[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was it so popular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Titanic_ver2_xlg.jpg (320 KB, 1006x1500) Image search: [Google]
Titanic_ver2_xlg.jpg
320 KB, 1006x1500
Why was it so popular?
>>
Because its a well made movie with a tragic ending that makes it stand out more.
>>
>>70650543
BILLY
FUCKING
ZANE
>>
>>70650543

massive hype

movie sux, I didn't even finish it

was boring
>>
famous historic event
disaster film
romance
epic scale/technologically innovative
tits
>>
I really like titanic actually. No shame

that bit where she's dreaming of walking up the staircase and jacks waiting there. the music swells.. ;_;

every fucking time
>>
>>70651914
but is she actually dreaming?
>>
>>70651985
well, yes. she's probably just died. But it's nice either way
>>
The James Cameron formula of amazing VFX laid on top of a hackneyed love story
>>
>>70650543
Romance for girls
The most historic ship event
Got tier CGI.
The cast.

I liked it a lot, though i would never thought it would become the massive hit it is.
>>
so big it needed two (2) vhs tapes.
>>
>>70650543

say what you want but it's a really good movie

can't find flaws right now but in its execution, it was well done, nothing more, nothing less

one of the few romantic movies that I can watch several times, even though it's over three hours long

also

>solid performances
>great soundtrack
>many practical effects

you don't really need much more when you already have a solid story
>>
>"icebergs can't melt steel plates"

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>70651985

whether it's the last dream before she dies or afterlife, the scene is just heartwarming

I'm actually sad that people on this board can't have a leap of faith and watch movies that have romance as a main theme
>>
Soundtrack is pretty nice too. It's a solid film even if it does drag on a bit and I actually find some of the action in the middle to be less interesting than the build up.

on re-watching though I fucking hate the neckbeard in the modern scenes
>>
>>70651914
this. The band gives me feels too.
And that guy setting the clock
>>
>>70650543
because james cameron made it
>>
>>70652326

he was a very 90's character. neckbeard never change, but at the time he was there for comedic relief/to be cool.
>>
>>70650768
this. billy zane saved this movie
>>
>>70652466
"not the better half"
>>
>>70652198
It's vapid garbage made of cliches and stock characters. It's one of the shallowest spectacles ever made.
>>
americans love a fat leading actress in a love story
>>
>>70650543
There was that old lady in Düsseldorf who watched it every day, then once a week for almost two years. They played it far longer than necessary to have her as a promotion gimmick for the theater.
For her 100th viewing, Cameron flew in. The old lady sulked, cause she expected Leo.
>>
>>70652530

>It's one of the shallowest spectacles ever made.

someone is talking from experience I see
>>
>>70650853

this 2bh

it had something for everyone

but holy shit fuck that celine dion song
>>
>>70652266
jealousy
>>
>>70652532
L O W T E S T
O
W
T
E
S
T
>>
WTF i hate icebergs now!!
>>
>>70651914
She was not dreaming. She died that night after tossing the necklace into the water. All the other people where waiting for her soul.
>>
>>70650543
>Make a drama movie about the tragedy of the Titanic.
>Not make it one man's dream to do the impossible, and then heroically go down with the ship, giving his seat up to women and children, and aiding others in boarding
>Not making it about the Titanic's designer, Thomas Andrews
So much potential.
And instead we got Romeo and Juliet minus everything that makes Romeo and Juliet matter.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.