[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preacher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
Wow /tv has never been so wrong. This is really gud
>>
I've never read the comics how does it compare?
>>
I haven't read the comics but damn this show is top tier.
>>
It's alright. Almost entirely carried by cassidy though
>>
>>70629174
He has experience carrying shows. See Misfits post S3
>>
>>70629174
He's based, but Tulip and Jesse ain't bad either.
>>
Pilot was fucking awful, the 2nd episode has been sitting on my HDD since it came out, should I give it a chance?
>>
>>70628907
It retains the shock value of the comics (except making the language PG13) and, so far, has dumped most of the themes, the main story line, and everything that made the comics worth making into a show.
I honestly don't know why producers bother paying for a license when they end up changing everything.
>>
>>70628907

Badly in my opinion, but other than the characters and broad idea it's not following them. Given time I feel it may be pretty good.
>>
Glad to hear it
>>
>>70629341
It's pretty good, better than the first.
>>
>>70629328
>Tulip
Christ that bitch makes me rock hard. But lets not take it serious that that waif could go hand-to-hand with anyone.
>>
>>70629385
How so? I read the series but have a hell of a time remembering anything from it.

They introduce the Saint of Killers, there's Cassidy, the weird fucking meat dude that fucks a mound of rotting meat. Seems a lot of the beats are there.
>>
File: oh gosh.png (28 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
oh gosh.png
28 KB, 500x223
I love southern accents so much. Been loving this show so far.
>>
Read a few issues and kinda got a general idea of the lore. The show seems alright. In the books he travels the world but I bet money wise its not possible. I don't think amc is going to dish out too much cash on something thats been in development hell.pun.
>>
>No Saint of Killers
No thanks.
>>
>>70630991
He was in the second episode
>>
>>70630991
>he wasnt paying attention
he hasnt shown up and blow the shit out of the entire annville police force yet but they're setting up his backstory
>>
Television shows are always better than their comics. Maybe shows stumble more but that's a given with the pressure of real people and what not.
>>
>>70629174
No it's not carried by the meme character. The preacher is extremely likable.
>>
>>70632595
Yeah, he is, the only problem I have is his backstory. That scene with his father was awful. But that's the only thing I disliked in the show for now, so, it's good.
>>
>>70632683
>That scene with his father was awful.
Felt like I was watching something on the level of CW Supernatural instead of AMC Kino.
>>
>>70629385
The story is too silly to be taken seriously so some alteration was necessary
>>
File: 1461881049551.jpg (78 KB, 455x427) Image search: [Google]
1461881049551.jpg
78 KB, 455x427
>>70632572
>Television shows are always better than their comics

Supergirl must be quite something in comics
>>
>>70628810
Good god you have shit taste. Go back to imdb. Everything about this show is bad.
>>
>>70632572
Arrow tv show is way worse than the comics now.
>>
>>70629341
2nd episode is already out?
>>
>>70633885
Aye, skipped a week for some reason. And it's competing with meme of thrones. I really hope it does well.
>>
>>70633459

Says the pleb
>>
>>70634022
tips fedora
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.