[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/ is this any good? Do they make it work? The mask looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: uf8hdznhij6kwybpdt8m.jpg (81 KB, 1388x770) Image search: [Google]
uf8hdznhij6kwybpdt8m.jpg
81 KB, 1388x770
Hey /tv/ is this any good? Do they make it work? The mask looks okay, not much they can do with "ghostface"
>>
Some of the worst acting and plot decisions I've ever seen. But as a scream fan it's interesting. Watched season one and was weirdly entertained.
>>
>>70628235
It's not nearly as satirical as the movies, it's more about teenagers being awful to eachother, and occasionally one gets butchered.
>>
>>70628535
So as a fan of the movies is it worth a watch?
>>
>>70629470
sure
>>
>>70628235

They get the horror and PTSD of living through an obsessed serial killer murdering your friends. So I give them props for that. But as the anon before me said, some of the acting is really fucking cringeworthy and even for such a meta series as Scream, the show can still be too meta about the tropes it invokes.

It's good quality for an MTV scripted show, which means it's barely okay for a regular show. For some reason MTV tends to have really shit shows, I mean sub past CW quality, that only last for a season and a half before getting canceled. Even if they don't care that much about having scripted shows, you'd think they'd try and get better talent so they'd avoid such a high turnover rate with their scripted shows.
>>
>>70629470
It is nothing like the movies, but it is somewhat entertaining. It's okay. Give it a chance.
>>
>bella thorne killed in the first 10 minutes
>follows some kike dike
>unrealistic portrayal of social media by gen x'ers

Besides that I think it's pretty good
>>
File: bex.jpg (154 KB, 468x616) Image search: [Google]
bex.jpg
154 KB, 468x616
>>70628235
>it's a "I fall in love with a butch lesbian" episode
fuck
>>
File: Noah_Foster.jpg (68 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
Noah_Foster.jpg
68 KB, 682x1024
>>70629582

You know Noah wants to hit it.
>>
>>70628235
Just finished the first season, and it was pretty bad, but not bad enough to get me to stop watching it. Its better than Scream 2 and 3, so that's something, but almost every character is an unlikable fuck, especially the MC.
Nerd is a pretty cool dude, and the dike is a cutie.
>>
>>70628235
Yes it's actually pretty good.
The plot is completely original but the formula is very familiar. It works.

Everyone here likes the movies because they were teens or preteens in the 90s and that aesthetic seemed cool. Now that they are older than the characters the MTV 2000s aesthetic seems lame or stupid, when in reality it is the perfect means of transposing the Scream idea into contemporary times
>>
>>70628235
I liked the first season. It was a pretty solid mystery, and it was aware of itself and exercised restraint so it was nicely paced. Towards the end the main character starts losing it and it becomes a lot more like Nightmare on Elm Street. And I was laughing my ass off when a kid cut cut in fucking half. It's got some pretty hot girls, too. It's pretty entertaining how the killer teases people on their cell phones, a lot more than the killers did in the movies.

I always thought the Scream movies were pretty stupid. The show does some "meta" stuff now and again, but it's not as cringy as the movies being meta.
>>
File: 1461015428627.jpg (30 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1461015428627.jpg
30 KB, 600x549
It's horrible. I barely made it halfway through season 1, and I'm a huge Craven fan.

It's like they're trying to do Scream, but dragging out the story to like 10 hours without any of the humor or gore (A TV-14 horror show, I mean really nigga?) that were staples of the series to at least keep it interesting.They make a joke early on about how the slasher format wouldn't work in a television format, and then proceed to prove the exact point they were trying to smugly trying to supersede. It's not well written or paced, the acting is bad, and in it's translation to the medium it also lost all of it's fun.

Shit just straight up sucks.

Short haired lesbian chick is kinda cute though.
>>
If you have nothing better to watch, it's mildly entertaining.
I finished it over a 3 month sitting because it was hard to keep watching at some points.

The killer twist at the end was decent enough though, as I didn't see it coming.
>>
I liked it, it's fun and entertaining if you're a fan of scream/slasher movies. Just expect a lot of teen drama too. The first ep of the second season was pretty good, gotta watch the second
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.