[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exprain to me again why the Republic are the good guys and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (352 KB, 981x1160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352 KB, 981x1160
Exprain to me again why the Republic are the good guys and the CIS are the bad guys?
>>
>>70632616
they aren't, palatine was manipulating both sides
>>
I don't know

I don't understand why simply not wanting to be a part of the Republic was worth setting the whole galaxy on fire over

Separatists just wanted to govern themselves. Trillions of people died because the Republic didn't want to let them.

Of course arguing the merits or ideologies of CIS vs. Republic is pointless seeing as both sides were being manipulated by our beloved Sheev

False flag attacks left and right to keep the justification for war going
>>
The Republic's side had the Jedi. And that made them the good side. Why would the CIS have the Sith on their side if they weren't the bad side?

Admittedly, the CIS had actual reasons for leaving the Republic but then started building an army and shit just got out of hand.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 400x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 400x367
>>70632616
Shit lord
>>
>>70632616
The Clone Wars are completely inconsequential.

Just one of the reasons the prequels failed.
>>
File: DIE CIS SCUM.jpg (138 KB, 400x367) Image search: [Google]
DIE CIS SCUM.jpg
138 KB, 400x367
>>70632962
>>
>>70632955
>The Republic's side had the Jedi. And that made them the good side.

Why?
>>
>>70632935
Tax cut, independance, corruption within the Republic over 1000 years of peace.
Apparently not having the Sith fuck shit up every generation is was the worst thing to have happened to it. Even though it was at that time period where some of the best Jedi ever lived.

The one thing that still makes no fucking sense to me is Jango and how no one connected him.
>the original guy whom all the clones are created is suspected of attempted murder and is found on a planet building an army that is mysteriously removed from the archives
>following the trail of this suspect leads to the CIS building an army with the help of the Sith
>Said suspected bounty hunter hangs around a well known Sith
>he even gets killed
>no one sees the obvious connection between the clones and the Sith
>>
File: orson.jpg (45 KB, 667x399) Image search: [Google]
orson.jpg
45 KB, 667x399
>>70633007
Because the Genocide against the Sith 1000 years earlier.

>YFW the Jedi's only modern day equivalent is the Taliban.
>>
>>70632860
>>70632935
>>70632955
>>70632962
All wrong

>>70632871
Only guy who is right. It's all false flagging to deprive people from their rights (sounds like something that happened in the US).
The Prequels are fucking exquisite critics of the war on the ME. Shame it was all too "intelligent" for kids and manchilds.
>>
seemed like a conflict about nation worlds wanting to leave a union of other worlds would be inevitable with or without an mysterious evil doer in a black cloak manipulating the whole situation.
and how exactly does a UN of a whole galaxy not have an army in the first place?
>>
File: Michel Foucault.jpg (15 KB, 244x300) Image search: [Google]
Michel Foucault.jpg
15 KB, 244x300
>>70633007
>Why?
Don't ask stupid question. Selflessness is always a sign of virtue. How can the Jedi be evil?

Although the corruption of the Senate and Republic was not something the Jedi had any authority over and could not fix. It's funny, the Jedi were always the ones who would destroy the Republic with their wars with the Sith but lack of destroying the Republic is what made it destroy itself and the Jedi.
>>
>>70633034
not to mention well know sith lord explains the whole situation to obi wan and papatine's manipulation.
>>
>>70633076
>and how exactly does a UN of a whole galaxy not have an army in the first place?
Why would you need an army after 1000 years of peace? The only reason an army kept being made was to destroy the Sith whenever they showed themselves. Most planets had their own warships but never really went at war with each other.
>>
>>70633056
Not really.

Making a fantasy version of a real life situation is hardly an 'exquisite [critique]".
>>
>>70633140
That too
>by the way, the Senate is being manipulated and controlled from within somehow
Though, obviously, no one could have suspected a Sith becoming Chancelor. That's seriously insane. Through almost all of history, the Sith have almost always just destroyed everything head on, so it's understandable that the Jedi never suspected someone high up to be a Sith. All the information that got was that the Senate was being controlled somehow by a Sith and you couldn't really take that info as being legit since the Sith are notorious liars.
>>
>>70633076
Why would the Republic have an army?

Every world worth a damn is in it,
>>
File: Maces.jpg (70 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
Maces.jpg
70 KB, 400x550
>>70632962
a SHIT. LORD?
>>
>>70633248
Why would the Euro have an army?
>>
The Yuuzhan Long invasion was imminent so Palpatine accelerated his plans for the formation of a united militaristic Empire. Thrawn knew this.
>>
>>70633335
Because there are hundreds of nations not in the EU.
>>
>>70633043

The genocide was orchestrated by one of their own though.
>>
>>70633341
That's apologetic bullshit. The Sith only care about power, not protecting the galaxy.
>>
>>70633364
>Revan almost caused the Jedi to be eradicated both times
>>
>>70633375

Yeah, and if they didn't protect said people there would be nothing left to rule over. It was a galactic extinction level event.
>>
>>70633405
>guys trust us, all the shit we did was for your own good, we knew shit was about to happen and we we not only just evil but a necessary evil so it's all cool, right?

I just think that the events weird coincided. And if Kotor 2 got anything right, it's that the Force doesn't just move in mysterious ways but made them happen for a reason.
>>
>>70633390

>YFW every purge of both the Jedi and Sith was actually orchestrated from within their own faction.

Force users are fucking retarded.
>>
>>70633449
The galaxy is literally being destroyed from both sides and both sides both try to destroy their own side from within every time. And they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.

I honestly really love Star Wars as a fantasy setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2ifpzVEgg
>>
>>70632616
I've been saying this for years

Having a slave army of clones that you force to go out and be disposable for you is strictly a bad guy thing. Back when I first watched the originals I had always thought that the Clone Wars would be some sort of big war AGAINST clones. What the fuck was Lucas thinking with this shit? The good guys wouldn't be good guys if they spent the whole time killing cloned people instead of robots? They spent the whole first three movies murdering people by the thousands, and they WEREN'T clones

What a mess
>>
File: 2342352.png (4 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
2342352.png
4 KB, 241x209
What happened to the CIS after RotS?

We see Anakin kill all of their leaders, but they were the leaders that Sidious controlled.
You would think that without those corrupt leaders, the CIS would be even stronger.
And with the Jedi dead, the Republic military would be substantially weaker.

What gives?
>>
>>70632962
I always wondered whatever happened to this creature
>>
>>70633318
underrated post
>>
>>70633555
Anakin shut down all the droids in the ep 3 game. This is why, in Battlefront 2, that bug that Anakin didn't kill comes back and activates the droids again. The CIS essentially went into disarray, without leaders or an army, with the Empire's boot everywhere, there's not much it could have done.

I personally like the game much more than the movie. It feels complete.
>>
>>70633540
I actually think it's great. People say George never played with grey morality, but having the Jedi become actual generals and use clone soldiers that literally cannot disobey orders showed how far the Jedi Order had fallen from its lofty ideals, just like the Senate

The idea is solid, but he handled it poorly

Yoda should have objected to getting involved in the war, and had some Jedi join him in abstaining. Other Jedi like Mace and Anakin should have had their own pro-war faction, causing a rift within the Jedi order. Yoda would ultimately become so disillusioned with the war that he'd fuck off to Degobah willingly, and that's why he escaped order 66 or something.

I can accept the Jedi being so lost that they go to war and use clones
I just can't accept Yoda going along with it
>>
>>70633555
Without the Droid Army to back them Tarkin put the boot to them.
>>
>>70633642
What do you mean 'without the droid army'?
>>
>>70633555
the systems that were controlled by the CIS were taken over by the empire. papatine just stepped in control after he had all of the leaders assassinated.
>>
>>70633076
>and how exactly does a UN of a whole galaxy not have an army in the first place?

The republic is like the EU. Started off as an economic union, slowly became political. CIS is like Brexit, they wanted out but they were in too deep so the EU hired the Jedi (ISIS) to stop them. Both sides are controlled by Palpatine (Israel).
>>
>>70633633
I personally just can't accept Yoda accepting to have the Clone army.
Though, ep 2 made it clear as fuck, the Jedi, without an army get massacred. And Kotor 1 makes it obvious that the Republic, without the help of the Jedi, get massacred.

The Jedi and Republic always fought together. It's just that this trap should have made them pause for caution. In Kotor 1, they do this pause, knowing that they were being baited into war with the Mandalorians but I always felt that was just the writer bitching about how the Jedi should have seen Palpatine's plan and not jump immediately to war.
>>
>>70633528
It's true, did a star wars D&D once, and the voice acting I had to do was better then any D&D setting which just suck. Look at LotR and look at Star Wars, ANY OF THEM, the voice acting range of Star Wars is always amazing, I mean R2D2 alone is iconic, without ever being understood, on TOP of Chewbacca, and Yoda, and Darth Vader, C3-P0 on the low end of shit, Jabba, Sand People... it's all iconic even for none star wars people.
>>
>>70633633
See, my problem with that is that I don't think everything has to be morally grey Game of Thrones shit. Star Wars is your classic tale of good vs evil. In fact, I'd say it's THE tale of good vs evil. It's a fairy tale, that's what it's all about.

If Jedi got desperate, I think they'd just start recruiting people. The other side is literally run by evil wizards after all.

I just don't think a group of people like the Jedi would ever resort to enslaving a group of clones and forcing them to fight for them.
>>
File: alderaanshotfirst.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
alderaanshotfirst.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>70633715
>I personally just can't accept Yoda accepting to have the Clone army.

Not only that, but he's so gung-ho in using it. Like he doesn't even give it any second thought, just SEND IN THE CLONES I GUESS IT'S TIME TO START A WAR

Then later he's like "how regrettable"
Yes Yoda, yes it is

AROUND THE SURVIVORS A PERIMETER CREATE[/SPOILER]
>>
>>70633715
KotOR is basically a better version of the prequels.
>>
>>70633779
To be fair though, it did seem like your traditional war with the Jedi + Republic versus Cis + Sith like they have had many times in the past.
The clones were just basically human flesh droids. Which is somewhat ironic that both sides were being fought with literal and metaphorical droid armies.
>>
>>70633751
>See, my problem with that is that I don't think everything has to be morally grey Game of Thrones shit. Star Wars is your classic tale of good vs evil. In fact, I'd say it's THE tale of good vs evil. It's a fairy tale, that's what it's all about.

Yeah I agree. George was trying to do some commentary on the war in the middle east and how nobody is ever the good guy in war blah blah blah but it's like halfway through he pussied out, so it doesn't work

The Jedi/Republic are still presented as the good guys, even though it's very clear they're not. But George decided they kind of have to be, so he got lost trying to do too much and it just ends up a confused mess.
>>
>>70633696
That would take years, if it were possible at all.

Realistically, much of the Republic/Empire would defect and join the CIS after Palpatine took over.
>>
>>70633859
I think the crystallization of this flaw with the prequels is that infamous line from the opening crawl of III
>There are heroes on both sides

Despite all of the CIS characters we see being clearly villains, or at best cowards.

I guess the Banking Clan and the Techno Union could have been cool dudes, but we'll never know. Yet I guess they are heroes. TCW does actually show us some heroic CIS people, but it sure as shit isn't explored in the movies

The tone is just schizophrenic
>>
>>70633890
The majority of the Empire were still clones and were loyal to Palpatine. Leaving the Empire wouldn't have been possible.
>>
>>70633968
The clones weren't on every world.

And there were many non-clone leaders.
>>
>>70634006
The clones were still a very large army that no one could oppose.
>>
I did think it was odd. The republic is invading planets for simply not wanting to be part of the republic anymore. They weren't really the bad guys, they just had bad guys pulling strings, same as the republic. The reason the republic is more focused on as the good guys, is that they're the charge of the Jedi. Some of the games and that cartoon show show the heroes in both sides thing.
>>
>>70632935
>yfw this is the future of Britain not wanting to be part of the EU
>>
>>70634111
Grievous from the cartoon (not the 3D one) was such a badass.
I like the fact that the Sith were in small number but we as powerful, if not stronger, than the best Jedi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
>>
>>70632616
My dad once told me the political drama going on in the first 3 movies was actually an allegory of the US civil war. And like in the real war, there was never a genuine moral impetus for the Republic to force the CIS into capitulation. It was supposed to be a subtle redpill from Lucas.

That's just my dad's opinion, and I haven't watched the movies in years myself.
>>
>>70634301
There's definitely some of that going on too. It's like US Civil War mixed with War on Terror themes and after watching all of TCW you really start to wonder what Lucas' real personal politics are.

Considering his "white slavers" comment you're probably thinking in the right direction
>>
>>70634487
I don't think Lucas had much to do with TCW, he just approved it.

Like the Holiday Special.
>>
>>70635133
Are you stupid? Lucas literally funded tCW from his own pocket and was involved heavily in its story and development.
>>
>>70633341
NOT CANON
O
T

C
A
N
O
N
>>
I really wish The Clone Wars was actually based on clones and not Obi/Anakin/insert Jedi here garbage.

That one arc with the General who went AWOL and had the 212th and the 501st attack each other was the best part of the series, along with all the other episodes based on the clones
>>
From my pov the jidf is evil!
>>
>>70633576
and also very old.
>>
>>70638790
Only a Goyim speaks in absolutes.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.