[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Blood Meridian be one of the biggest and most visually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 1456808683112.jpg (106 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1456808683112.jpg
106 KB, 500x667
Could Blood Meridian be one of the biggest and most visually haunting masterpieces ever made? Can it be even be done?
>>
It could but it will never be adapted properly. Its too violent for the pleb audiences so it would never get an R rating.
>>
>>70637652
Someone said something before about a Mel Gibson adaptation. That could potentially be really great.
>>
I think it would quite well as an animated film. People are too snobby about animation though.
>>
>>70638311
They kill Indians in the book, not Jews. Mel just heard someone say "We need a director for that adaptation of that book about the gang that hunts and kills wild packs of..." and didn't wait to hear the end of the sentence before he shouted "I'LL DO IT!"
>>
>>70638397
This man is very very correct.
>>
it would have to be a mini series or else too many of the events would be rushed.
>>
Blood Meridian being epic unfilmable film is horse shit

t. person that has read the book 3 times

7-9 hour Tarr film with Chivo as DOP and it is practically done
>>
>>70638546

You just defeated your own post. Studios will never allow a 7 hour film and will cut the entire book down to a 2 hour shitfest that makes no sense and will add politically correct themes.

They can never make this movie because they're physically incapable.
>>
>>70638599
>Studios will never allow a 7 hour film.
Retard, pleb, or a retarded pleb?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111341/
and it is not the only one.

>Throws in a random PC angst.
U need to stop using 4chan that much
>>
>>70638690
>implying a Blood Meridian adaptation in this day and age that is 7 hours,with the budget it would require,and Tarantino directing would ever be greenlit
>>
>>70639607

>and Tarantino directing
>>
>>70639607
... yea theres nothing really in blood meridian that would benefit from tarantino. You'd need someone completely straight to direct, like eastwood. Of course eastwood directing a western would be a bit too on-the-nose.
>>
>>70638546
Reading blood meridian even once is a sign of pretty shit taste. Reading it three times is a sign of mental deficiency.
>>
A miniseries on HBO would work.
>>
>>70639975
Good god you're a pleb.
>>
>>70639607

you have to be kidding. tarantino's only sklll is as a writer. jackie brown wasn't terrible, but there's a reason he hasn't done another adaptation since then.

tarantino would be awful for blood meridian.
>>
how is reading a book once a sign of shit taste? you don't know if you truly like a book or not until you've read it.
>>
>>70637524
>he fell for the blood meridian is good meme
>>
>>70642516
blood meridian is a fucking /lit/ meme and you fell for it
>>
This was one of the hardest books I've ever read and I read a lot
>>
>>70637524

what does the epilogue mean tho?
>>
>>70639975
Who called the pleb patrol?
>>
>>70642694
Blood Meridian is a great book. So yes, I read a great book.
>>
>>70642702
war never changes
>>
>>70638546
>7-9 hour Tarr film
Are you talking about done in Tarr's style? Because that's retarded.
>>
John Goodman as the judge
>>
>>70642702
fences bro
you gotta look after the fences
>>
1960's Lee Van Cleef as Glanton
1970's Brando as the Judge
>>
File: 1463443136813.gif (498 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1463443136813.gif
498 KB, 350x197
>>70637524

It can easily be done, but if it be be done perfectly is a completely different matter.

The film HAS to be NC-17

It has to show all gore, violence and nudity that was present in the book.

Hollywood will never have the balls to show infants getting smashed against the ground, will never show the judge naked with the retard and the loli indian, showing the Indians getting absolutely btfo.

On top of that james Franco is trying to get his filthy little hands on the movie.

If it does come out, expect it to be shit
>>
>>70642973
>showing the Indians getting absolutely btfo
let's be honest here, they give as good as they get
>>
A proper adaptation could never be done. The scope necessary to properly represent the book would require a huge budget and making it big budget would include adding the influence of people who would make it shit.
>>
>>70642696
Hard in what way?

The only thing I find difficult about McCarthy is his lack of quotation marks. Makes it hard to follow at times.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n4o5l3y6h11qdxv7h.png (138 KB, 247x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n4o5l3y6h11qdxv7h.png
138 KB, 247x320
>>70642694

Actually got me

9/10
>>
>>70643054

They will show the indians getting btfo no problem. What they wont show is the indians brutalizing and sodomizing the white men.
>>
>>70643159
It was pretty hard to follow. Another thing I had a problem with was the extensive usage of archaic words (I can't think of any right now but I remember having to fucking google shit since english isn't my first language)
>>
>>70638690

>uses a fucking independent Hungarian film from over 20 years ago as evidence that a mainstream bigtime hollywood studio would throw all of their weight behind a 7 + hour film that literally filled with nothing but killing Indians, rape, and crushing baby skulls

yeah sure bud, good luck with that.
>>
>>70643253

You mean like in the Revenant?
>>
>>70642696
t. redditor
>>
>>70643702

They showed indians sodomizing?
>>
Terrence Malick would do it justice.

>tfw no malick blood meridian with ryan gosling as the kid
>>
>>70644122
Blood Meridian/McCarthy's philosophy is pretty much antagonist to Terry's.

No way he could do it justice and I love Terry.
>>
>>70643977
the comanche massacre whites a couple times, the main episode involves sodomizing the living and the dead both. along with the baby-smashing, live scalping etc. etc.
>>
>>70644122
Fuck off.

>Shot of animals
>Shot of sun shining through leaves
>Voice over starts droning on about existentialism and love
>>
>>70644630

Interesting. Gotta rewatch.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.