[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the phantom menace used to be loved What changed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
>the phantom menace used to be loved
What changed?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw
>>
>>70636265
>PM was 16 years after RoTJ
>PM was 16 years ago
>>
>>70636583
Phantom Menace was 17 years ago.
>>
>>70636613
Don't you ever fucking reply to me unless you have something to contribute to the thread
>>
We evolved to praise other forms of star wars trash. Modernized trash to represent this new generation.
>>
>>70636217
He's lying or in denial. Plenty of fanboys let their hype overtake their judgement, and many still do.
Once it had time to sink in, The prequels were hated when they came out.

The most you got was people going the next one wouldn't be so bad; a feeling that gradually drained away as time went on.
>>
>Harry 'Human Blimp' Knowles
>Harry 'Married to Yoko Ono' Knowles
>Harry 'Integrity' Knowles
>Harry 'Loved '97 Godzilla' Knowles
>Harry 'Send me Pwesents I'll give you good weviews' Knowles
>Harry 'All reports say that he smells like piss and shit' Knowles
>Harry 'Got lapband surgery and is still so fat he uses a wheelchair' Knowles
>Harry 'Kickstarter Scammer' Knowles

I don't know anon, maybe nothing changed.
>>
It was never loved. I was there. I remember. People HATED it.
>>
>>70638030
Go on, anon
>>
>>70636217
That was the trailer.

We were all hyped after the trailer.

Then we all saw the movie.

i don't get what's hard to understand about this.
>>
>>70638437
Totally agree. The trailer looked so much better. I fucking hate JJ for misrepresenting his shitty film like that. TFA sucks Rancor balls.
>>
>>70638437

This.

Some nerd brought a VHS copy of the trailer in to the bar I worked in at the time and the whole place stood around cheering as we played it back a few times. Never been so hyped by a trailer.

Roll on a few months and I'm sitting in the cinema cringing.
>>
>>70638437
/thread
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.