[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marco Polo - SEASON 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
Why isn't anyone discussing the trailer? I thought it looks bretty gud. Season one was alright, but if this is any indicator for the quality of the second season then I'm all aboard!

What are your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXfgvcJ5T8E
>>
>>70626439
For a show that should've been heavily historical, it flies way too heavily in the face of history to be genuinely enjoyable to me.
>>
I am hyped
>>
>>70626461
It's a wuxia show, not a historical documentary.

Rome was just as bad about its history, but its beloved by most of the board.
>>
>>70626439
I didn't watch the show very attentively, but I was in the room while people were watching it. The characters and story seemed bland, so it never really connected with me.

It is gorgeous and colourful. We had a new TV at the time and it really benchmarked the colours of the screen.

I did watch and love the Hundred Eyes special. Felt very much like an Avatar episode.
>>
File: 346666.jpg (165 KB, 700x627) Image search: [Google]
346666.jpg
165 KB, 700x627
WHERE IS MY LATIN
>>
Probably the second or third best show on Netflix, more people should be watching it. I heard they spent like 100 million on the first season.
>>
>>70626439
I'm not going to say I'm hyped by that trailer. But I'll watch it. I enjoyed the first season.
I wish they'd stick a little closer to history though.

Also blind kungfu cliche guy is one of the worse parts of the show.

>>70626570
Rome had a great balance, the events basically happened just everything regarding Polo and Vorenus was fake, and the whole Antony and Octavian's mom. Most of it though were events taken from history though.

Marco Polo, not so much. about the only things real are some of the major characters, however you don't see that many events play out. Even if they play out in a fictitious way.
>>
File: 7648568.jpg (32 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
7648568.jpg
32 KB, 630x354
RIP in peace sweet prince
>>
The problem is the main character is boring as shit
>>
File: 266666.jpg (200 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
266666.jpg
200 KB, 1000x800
>>70626958
he's a qt though
>>
>>70626958
you don't watch it for the white dude. he's only there because you can't get americans to watch an all asian cast.

>Also blind kungfu cliche guy is one of the worse parts of the show.

fuck you. hundred eyes delivers some of the best dialogue on the show.
>>
>>70626439
Couldn't even get past 4 episodes, who the fuck still watches this
>>
>>70626934
im good at cacurations
>>
>>70626709
>>70626439
This nigga fucking kills it as Kublai Khan. The actor is from Eccles as well
>>
>tfw no qt mongol warrior princess waifu to wrestle with
>>
>>70626439
Wasn't aware the trailer was out. Looks awesome.
>>
File: image.jpg (590 KB, 2304x3456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
590 KB, 2304x3456
>>70628562

This.
>>
Marco Polo was the worst thing about the show

badly written and badly acted

I applaud them for getting an unknown new actor for the part. I just wish they would have picked someone with acting talent and charisma.
>>
>>70626817
>the events basically happened
They fucked up the death of Cato (they fucked up everything about Cato), the deaths of Brutus and Cassius, they left out Crassus, they butchered the rise of the second Triumvirate, they fucked up Agrippa, they left out a lot and butchered other things. The timeline was completely ganked up, compressed to a stupid degree and leaving out a great deal of things.

I still liked the show, but it wasn't particularly accurate. What it did well was capture an idea of the period that seems realistic. There was still plenty of shit that was thoroughly wrong.
>>
Great parts of the show:
- Kublai Khan
- Cinematography
- Top tier QTs (Well, two of them are)
- Hundred eyes

OK parts of the show:
- Writing
- Pacing

Bad parts of the show
- Most of the acting
- Pacing

Hilarious parts of the show
- Shock value (esp from that Chinese fuck)
- Main character looking like Pewdiepie
>>
>>70631811
>Main character looking like Pewdiepie
Who?
>>
>>70626439
This show is really underrated
>>
>>70630456
Period production, imo capturing the setting, visuals and culture etc is most important
>>
>>70631884

youtube internet memer
>>
>>70630456
Love Rome, but you're completely right, the historicity is just not there at all.
>>
>>70630456
>they fucked up everything about Cato
Why is every portrayal of Cato of an old man? He was younger than Caesar.
>>
He'll always be Errol to me
>>
>>70632140
Probably because he represents conservative values. The ideals and the physical appearance would clash.

Also Antony is always portrayed as a young man in these kinds of adaptations, even up to the Second Triumvirate but he was 53 when he died.
>>
File: flash_585032.png (11 KB, 140x90) Image search: [Google]
flash_585032.png
11 KB, 140x90
>>70626439
the trailer doesn't make me too hype, wished that they would have gone with more throat singing instead of a modern song for the trailer.

but, in general im excited for teh new season
>mfw

only way they could make it better is if they somehow included cristopher judge
>>
>>70626439

They need to hone their shit this season and do it quick. They need to fire some actors and tell others to stop phoning it the fuck in. I can let some tropes slide- the stronk independent mongol woman bullshit, the crouching-tiger assassination shit, and everyone at court speaking the same language shit, but the acting from all but Marco and Kublai is S H I T

For these reasons I figured they would never get a season 2. It's been what, two years?
>>
File: 140535556762.gif (427 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
140535556762.gif
427 KB, 480x360
>>70632214
>kublai
>shit

Marco i'll give you, i hope that he got better at acting.

>everyone at court speaking the same language

gee anon, it's like it was made for an English speaking audience and it is cheaper to get everyone talking one language for both the actors and the film crew, instead of needless complicating everything.

really though, that is just you nitpicking that one point.
>>
>>70626817
No one is impressed that you've gone out of your way to study chinese history or whatever.
>>
>>70627144
Is caters to heterosexual white men. I am a heterosexual white man, so I watched it all.
>>
>>70627144
It's the closest I can get to a romance of three kingdoms-ish adaptation without having to look into chinese soap operas, so... Yeah, I watch it.
>>
>>70626439
Because season one was shit apart from the creepy mantis guy.
>>
>>70627002
is that pewdiepie?
>>
>>70634675

You retards saying he looks like PewDiePie are literally stupid. He looks like bam margera. Please get your eyes checked immediately as to prevent fucking your mom cause you thought she looked like your gf
>>
File: pewdiepie.jpg (162 KB, 1350x810) Image search: [Google]
pewdiepie.jpg
162 KB, 1350x810
>>70635377

>>70627002

Nope. Definitely doesn't look like him at all.

Christ you're stupid.
>>
>>70627080
This Hundred Eyes and Kublai are the best.

Cricket King was a good villain too.
>>
>>70635547
>cricket king

It's Cricket President.
>>
>>70635547
Hundred eyes ruined it for me. It was some lord of the rings GOT tier magic crap.
>>
It's sad how unpopular it was, it was pretty good

People bitch about Asians lacking in TV/Movies, but when a show comes out mostly about Asians, no one watches it, fucking hypocrites
>>
>>70626439
I can't take a show like this seriously knowing that most of the cast has a small dick
>>
Who else misses Yusuf?
>>
>>70636849
>Mongols
Nobody among Asians cares about Mongs, much less like them.

Also main character is a white cunt. So it fits SJWshit,
>>
>>70626439
Is that the 'RAUGHS' guy?
>>
Aren't most of Marco Polo's accounts inaccurate?
>>
>>70626570

The problem with Marco Polo (when compared to Rome) is that it doesn't have enough of a Variety of characters (atleast where i'm sitting.) Every character is a Member of Kublais Court. Every Mongolian is a Mongolian in Kublais Court. Every female is a Female in Kublais Court.

I enjoyed the show while watching it, but after re-viewing it's really average. I get you can't do much with Marco as a prisoner, but i mean those few scenes with him and the Prisoner who calls him 'Blonde' before getting hacked to shreds were easily the best stuff in the show. Not for the fucking 10ft tall red neon sign saying "This nigga gonna get fukkin killed right after you start caring for him," but for the fact we meet a Song prisoner who is sympathetic to the Khans cause, who wants to be a slave and has a neat interaction with the MC.

Kublai and (arguably) hundred eyes are literally the only interesting characters and good actors in the show as of season 1. I'll count the arab since the mural scene.

tl;dr
Shows good. Doesn't hold a candle to Rome. Need more non-kublai centric characters / plots.
>>
>>70626439
>>70626439

>Marco Polo
>Mongol Knight

>Mongol history shows that they had excellent officer training and recruitment based on meritocracy

Seriously, it's fucking retarded. They had a pool of officers trained from birth and experienced from a lifetime of war that are 10x more capable than Polo Brolo but yeah Marco Polo because this guy is in the title, our white messiah.

plus the fucking Mongol Khan fights in single combat when it fucking flies in the face of everything Genghis taught them. Officers lead but never put themselves in harms way unless necessary, cutting of the head leads to disarray. Fucking A.

There's a lot more and this show is gay as fuck.
>>
>>70638954
>>Mongol history shows that they had excellent officer training and recruitment based on meritocracy

This is like a major point in the show though isn't it? His court is packed with all sorts of shit. I get not liking the show, and whatever, but why bring that up?

Are you just annoyed they're using the term 'knight' as a bridging term for idiots when they really would have used some Mongolian word to describe him? Because if so fair deuce.
>>
>>70634627
>Mongol shits
>1000 plus years after Three Kingdoms Era

senpai, just find the old CCTV series with like 110 episodes. There's only a bit of singing. Like once every three episodes. It sucks that it's from the 80's but I still find it entertaining. Plus it fairly faithful to the books. First 15 episodes are verbatim, scene for scene , from the book.
>>
show has potential but they seem to be squandering it. i'll watch it, but it's mostly just for the actor who plays kublai, he's fucking great in that role, everything and everyone else is really mediocre in comparison
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.