[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Come on /tv/, what are your parents favourite films?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: family movies.jpg (258 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
family movies.jpg
258 KB, 940x627
Raised by patricians or plebians?
>>
File: left_is_dad_right_is_mom.jpg (281 KB, 1097x809) Image search: [Google]
left_is_dad_right_is_mom.jpg
281 KB, 1097x809
>>70641919
>>
2001 a space odyssey
Ironically my dad is very plebs outside of this opinion
>>
shrek mom
tGBU dad
>>
The Searchers for dad
Meet me in St. Louis for mom
>>
>>70641919
My father's favorite film is LOTR trilogy
My mother has the same opinion
So do I
Best family
>>
Mom's is Overboard or Shawshank Redemption.
Dad's is probably something like lotr or the matrix
>>
Mom loves Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, Fatty Arbuckle and Rudolph Valentino movies. She said she's seen everything on TCM already but that really just means she's seen all the forgotten 30s romantic comedies.

Dad's favorite is Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. Likes those kinds of sentimental-masculine films like that, Spielberg's adult movies and American Sniper and whatnot
>>
Idiocracy for my dad
Terminator 2 for my mom
>>
I shit you not
>>
Dad's favorite movies were nic cage trilogy
>>
Mom loves "The Way We Were"

Not sure what my dad's favorite movie is desu. He doesn't talk about it a lot.
>>
How come every American spelling of a word is wrong because you spell it like ur saying it, rather than writing it, except MUM?
>>
Dad's favorite is Lonesome Dove

Mom's favorite is Gone With The Wind
>>
>>70642613
I don't follow, American's don't say "mum"
>>
>>70641919
I'm the first generation of my family that even watches tv or films. The rest are completely disinterested.

Grew up out in the country, so when not outdoors, everyone read books or played piano for indoor entertainment. Once in a while, my grandfather or father would put a record on their turntable, and play a symphony or opera, and everyone would sit somewhere comfortable, and just listen all the way through it, only speaking or getting up to refresh the drinks when it was time to flip the record.

More like equestrian, I suppose.
>>
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Sense and Sensibility
>>
dad: butch cassidy and the sundance kid
mom: a matter of life and death

My parents were art directors for various advertising agencies during the 1970s and 1980s so are incredibly patrician. My favourite film is GI Joe Rise of the Cobra
>>
File: enemy-mine.jpg (225 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
enemy-mine.jpg
225 KB, 1280x720
My dad loved Enemy Mine and a lot of the other 80s sci-fi films. Mum loves pretty much everything Maggie Smith is in.

>>70642522
>Terminator 2 for my mom
woah
>>
>>70642764
that sounds boring and gay
>>
File: 233032.jpg (110 KB, 726x1024) Image search: [Google]
233032.jpg
110 KB, 726x1024
I don't know about my mother, but my dad's is pic related. Pretty patrician imo
>>
>>70642317
he was as pleb as they come with 2001 as his favourite
>>
My dad likes Bruce Lee so anything with him in it I guess.
My mom likes Speed, and anything else with Sandra Bullock.
>>
My mothers favourite is Hogo Fogo Homolka
>>
File: cia.jpg (3 MB, 4874x3584) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
3 MB, 4874x3584
>>70642822
you should ask your mother anon, you can't live without knowing which miss congeniality she likes best.
>>
moms is die hard
dads is its a wonderful life

mine is blade runner
>>
>mom
The Big Chill

>dad
The Shootist

Patrician as fuck.
>>
>>70642892
Yeah, just asked her and it's Awakenings. Nice taste too, but she doesn't watch a lot of movies, that's why i didn't know.
>>
I havent seen my dad since 2003, but I remember he liked war movies and James Bond.
My father-in-law's fav is Top Gun
My mom's fav must be Midnight Express
>>
File: brad pit.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
brad pit.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
>>70642923
>his parents have better taste than him
>>
>>70642822
>Luc Besson
>"Patrician"
>>
>>70641919
>Dad: Apocalypse Now, 1979
>Mom: Pride and Prejudice 2005
>>
Dad: Dirty Harry
Mum: Dirty Dancing
Been a while since I asked them but as far as I know, these are their favourites.
>>
>>70642818
kek pleb confirmed
>>
The Last of Mohicans, Ben-Hur and Lawrence of Arabia for my dad.

Pulp Fiction for my mom.
>>
Dr. Zhivago
>>
>>70642764
Did you grow up in the 40's?
>>
Rio Bravo
>>
dad: the good the bad and the ugly

mom: doesn't care really
>>
>>70642764
You were lucky.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.