[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Americans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: 1448148406977.jpg (185 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448148406977.jpg
185 KB, 800x1200
Didn't see a thread.

Thoughts on the last episode of the season?
>>
Great! Gonna be a lot of shit going horribly before the end.
>>
File: 1463614307008.jpg (27 KB, 650x636) Image search: [Google]
1463614307008.jpg
27 KB, 650x636
>>70645965
It's going to be amazing when Stan finally puts it all together. But it probably won't happen until season 6.
>>
>>70646132

I could see them pulling a Breaking Bad, and having it happen at the end of next season.
>>
>>70646185
BB was split in half though so there was only like 6 episodes after Honk found out. I don't know how they could carry a full season with Stan knowing.
>>
>>70646333

It's going to be an abbreviated final season--10 episodes instead of 13.
>>
arkady dindu nuffin
>>
>>70645924

it was bretty gud
>>
File: thanksforthebeer.jpg (639 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
thanksforthebeer.jpg
639 KB, 1500x844
The old thread hit bumplimit and bumplimit. >>70616036

Really liked the episode on itself, but it was a little bit lacking as a season finale. It set everything up really fucking well for the next season though. I really thought Philips son was a ruse by Gabriel, turns out hes real.

William dropping the first few hints for Stan to inevitably piece it all together. Stan was hilarious at the end, "my son is going to bang your daughter."
>>
>>70649132
Ah thanks, guess I was just a little bit too late for it this time.
>>
>>70645924
Yeah, it's going to be bretty good next season. I'm wondering where they will take the storyline about them having to return to Russia. Obviously they won't be moving the show to Russia, but perhaps somewhere else in the US?
I was also surprised that the whole Pastor Tim and Alice plot turned out to be kind of a wet fart.
>>
>>70652436
>I was also surprised that the whole Pastor Tim and Alice plot turned out to be kind of a wet fart.
Oh this storyline is faaaaar from over, I'm sure of it.

>>70646563
I will be so upset if Arkady leaves the show. Hes one of the best characters.
>>
>>70645924
>You're a good son

what did they mean by this?
>>
Very calm and predictable. Everything that happened we could have guessed from the last episode. Still good however and finale scene was tense in its own way.
>>
I want to know if Misha can speak English or at least another language.

It will be hard to get into the States with only Russian
>>
>>70654016
It would be hilarious if he just knocks on the door with Russian only and Stan would be just watching there like; "what the fuck is going on over there?"
>>
i really like this show.

only thing that bugs me is when 90 pound girl beats up a 250 guy

i'd like her to sit on my face tho
>>
File: skullmoon.jpg (31 KB, 228x372) Image search: [Google]
skullmoon.jpg
31 KB, 228x372
>>70645924

>Would you like a Coke?
>>
File: thanks fam.png (211 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
thanks fam.png
211 KB, 720x400
>>70654214
I'd rather have a beer!
>>
>>70654307

STAN PLS

I JUST BOUGHT THAT

IT WAS THE LAST ONE

STAN

STAN

блять!
>>
>>70654171
>only thing that bugs me is when 90 pound girl beats up a 250 guy

most of the time Liz blindsides half her opponents, and if your fight instructor pretty much raped you as part of your training you'd fight like the dickens so it never happened again.

Also holy shit that fucking blowout goddamn Redskins what were you thinking?
>>
>>70653357
They mean "bullshit, but nice cover"
>>
>Thanks
>for the
>beer
;_;
>>
Everything about this show is great.
>>
>>70654214
>dat laugh

I'm going to miss him ;__;
>>
How would you rank the seasons?

2 > 4 > 3 > 1

All at least 9/10 after S1
>>
>>70657132

Man it's so hard to rate them, i remember not liking the climax of who killed the Russian agents but at the same time that gay Army dude was one hell of a challenger.

I think 3 has a lot more stronger episodes though.
>>
>>70657274
I think S1 was easily the weakest and the show came into its own in S2. S1 was decent, but if it wasn't for the excellent finale I might have lost interest.
>>
>Arkady gone
>Oleg gone
>scientist dude dead as fuck
Two of those don't even have a good reason for leaving. Next season better make it worth them leaving.
>>
>>70657515
Maybe they're going to have more scenes in Russia?
>>
>>70657482
S1 is the weakest because it had almost no actual spy stuff. They clearly realized it when they had S2 open up with a big covert operation with other agents.

>>70657549
I fucking hope so. I don't like the idea of the Russian half of the show being with that woman who isn't very interesting and new characters who might not be as cool as Arkady and Oleg.
>>
>>70645924
Honestly mildly disappointed. No montage. Was really fucking looking forward to the montage.

Apart from that:
>is Leg just cut now? Don't know where they can go with him from here
>similar with Arkady unless they have him killed as a parallel to Gaad which, eh
>that fucking horror movie vibe on the last shot of their house, unexpected awesome shit
>dylan baker
>DYLAN
>FUCKING
>BAKER

tl;dr I found this very slightly anticlimactic but nothing's going to stop me being hype as fuck for the final season.
>>
>>70657549
>>70657600
If they do actually have more Russia stuff, I hope they make it interesting/relevant. Nina's scenes there were a complete waste.
>>
>>70657482
>S1 was decent, but if it wasn't for the excellent finale

That Joues Sans Frontieres montage is honestly my pick for the best use of music in a TV show I've ever seen. It's so on-the-nose it borders on cringeworthy but it works so incredibly fucking well that it breaks through its own obviousness to become genius.
>>
>>70657887
There's actually two more seasons
>>
So what's the betting that the show ends with Philip turning in with the FBI and him having a showdown with Elizabeth? He clearly did not want to leave to Russia and I think Elizabeth is too loyal to turn traitor.
>>
>>70657979
For real?

Then my hype is made both more shallow and more broad.
>>
>>70658014
Yeah

Season 6 will only be 10 episodes though, so 23 episodes left in total.
>>
>Gaad dead
>William dying
>Arkady expelled
>Oleg going home
>Nina executed
>Pastor Tim still alive

Fuck this show man
>>
>>70657989
What I got from the finale was that Elizabeth was nowhere near as into the idea of going back to the USSR as she herself would have assumed she would be. Like, confronted with the reality of the prospect, she understands what that would mean for Paige and Henry and she's way less cool with it than she would have expected.

I think that's what was going on with the bit early in the ep where she talks with Philip about Smolensk and how she expects it's very different now. When she says that, she's talking about technological progress etc. When Philip says Yeah but nah, he's talking about they'll still drag you into some cell and shoot you in the fucking head for not getting with the program to their satisfaction. My impression is that's not something she's allowed herself to really think about.

>>70658065
Awesome. Only three fewer episodes in exchange for an extra year, thank you based god.
>>
>>70645924
I liked it, it was pretty muted like this whole season, but the pressure is building. Two more seasons to go, right?
>>
>>70652553
100% more Alice fuckery next season, you see the way the camera panned and zoomed toward her this episode?
>>
>>70653357
It's something fathers say to their sons, you wouldn't know.
>>
>>70657887
If the head of the residentura (Arkady?) is being deported, they won't let Oleg leave as well, the place would fall apart.
>>
Philip and Elizabeth and the kids are going to get a bad ending by the end of the series and it's going to be glorious and sad
>>
>>70653357
When Arkady said it to Leg I thought it was super heavy-handed I Have Enjoyed Being Your Surrogate Father Figure shit. Once KGBfu said it to Leg again, I assumed it was some Russian phrase or something. Like, think 'good ole boy' or some shit like that, only they were obviously exploiting it for the Arkady scene and then using it as an ironic counterpoint - when Leg tells KGBfu "That's what Arkady said", she's clearly wounded by the fact that he told Arkady first and that's obviously meant to underscore the surrogate father-son relationship jazz.

tl;dr I assume it's some Russian stock phrase they're using to help with delineating Leg's arc for the closer of the season.
>>
>>70658470

I think there's a bad ending in store for Philip, Elizabeth, and Stan. I think Philip will get the least bad ending of everyone though. Philip is the only character who sees the big picture, he's the only one who seems to listen to his conscience. He'll probably get some sort of bittersweet ending. Not sure what will happen to the kids.
>>
>>70658574

Yeah, I assumed it was a common Russian phrase too based on the way they both said it.
>>
Breaking/dislocating all of what's-her-face's joints so they can shove her in the suitcase is still the show's all time greatest moment.
>>
>>70658791
Oh yeah! Elizabeth should teach Paige to do that.
>>
>>70658574
>>70658774
they're saying he is a good son because he is going home to be with his depressed mother

you guys are fucking dumb
>>
>>70658843
Yeah I mean that's the like Level 0 meaning but I'm thinking that at Level 1 it's Arkady acknowledging their surrogate father-son relationship and at Level 2 it's being used to draw a line under Leg's relationship with KGBfu. Since it would be slightly hacky to just have some random turn of phrase be the tool the writers use to do that, I assume that there's some common Russian phrase that they used to do that, since 'slightly hacky' is a little bit below the standard I've come to expect from the show. Could well be wrong, just saying what I think.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.