[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone fill me in on why normies love this movie so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (128 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128 KB, 1920x1080
Can someone fill me in on why normies love this movie so much?

I could barely make it through the trailer.
>>
>>70644024
Because they have never experienced true exploitation cinema.
>>
It's garbage but this song is excellent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY
>>
>>70644024
It's a big piece of garbage. It's an 80s parody made by people who only saw other 80s parodies. Soundtrack is excellent tho, Mitch Murder is one of the best in the synthwave scene. If you want a good 80s "parody" play Farcry Blood Dragon. Michael Biehn is fucking spot on.
>>
>>70644128
>>70644255
I hope an actual decent movie decides to use synthwave in the future. And put the 80s aesthetic to good use.
>>
>>70644442
the aesthetic is only for memes my friend
>>
>>70644024
dude some thing or other lmao
>>
>>70644024

Because they are not cucks, you are, so you can't enjoy the movie.
>>
>>70644024
/tv/ has shit taste thread?
>>
>>70644114
some examples of true exploitation cinema?
>>
>>70644024
Because they aren't self-righteously jaded like you are.
>>
>>70644926
>liking kung fury
fresh off the boat?
>>
>>70644926
Spotted the redditor.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 277x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 277x245
Because people are just now jerking off all over the 80s. Turbo Kid is fucking miles above Kung Shitter, but Turbo Kid is just an underrated hidden gem on Netflix, while Kung Memes has been of the trending category for god knows how long. Seriously, why does turbo kid, an actual original 80s style movie that subtly tips it's hat at the time period that you've actually needed to live in to get most of the subtle queues, over everyone's head, but this fucking stupid memefest written by a bunch if faggot hipster 20 year olds that just goes, "LOL EXAGGERATED ACTION COPS TIGERS COCAIN FLASHING LIGHTS SYNTH MUSIC", gets way more recognition? I fucking hate normies and their shit taste.
>>
>>70644442

>it follows
>>
>>70646167
Turbo Kid is fucking perfect
>>
>>70646167
I feel you man. I was hanging out with some friends a few days ago when one of them pulled up the song in >>70644128
I said something about how I couldn't stand Kung Fury, and all my friends were surprised and going on about how it was great. They asked what I didn't like about it. I said it was just the same joke for 30 minutes and that Turbo Kid was way fucking better. Of course none of them had heard of Turbo Kid.

I do like the aesthetics of Kung Fury though. The story, characters and comedy all suck unfortunately.
>>
>>70644024
>movie
Its fun 20 minute youtube video Jesus Christ
>>
>>70647644
It's not fun, and it's about 30 minutes long.
>>
>Omg i love the 80s haha :)
>>
It's easy "nerdy" jokes, it's short, and they could watch it on youtube. It's built for the internet community.
>>
>>70644255
Blood dragoon is the fucking same than kung fury
>>
>>70647572
Turbo kid was fucking gay you nerd lol
>>
refuse to watch it after being suckered into buying the game because i thought it was a double-dragon clone.
>>
>>70647809
>Blood dragoon is the fucking same than kung fury
Could you try that post again please? What you just posted makes no sense.
>>
It's entrylevel shit, for people who think that the 80s was something it wasn't.
>>
It's the Big Bang Theory of 1980s nostalgia.
>>
>>70644024

>That's my bicep.

Epic writing.
>>
wtf i hate the 80's now
>>
>>70647945
Over-hated for no reason?
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 326x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 326x236
>>70648044
>over-hated

https://youtu.be/Il_asp-0lq4
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.