[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf! i hate republicans now!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1000x1000
wtf! i hate republicans now!
>>
The newsroom really makes you think huh?
>>
>>70635243
Is it good?
>>
>>70635274
I watched first episode and thought it was OK. Watched second episode and dropped it
>>
>>70635274
Me, my wife and her son love it
>>
>>70635243
Good show, but I knew coming in that Sorkin is a hopeless liberal so the bias didn't bother me.
>>
Friendly reminder that democRATS founded KKK, among other things.
>>
>>70635777
but those were in the days when democrats were conservative
>>
>>70635777

>Lincoln frees the slaves
>Racist Republicans become Democrats
>LBJ passes the civil rights act
>Racist Dixiecrats become Republicans

Symmetry. Pottery. Bravo George.
>>
>>70635274
First season is comfy, second and third are really dumb. That second one in particular is garbage.
>>
File: 3005997.jpg (81 KB, 250x281) Image search: [Google]
3005997.jpg
81 KB, 250x281
why would you watch that when west wing exists
>>
>>70636254
You can tell that The West Wing had the full backing and resources of a major network at its disposal. The Newsroom looks really cheap compared to it. HBO is a bunch of cheapskates.
>>
>>70635243
Show was so deep thinking maaaaaan.
>>
>>70636254
Newsroom has more waifus
>>
Why did that young hotshot dump the brunette? She was cuter
>>
File: Olivia Munn (71).jpg (55 KB, 635x756) Image search: [Google]
Olivia Munn (71).jpg
55 KB, 635x756
Sorkin has a lot of flaws but I'll never get tired of his idealism and "things matter!" ethos. I see a lot of hate for him on /tv/ because of his politics (soapbox, leftist) and dialogues (recycled, unnatural, walk and talk formula), but I never see anyone attacking his amazing work on narrative structure, plot development, character psychology... his ability to introduce small elements or use of parables which can reveal themselves to carry great emotional and thematic meaning in clever and subtle ways... his sophisticated sense of humor and lack of vulgarity and cynicism... his masterful understanding of power struggles, legal aspects, inner workings of major institutions... If only there were more writers like him, able to make a simple conversation feel like an apocalyptic setpiece, or simply more writers with genuine human warmth and moral weight who can make me care about characters as deeply as I do with his.
>>
>>70635243

stop stealing our memes

t. /int/
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.