[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>From my point of view the Jedi are evil! What did he mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Anakin_on_Mustafar.jpg (103 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Anakin_on_Mustafar.jpg
103 KB, 800x600
>From my point of view the Jedi are evil!
What did he mean by this?
No, seriously. The Jedi never did anything remotely evil.
>>
>>70645544

disclaimer: i havent watched a starwars film for like 8 years

Anyway, I think the jedi are pretty shady. Stuffl ike unlimited jurisdiction, TONS of diplomatic wrangling and manipulation, refusal to compromise, etc etc. I can understand why someone would be wary of a group of deadly killing machines with unbeatable weapons who answer to no-one, frequently break local laws, try to control foreign governments and wear shifty-looking outfits.
>>
>>70645544
Anakin thought that by forbidding him to love, the Jedi were evil.
Without context, telling people they can't express their emotions or they go to hell is pretty evil.
>>
>>70645652
this response is a meme.

Just goes to show that even if we are governed but moral pure heroes people will still be dissatisfied for some reason.
>>
>>70645693
couldn't he have chosen to not be a jedi?
>>
>>70645748

That would be fine if the Jedi were confined to their own planets, but they regularly mess aroudn with other goverments and races without regard to their opinions.

No matter how nice they may be, its still wrong for them to force their rules and ideals on others. And of course no man is infallible, and a few bad Jedis could singlehandedly destroy a government - a worrying Sword Of Damocles.
>>
File: Lucasd.png (58 KB, 133x183) Image search: [Google]
Lucasd.png
58 KB, 133x183
>>70645544
From the Chancellor's position, as well as the Galaxy's and Anakin's (who was affiliated with him) Mace Windu started a coup against the leader of the Republic based on religion (since they didn't have proof that Sith Palpatine = Theoretical Puppet-Master of the CIS, which is why Mace says that Sheev would win in the court of law). And that's terrible.

ROTS as whole is a futuristic-curtained allusion to the fall of Roman Republic and the rise of Julius dynasty.
>>
>>70645748
You're life is a meme.
>>
>>70645787
No, he couldn't. He was with the Order in first place because Qui-Gon tried to sell the idea that the boy is the Chosen One of the Jedi mythos. Even if he refused joining the Jedi, they wouldn't just let a potentially most powerful forceuser in the galaxy to simply go around with a risk of becoming a Dark Jedi or even getting into Sith hands. They'd probably send Annie into Agricorps if not for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.
>>
>>70645822
weak bantz
>>
>I have the moral high ground because your moral compass has been destroyed and I still know right from wrong.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>70645652
Yea but anakin gave zero fucks about that
I mean if jedi are evil because they are abitrary and powerful then an empire is like double evil
>>
>>70645544
The Jedi never fixed his mommy issues and when he indirectly asked Yoda about what he could do after seeing that his wife was going to die just like his mother Yoda's wisdom was basically "lol that sucks but u cant do nething just lern 2 b urself and let go :^)"
>>
>>70645787
He was just a stupid kid when Qui-Gon snatched him from his mother, who he left on Tatooine to be killed and probably also raped by sandpeople because apparently it was moral to try to use a mind trick to cheat Watto out of a part with Republic funny money but not moral to just tell him he's freeing the slaves and if Watto has a problem he's getting a lightsaber shoved up his ass despite it being established that Qui-Gon is a Jedi master with no respect for the rules.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.