[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
What went wrong?
>>
>>70635857
Vice.

New season was pretty good though.
>>
Side-characters got too much screen-time and everone got crazier as time went on.
>>
S2 and S3 are GOAT, the rest is shit.
>>
It went from spy comedy show with wink wink nudge nudge humor to THANKS FOR WATCHING REDDIT!! PAM IS EPIC!
>>
Archer was being humanized with every episode meanwhile everyone else got worse.

>Lana stealing Archer's semen
>Lana testing Archer as a father
>Archer paying for Cyril's bastard
>>
>>70636216
:-) This desu.
>>
File: Boosh.jpg (148 KB, 460x343) Image search: [Google]
Boosh.jpg
148 KB, 460x343
They stopped Frisky Dingo
>>
>>70635857
while new settings and arcs continued to be good, they eventually fell into the trap that made their reoccuring jokes get old
"you know what was funny, when he said thats how you get ants. lets put that in every episode, make it louder, more ridiculous, and have him scream LAAAAANAAAA before it"
>>
Between "Phrasing" "Danger Zone" "Cocaine" and "Look Pam is fat but don't mess with her!" They ran so many jokes into the ground oh and that chick being mega rich
>>
Oh and bringing that girl back as a cyborg. I felt really bad when she died, seems like the show was darker then now it's no better than family guy (at least when I last watched Vice)
>>
>>70636336
And Maximum Overdrive
>>
Became too aware of itself.
>>
>>70636336

This.

I still like the show but it's very catchphrasey now which drives me insane.
>>
Everything gets old after 3-4 seasons.

Still like it though
>>
So what contrivance/shitting writting are they going to use to bring Archer back from the dead ?
>>
>>70635857
>ran out of ideas
>focused so much on the core 8 characters
>archer stopped being an asshole and became just plain annyoying
>over reliance on unfunny running jokes with no good new material
>>
Flandarization of the side-characters,
>>
File: 9042874_300x300.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
9042874_300x300.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>70636465
>He actually watched past the Archer Vice season.

So what's new with Reddit?
>>
>>70636434
>now
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.