[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started watching Archer. It's better than I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Project X Zone.png (920 KB, 902x513) Image search: [Google]
Project X Zone.png
920 KB, 902x513
I started watching Archer.

It's better than I thought it would be.
>>
>>70630360

It's meh, it's like Frisky Dingo but not as plot oriented and not as funny.
>>
>>70630360
It's nothing special. I watched the entire first season and I didn't think too much of any of it.
>that shitty almost-nudity
It pissed me off.
>>
>>70630495
>>70630816
I like the recurring jokes that keep referring to old episodes.
>>
>>70630954
>DANGER ZONE
It got old after the second time. About the only thing that kept my interest at all was the fat chick and the girl that liked being choked.
>>
>>70630954

Yeah thats Frisky Dingo except Frisky Dingo does it a lot better. Also Frisky Dingo is pretty non-PC because it was on really early as shit in the morning on Adult Swim so they could get away with more stuff.
>>
>>70630360

The season where they run cocaine sucks, just a heads up.
>>
>>70630360
I think that's everyone's opinion of Archer, barring season 5.
>>
>>70631185
It's worse than I thought it'd be. Normie humor at its finest.
>>
>>70630360
They should give krieger his own show
>>
So he's not actually dead right
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>70631090
hey im pam cocainnee cocainnee im pam cocainee lol so funny im eating cocaine

that was the entire season for me by the end it was driving me crazy how every episode revolved around her fucking everything up
>>
>>70630360
Shit man, I just want to see more of the hologram slut
>>
first season was goat
after that it slowly declined into a soap
>>
>>70632277
What is antagonists?
>>
>>70631686

>using normie as derogatory
>current year

Oh shut the fuck up already. Being a bitter NEET is never better than getting along with normal people and you know it. You just don't want to take the steps necessary to be a normal person because you're lazy and want to be a child forever.
>>
I realized a few weeks ago that Pam was my ideal woman and then on Memorial Day met a tall zaftig blonde (probably still closer to coke addicted Pam in body) drinking Jack on the rocks at my local bar. Drunkenly kissed a bit that night but then she stood me up last weekend. So close.
>>
Cherlene saved season 5
>>
>its another "the gang stands together in one location and yells really loud at each other"-episode
hehe, truely is a funny show...

first season was good, but it just declined steadily
>>
>>70630360
is this an every other day thing
>>
>>70633485
I'd say after the second season it gets way too self referential, bordering self obsessed. It repeats the same jokes over and over and over, even lines introduced in one episode get reused several times.

The people behind The Venture Bros clearly love their show too, but that translates to the big mythology and recurring cast, not the delusion that every line they write is so funny it deserves yelling a second time, and then a third.
>>
I think it stopped being consistently funny around season 3, and season 5 was pretty bad. Haven't seen since then.
That episode/series of episodes where Archer gets cancer and ends up getting revenge on the person and then it ends with a cutaway gag that drains it of all emotional impact will forever make me mad.
>>
>>70633942
season 2
magnum pi
>>
>>70633933
memes on air
>>
New season was okay, that cliff hanger was fucking stupid though..
>>
>>70633554
I'm probably going to regret asking this but what the hell is a normie?
>>
>>70634035
I get that it's an extended reference to that but the fact that it didn't just end and they had to throw in a gag that wasn't even funny upset me.
I get it's a comedy and not a drama but the episode hadn't been really funny up to that point, and that took away any depth that could have been there. Poor choice imo.
>>
>>70632195

Cancelled? Yes
Renewed? No
>>
It quickly goes downhill.
>>
>>70634140
It's you
>>
Just watch the first 3 reasons. It goes completely downhill after that
>>
>>70633796
>Drunkenly kissed a bit that night but then she stood me up last weekend. So close.
she must has more efficient providers than what she can expect from you.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.