, it's about the same price as a single ticket, has all the plusses you mentioned, and can be watched by many people for the same price, as many times as they want
>>
>>70652407
I think where forgetting about the elephant in the room. Millenials tend to be less extravagant with their spending. This is the generation that delays getting married and moving out due to costs. Meanwhile ticket and concession prices have risen right around the time Netflix became a thing. It's not that hard to figure out.
>>
>>70658718
They also simply don't have the money to spend. Wages have flatlined for decades and most young folks drown in debt without owning anything of value.
>>
>>70658419
>it's a baby boomers fuck everything up for every following generation episode
I thought we were done with these
>>
>>70658818
Fucking boomers I wish they'd die already. Actually I wish they'd survive and get shoved into nursing homes for the rest of their lives to be treated like shit by their minority pets.
>>
File: 1465346881933.jpg (513 KB, 1892x895) Image search: [Google]
1465346881933.jpg
513 KB, 1892x895
>>70658610
>>
>>70658855
Wtf?
>>
>Snow White II: The One Where We Sorta Kinda Fired Snow White?
lel
>>
>>70658419
>>millenials are the ones in positions of power in hollywood pumping out garbage movies

Not true. The Boomers have still not moved the fuck over.
>>
File: monkey stoic.gif (1 MB, 499x341) Image search: [Google]
monkey stoic.gif
1 MB, 499x341
>tfw when I am in the extreme minority of going to the movies almost every week
>>
>>70658855
It is possible that those cutout are props used in the movie, the British use to do shit like this all the time to fool the Germans.
>>
>>70652407

That and younger millenials have no money to spend 20 bucks a ticket to view a flick. It's cheaper and easier to pirate it.
>>
>Millenials don't go to the movies

Can someone tell me what millenials want? Everything I see of them consists of what they don't want. Millenials don't want cars, they don't want homes, they don't want children, etc.
WHAT DO THEY WANT?
>>
>>70659102
At this point? Probably jobs
>>
>>70659102
Quick and painless death during sleep.

t. millennial
>>
>>70659149

Only if they pay 15 bucks an hour, though.

It's not that I don't get they're having troubles, but they're the ones who majored in 90s TV show analysis instead of something that will pay bills.
>>
>it thuh millenials fault! Not the movie industry I swear!!
>sony hack reveals how inept and retarded the big wigs are at hollywood

Seriously, those fucking emails are a cringe fest.

>snapchat crossfit spider man
>sinister six making 2 billion
>aunt may movie
>>
More like a huge capeshit problem.
And the new Star Wars is capeshit too.
>>
>>70659217
>something that will pay bills.

>1960s
>any job "pays the bills"
>2000s
>stagnant wages mean jobs don't pay shit
>>
>>70659217
You'd be right if it was only those who majored in 90s TV show analysis that were currently getting dicked. STEM is fucked too since everyone's working till they die now, so there's less job openings since people aren't retiring. I did engineering, you know how many people apply on average to a job locally? Couple of hundred, and that's for a single job opening with a company. Meanwhile, I worked with dudes in their 70s. Boomers never had to deal with that
>>
>>70659217
>Only if they pay 15 bucks an hour, though.
why do you denigrate this? why are you so derisive of it? Are you making ends meet on your 7.50/hr?
>>
File: 2df.png (349 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
2df.png
349 KB, 615x409
>>70659217
>people want a wage that isn't a shallow grave beneath the poverty line
How entitled.
>>
>>70659014
its a movie about movie makers making fake movies about fake movie making movie makers
>>
>>70659343
>stagnant wages
how dare you, thats class warfare!
>>
>>70659102
1. Jobs that pay a living wage
2. Stable families
3. Purpose
>>
>>70659364

I make 9.50 and yes, I'm making ends meet.

I denigrate it because it's simply not realistic. Is 7.50 too low? Yup, I think so, particularly in the city. But jumping to twice that in an instant will destroy anyone who isn't living an metro area. Moreover, those people who aren't will be forced to migrate to cities and worsen the problem.

It's amazing how much easier it is if you're living in an area where cost of living isn't astronomical. But these kids don't wanna move.
>>
>>70659102
A fucking job and my own place.
>>
>>70658753
>>70658718

Also, you can fucking just wait a week for a good quality leak and watch it in the comfort of your parents basement on their tv
>>
File: derp.jpg (185 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
185 KB, 2000x1333
>make shitty product
>no one consumes your shitty product
>WHAT'S WRONG WITH CONSUMERS?
>>
>>70659940
Even worse, they are blaming it on young kids
>>
This article is based off a "study" that concluded millenials aren't going to the movies because they didn't respond to a land-line only survey. So, ya know, it's garbage.
>>
>>70659940
Oddly, she has never been very attractive to me until now.
>>
>millennial
>18-35

What a joke.
>>
>>70661084
its true
>>
More like they have a shitty movie problem
>>
>>70659102
Maybe a decent standard of living for one thing without needing to work 2 jobs just to barely scrape by.
>>
>>70661416

Somewhere between people born in the early to mid-80's and people born in the mid to late 90's, the biggest generational gap of the 20th century took place.
>>
>>70661965
>>70661084
It is just a tactic to divide and conquer between the older generations and the current one.
>>
>>70662322

The kids who had iphones in elementary school and the kids being born today are part of the same generation, which is completely different than that of people born in the 80's.
>>
>>70662470
which means 80 - 95 would no be millennials cause they never grew up with iphones in there hands in middle school
>>
>>70654853
Economically, how can this be solved? Maybe I am an idiot but I thought that ticket prices go up because they aren't making enough money to create huge blockbusters. Also, Tickets are $5-$9 for me :^)
>>
>>70662568

Pretty much, though your math is a few years off.
>>
File: me irl.png (209 KB, 401x301) Image search: [Google]
me irl.png
209 KB, 401x301
>DIVERSITY IN MOVIES = BETTER!
"wait guys we r failing why ;("
>MORE BLACKS IN LEADING ROLES = BETTER
"lowest tickets sold since the 1920s why guys why ;("
>PUT THE LGBT CROWD IN CHARGE, IT'S COOL TO BE GAY AND WE WANT OUR PROTAGONISTS TO REFLECT THIS
>"nobody's buying our tickets guys cmon guys ;("

i mean, anyone could tell you why things are going exponentially wrong, hollywood is trying to shoehorn in blacks and gays and females who can't act and can't write and can't direct and can't do shit just because they're blacks and gays and females
>>
>>70662470
That is what I am saying anon. They are grouping together entirely different generations so that they can make blanket statements against anyone that isn't from the good goyim generation(s).
>>
File: rt.png (21 KB, 306x486) Image search: [Google]
rt.png
21 KB, 306x486
>>70652407
>>
>>70658575
Yeah bro lets all sit in our rooms watching youtube on our iphones. Fuck the system!
>>
>>70658919
There was literally nothing wrong with that movie.
>>
>It's a 'boomers blame everything on millennials again' episode
Just fucking die already you cunts
>>
>>70659614
>It's amazing how much easier it is if you're living in an area where cost of living isn't astronomical.

The problem is, the only places left are either "The Projects", or bumfuck nowhere Wyoming.
>>
My faggot friends dragged me to see Batman vs Superman even thought I told them it would be shit and they defended it by "ironically enjoying it". That cost me $21 and 4 hours. I've filled my quota for the year.
>>
>>70658564
I went to the roadshow for Hateful 8 and the place was packed, so it certainly has the potential to succeed, but I would say that this method is more effective for bigger name directors like Tarantino or people with a loyal fanbase like Smith who don't put all their eggs in the movie basket (podcasts, etc.)

That being said, I'd really enjoy something like that, provided I get to see Shane in person. $30 bucks is a bit much for a movie otherwise.
>>
>>70654918
mangas are the lowest form of entertainment. comics are above reality tv and below normal tv. but your broader point is accurate.
>>
>>70655693
if you think the story is the most important part of a film you are the problem.
>>
>>70659601
let's just try killing all the jews and seeing how that plays out
>>
>>70664853
an interesting and engaging is what makes or breaks a return customer, something people remember and want to see again. movies are an experience, and a superficial experience only goes so far when you're banking more about opening day/box office over home video

otherwise you're only selling a fireworks show with with a built-in expiration date for when the next SFX extravaganza comes out
>>
>>70659359
>>70659601
>>70659524
I read online about Switzerland rejecting a proposal to implement govt wages for every citizen. I mean its a stupid thing and was resoundingly defeated (70 percent against) but it did bring up an interesting point. In the future, with more and more people going to college machines destroying jobs, what will happen to everyone else that can't get a job? When there will not be enough jobs to go around, how will that be resolved? We saw what happens when you have mass unemployed young people in the middle east. They get uppity.
>>
>>70664803
>manga is the lowest
explain
>>
>>70652407
Make better movies?
Don't charge me $50 for a ticket and an anvil rental?
Stop allowing children and black people who yell into my local theater?
These are all things that would help me go to the movies more often.
>>
>>70665438
there's nothing to explain, that man is a moron
web novels are most certainly the lowest form of entertainment
>>
>>70659521
fuck, again? what is his obsession with making metaphors for filmmaking in his films (inception, the prestige, batman begins)
>>
>>70652407
Interesting post, OP.
>>
>>70656306
It's also an issue of public awareness and availability. My local theater plays only blockbusters and family movies. If I want to watch anything else in theaters, I have to drive at least 40 minutes away, and sometimes even further. I'm sure a lot of people living in smaller towns face the same situation, and not many people care enough about movies to go out of their way to watch them.
>>
File: meme.jpg (21 KB, 620x475) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
21 KB, 620x475
The actors all suck now. The only movies I care about have older actors in them and there are no millennial actors I give a shit about. They're interchangeable to me t b h. Also, I don't think any millennial actors have the star power to drive big box office sales. The only one that comes close is Jake Gyllenhaal and it seems he is redpilled enough to know that he's not that good, which is why he focuses on obscure roles to try and cement his legacy.
>>
Ticket prices
Lack of good films
I'd rather pirate it a week after release and not deal with "dindu nuffin" when I see a movie
I usually watch movies at like 1am on a Friday, cant do that at a theater.
I tend to buy the blu ray if I enjoyed the movie enough, but just put it in storage after it gets here.
>>
>>70652407
Normies are getting into watching on demand at home (netflix) and are willing to wait till a movie is released on a streaming site
>>
>>70655693
There are many more things you can do with moving images than tell stories.

To me, simply telling a story is one of the most boring things you can do. They beat you over the head with "Film is a visual medium!" over and over in school, and they're right. They're not books, they're motion pictures.
>>
>>70663476
No, that's the people younger than the millennials. That's Generation Z or whatever they may be called later on.

The millennials sit around and watch youtube on their laptops and desktops. I know, I'm one of them. But most of us yearn to do something different.

I don't think I spend as much time on youtube as people a few years younger than me. My niece and nephew use it as their main site, and only passively consume the content. I can't do that. I ended up here a few years ago when all the main traditional forums became unusable.
>>
>>70654504
Pro tip: If you were born after 1985 you're considered by many to be a millennial
>>
>>70659102

A job and a girl friend would be nice.
>>
>>70652407
Agreed. Had Supercuck vs Dadbod been released had been released at another time, it may have recovered it's budget.

Producers are just throwing expensive shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. But there's not enough wall space left because it's already covered in capeshit.
>>
>>70666584
1982-1996 is a commonly accepted range.
>>
I can't wait for the big budget movie collapse the speilberg and lucas predicted

It'll probably won't happen until 2025 though when boomers hit the senior homes, millennial faggots start careers and china is in a deep depression
>>
>>70655400
Do you think the price would drop?

I remember when a matinee was around $6
>>
>>70659521
It doesn't say anything about it here
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5013056/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl
>>
>>70658718
The same millennials who walk around with $1000 smartphones that they buy a new model of every other year?
>>
>>70655221
we got BvS and you squandered it

don't pretend you're a victim we have enough of that bullshit weltanschauung to ruin us for the next decade. all societies are ruined as soon as victimhood becomes the norm and you'd just be the problem.
>>
>>70652407

During the summer, some of the big name theaters where I live have showings of older films from the 90's, 80's, sometimes the 70's as well. It's actually pretty nice. Maybe they should start doing that more often when they can.

I know licensing and legal shit doesn't make it easy to just show anything and everything, but I feel like Hollywood needs to accept that people want to watch new shit in their homes and go with a model that gives them money on that, and theaters need to accept they can provide a really nice visual and audio experience for all films, not just the latest shit that Hollywood shoves out.
>>
>>70656306

Only hail caesar had any advertising, and as a coens fan I thought it was dogshit.
>>
>>70658564
>tfw you know for a fact The Modern Ocean is a modern fucking classic just from the abstract
Shane is doing God's work
>>
>>70665333

Research and engineering will continue undisturbed. The 94% who only have their masters or less will be placed on a social security system
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 145x214) Image search: [Google]
file.png
78 KB, 145x214
>>70654504
This
who /90s/ here
>>
>>70665559
>>70665438
Masturbation is the lowest form of entertainment.
Checkm8.
>>
>>70665741

writers are told "write about what you know", which is why every protag in a stephen king story is either a teacher or a writer

directors are the same. they make flicks about what they know. and when they can't make a flick about the hollywood industry, they make thinly veiled metaphor kino.
>>
As a millennial, here's my take on it:

>Video games have better value and are better than movies
>Tired of sequels, prequels and remakes
>Would prefer to watch films at home and not at the cinema because of ads and how uncomfortable the seats are
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.