[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman V Superman Explanations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: RLM.jpg (204 KB, 1274x713) Image search: [Google]
RLM.jpg
204 KB, 1274x713
It bothers me that I keep seeing BvS reviews where they just can't understand basic things in the movie. There are good criticisms to be made about the movie, but they keep making bad ones.

>Why does Luthor hate Superman?
Because Luthor doesn't think power can be innocent. And like Batman, he thinks that if there's a 1% chance Superman will turn then he has to treat is as an absolute certainty. So he takes it upon himself to preemptively kill Superman.

>Why did Luthor think Batman could beat Superman?
Luthor planned from the beginning to get the kryptonite into Batman's hands. That's why it was so easy for Batman to steal off screen and why Luthor smiles when he discovers the theft. He knew the kryptonite could beat Superman, but he still had to actually use it in some way. Who better to weaponize the kryptonite and go up against Superman than Batman?

>So why didn't Luthor let Batman have the kryptonite during the batmobile scene?
Because Luthor doesn't divulge his plans to random goons he hires. He told them to get the kryptonite to him so when Batman attacked they fought back.

>Why did Batman stop just because Superman said "Martha"?
Because Batman's life revolves around the murder of his parents. He saw himself becoming the murderer from that alley. And he finally saw Superman as a person instead of just some monster.

>Why did Batman think Superman would come fight him just because he turned on the bat signal?
Because the last time they met Superman told Batman, "The next time they turn on your signal, don't come to it."

>Why didn't Superman just save his mother on his own?
Superman didn't know where she was. Kinda stupid given he has super hearing or whatever, but that's why. Batman learns the location because Alfred traced KGBeast's phone after the fight.

>Why didn't Luthor just use a kryptonite bomb at the hearing to kill Superman?
He hid the bomb in the wheelchair. He didn't have the kryptonite yet when he gave the wheelchair to the legless guy.
>>
>>67819103
Now for the good question.

>Why did Luthor create Doomsday? Isn't that Luthor just creating something worse than Superman?
I don't have a good answer for this one. The best speculation I can come up with is that Luthor had some kind of failsafe against Doomsday that they just never showed in the movie. Maybe he implanted some kind of kryptonite bomb in him when he was being grown or something. But since they didn't show any of this, it's still a good criticism.
>>
>>67819390
If Doomsday won it would have proved Lex right about Superman not being all powerful or some kind of god, thus confirming his worldview. For a guy like Lex that's all he wants. To be the smartest cleverest most right guy of all time, then he can take his ball and go home, and by go home I mean die happy being the biggest shiniest piece of shit on this floating turd called Earth while Doomsday runs around blowing everything up.

Or maybe he had already been talking to the hungry horrors from the dark and was planning on flying the Krypton ship to another planet to meet up with Steppenwolf and leaving Doomsday on Earth or some shit.
>>
>>67819103
>Luthor planned from the beginning to get the kryptonite into Batman's hands. That's why it was so easy for Batman to steal off screen and why Luthor smiles when he discovers the theft.

This is actually wrong on both accounts.
>>
>>67819103
I still haven't watched this, is it as bad as their Man of Steel review?
>>
>>67819103
>Batman learns the location because Alfred traced KGBeast's phone after the fight.

How does Batman know to track KGBeast's phone to find Martha Kent? Batman knew that guy was related to Lex in some way, because of the shipments he had made to Lex's compound in the records he found in the guy's phone, but how could he possibly know that he was the guy holding Martha Kent up with a flamethrower? There wasn't really work done to show that Batman found out how important that guy was to Lex, KGBeast sort of seems like Lex's right hand man because he goes to kidnap Martha Kent and is the guy posing as a janitor to kidnap Lois Lane, but Batman has no way of knowing that he's in the room with Martha Kent.

If Batman was looking to shake him down for info on where Martha Kent might be, he was tracking him down when for an interrogation with only like 20 minutes on the clock to find Martha Kent before she got roasted.

Guess he got lucky that the only person he had info on in Lex's employ happened to be the one personally charged with executing Martha Kent.
>>
>Because the last time they met Superman told Batman, "The next time they turn on your signal, don't come to it."

Why did Superman have the line about the bat signal? It hadn't been used all movie. All the cases Clark had been studying about Batman hadn't involved the bat signal; it was just him going out independently and beating thugs up. The way Alfred and Bruce talked, Gordon wasn't around anymore--either he retired or was killed or something--so he wasn't using the bat signal. And when Batman unveils the bat signal to lure Superman over, it's attached to a ruined, abandoned, derelict building on the edge of town. Even the event that Superman showed up to, to confront Batman, didn't involve the bat signal. It was just Batman independently tracking down stuff.

Why did he bring up the bat signal?
>>
>>67820294
He knew Luthor kidnapped Martha and that KGBeast worked for Luthor. Not much of a leap.
>>
>>67820471
Did you stop reading the post half way through?
>>
>>67820470
Batman had been batmanning around for quite a while. So much so that Batman news was pushed out of the papers in favor of local sports teams.

The bat signal was probably a well known thing about Batman. So even though it wasn't used prior in the film, it made sense for Superman to bring it up.

>>67820524
He couldn't know for certain that KGBeast had Martha, but it's a good bet and given that his location was in that remote old building which would be a perfect place to hold someone hostage, that kinda confirms it. Besides which, it was the only lead they had. Where else was he going to go?
>>
File: 1374885380953.png (48 KB, 397x505) Image search: [Google]
1374885380953.png
48 KB, 397x505
>>67819103
>mfw you don't even understand this film
Shit thread boss man
>>
>>67819103
The question is why did Superman say "Martha"? Who the fuck refers to their mother by their first name?
>>
>>67820670
>Guess he got lucky that the only person he had info on in Lex's employ happened to be the one personally charged with executing Martha Kent.

>Guess he got lucky that the only person he had info on in Lex's employ happened to be the one personally charged with executing Martha Kent.

Why didn't they give Batman a chance to use his detective skills in concert with Superman? Based on what Superman saw in the photo of his captured mother, Batman helps him narrow down what to listen/look for along with having Alfred run scans and crosscheck stuff?
>>
>>67819103
Just because something is explained with a throwaway line does not mean that it's not shifty writting.
>>
>>67820670
>The bat signal was probably a well known thing about Batman. So even though it wasn't used prior in the film, it made sense for Superman to bring it up.

Not really since Batman had been active long after people stopped using the bat signal. Maybe there's a deleted scene.
>>
>>67819103
Autism: The Post
>>
>>67820820
My guess is someone told Snyder that Batman and Superman's mothers have the same name and he thought, "I've gotta find a way to use that somehow."

>>67820910
Would have taken too long.

>>67820933
I'm not sure which line you mean, but the point is that there are answers to these questions if you actually pay attention.

If you want to talk about shitty throwaway lines then the real criticism to make is, "THAT AREA IS UNINHABITED"

>>67821014
>understanding things in a movie is autism
>not understanding things in a movie is being a good critic
>>
File: filthy dumb v scum.jpg (457 KB, 1994x948) Image search: [Google]
filthy dumb v scum.jpg
457 KB, 1994x948
>>67819103
>>
>>67821100
>Would have taken too long for the man who heard Lois Lane's panic from around the world and supersonic flew in to save her in the span of 5 minutes

Of course, him tracking the KGB is just a minor logical error/super coincidence that doesn't really affect my opinion of the movie.

The movie sucks ass for a lot of other reasons.
>>
>>67820910
Why did they even split up again? Doomsday hasn't been a thing yet, it's just crazy sparking from the downed ship. Sure, an ominous problem, but neither of them knows anything about what's going on with it and it would have taken much less time if they went to get his mother together. Batman barely saves her in time anyway and Superman doesn't really go to the ship to avert a catastrophe, since he has no idea Lex has done anything, but just to brag to Lex that he's been beaten.

I really can't see a reason for why they split up.
>>
>>67821237
No, would have taken too long for Batman.

That bit where Superman saves Lois is pretty stupid though. I just assumed he had already come back to the city though.
>>
>>67819103
Anyone know a good camrip for this piece of shit?
>>
>>67821498
Imax has a great camrip
>>
>>67821419
The ship was draining energy from the city. They knew Lex was up to something. And Batman might have thought the fight was just to distract both of them from whatever Lex was doing with the ship. That probably would have been a better plot actually.
>>
>>67821639
Cheers mate
>>
>Superman heard Louis Lane in trouble in the middle east when he was in America
>couldn't hear his own mother in trouble 15 miles away

Bravo Snyder
>>
>>67821498
True patrician right there.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.