[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the general consensus on this movie? People seem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 42501_front.jpg (799 KB, 1516x1757) Image search: [Google]
42501_front.jpg
799 KB, 1516x1757
What's the general consensus on this movie? People seem to hate it for some reason.
>>
>>70624543
>some damn great scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GT6ybRtZsw
>>
the reviews at the time were really bad because 1) most people were really sick of twin peaks after s2, 2) it violated expectations by going in such a dark direction, and 3) there was a lot of stuff coming out about production problems, which critics tend to take as signalling open season for harsh negative reviews.

i get that it's the sort of thing that would be polarizing, but i think it's great. it cuts through the crap of the end of the series and brings the evil described in the show to life in a very effective way.
>>
>>70624721
I found it a bit disheartening that it was critically praised by a lot of people in Japan, that many girls who watched it identified with the abuse Laura Palmer underwent.
>>
>>70624721
I still don't get what was wrong with Season 2.
>>
>>70624543
Not enough Cooper.
>>
>>70624990
i mostly liked it, but there was definitely a loss of focus for a while there.
>>
>>70624543
Top 5 Lynch
>>
>>70624543
it's actually loved here
>>
File: best chemistry.png (2 MB, 800x433) Image search: [Google]
best chemistry.png
2 MB, 800x433
>>70624543
Movie would've been better if these two were in it more
>>
>>70624543
It is fantastic, only way I could see people disliking it is if they haven't watched Twin Peaks.
>>
>>70625167
Yeah, I guess so.

>>70625325
I agree, except for fuck Desmond. Stanley was cute and I was disappointed he disappeared. Both of them should've appeared in the reboot.
>>
>>70624543
It's great but a lot darker than the show.

>>70624990
Season 2 kinda turned the show into the very thing that it tried to parody in season 1.
The last couple episodes redeem it completely in my opinion though.
>>
>>70624990
you must have blacked out during every nadine and ben horne scene
>>
>>70625495
>Season 2 kinda turned the show into the very thing that it tried to parody in season 1.
Did it really? It's been like 2 months, but I feel like I gotta rewatch the show now.

>>70625590
Ben Horne the GOAT. I love Ben, and I'm really glad he's gonna be in the reboot.
And I don't know what was wrong with Nadine, some funny stuff came out of that.
The only part of season 2 that made me want to maul my eyes out was any time James was on the screen.
>>
>>70624543
I thought it was OK OP but the consensus its just the movie is polarizing between the fans of the show I suppose.
>>
>>70625812
The whole part where james runs away could've been from a different show entirely.
>>
you can tell that stuff was left out for a 2nd movie or whatever, much like the end of s2.
>>
>>70626147
Yeah, it was horrible. Fuck James.

>>70626178
Lynch planned 3 Twin Peaks movies.
>>
Has anyone here seen Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me: The Missing Pieces? I can't find a good torrent.
>>
>>70626076
>the consensus is that there is no consensus
>>
It's honestly my favorite David Lynch movie. And I dig the darker vibe over the tv show.
>>
>>70624543
>People seem to hate it for some reason
Being insufferable plebs
>>
>>70626349
Yeah, good stuff.
>>
>>70626349
Yes, on the Twin Peaks entire mystery blu ray. Like an hour and a half of deleted scenes.
>>
>>70625130
You can blame Kyle for that.
>>
>>70626539
how much is the blu ray
>>
>>70626629
I got it for $70 bucks on ebay, although it's a gay ass region B version.
>>
>>70626710
I got 11 dollars.
>>
>>70626629
The entire collection is currently on sale in HMV if you live int he UK.
>>
I like it but understand why people didn't.

People who never watched the show wouldn't know what the fuck is going on and fans of the show would find it boring because it just reiterates shit they already know but in a much darker vulgar way.
>>
File: chugalugdonna.png (243 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
chugalugdonna.png
243 KB, 1280x688
>>70624543
I watched it a couple weeks ago and I like parts of it a lot. Te first 30 minutes just seem like a big fuck you to the fans of the show though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwqsh9IACyQ
>>
On my first watch I really disliked it. After watching both the series and the movie another time around it grew on me immensely.

The only problem I have with it though is that Bobby killing that drug dealer is never referenced, implied or even remotely hinted at during the entirety of Twin Peaks.

Lilke you're telling me an 18 year old high school quarterback in a small town like that wouldn't have some kind of reaction to that. Bobby's not even that bad of a guy
>>
>>70627440
i don't, i'm in new york
>>
BUM
>>
>>70624543
It wasn't a bad film but just felt pretty pointless and it reiterated a storyline the show had moved on from and that we had learned all that was necessary to know from. Kind of like how Laura/Sarah/Ronette/oil/etc. weren't mentioned in a long time but Lynch brought it all back during the finale which was kind of out of left field; it just felt like, this storyline's done, can we move on? I can't even really give the movie a fair chance because of that.

>>70628091
It was actually mentioned in the pilot during the conversation between James and Donna near the end. James tells Donna that Laura told him that Bobby killed a guy
>>
as someone who has never watched the show, why should i watch the original twin peaks tv show , whats it about?
>>
Fire Walk With Me does what the show fucked up. It makes the ambiguity of Laura's abuse into her own inability to cope rather than a cop out for Leland. It actually addresses the cyclical nature of abuse. It's fucking brilliantly shot utilizing the rule of thirds. Ray Wise is a fucking intimidating presence and impressively so. Sheryl Lee is incredible especially for someone who was just a body when she was cast. She really nails the bipolar nature of Laura's behavior. The use of POV shots really help to sell the film's difference in focus from Coop and the town to Laura's perception. Badalamenti and Lynch deliver on the score as per usual. The pink room scene gets how to make bars menacing and is basically a film adaptation of the one photo lynch loves and is the cover of a big star album. Watch it loser, it's amazing.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.