[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are British actors so popular in Hollywood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 1024x683
Why are British actors so popular in Hollywood?
>>
>>70624216
they speak english, have class, look well and arent fat/ugly/whores like american actors
>>
>>70624273
>Have class

You've clearly never been to England, m8. We're fucking scum.
>>
>>70624216
they fell for the game of thrones meme
>>
Have been training in theatre for much longer than the yanks
>>
>>70624216

This>>70624273 and most are highly trained Shakespearean actors that are cheaper than Americans
>>
>>70624216
Because sound like twats when they try to sound sophisticated or do any other accent that isn't American.
>>
>>70624294
>comparing the british pleb with the british high class actors
>>
>>70624216

The key word is NOW. Not ten or twenty years ago in comparison.

To sum it all up; because the UK has the best filming studios sadly, so local talent is discovered easily. (especially in the CGI age)

It's wildly known also American studio filming is full of sycophants, journalists, executive bickering and many other inflammatory issues which supposedly interrupt production.

There are much bigger reasons as well, but that one is usually how UK talent is found the most by American producers at least.
>>
>>70624294
Working class chav detected. You're basically another race and not the same as we refined and classy ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>70624216
Because Americans actually like the Brits.
>>
File: Vivien Leigh.jpg (407 KB, 1160x1599) Image search: [Google]
Vivien Leigh.jpg
407 KB, 1160x1599
>>70624216
It's been that way for decades.
>>
Brit actors, and Australians too i suppose, seem to be more hungry for the roles. That plus the 'exotic factor', not that either country is exotic, but they are just a novel thing in America. The same would be true in reverse.
>>
>>70624216
Cheaper to hire.
>>
>White
>British
>Skinny
>Female

I'm sick of seeing them in my movies and shows.
>>
>>70624216
Better actors.

Also, OP picture is shooped as fuck, jfc.
>>
>>70624461
>That plus the 'exotic factor', not that either country is exotic, but they are just a novel thing in America.
>Canada will never have this kind of attention in America
>>
>>70624216
Jews will do anything to save money.
>>
File: mark-rylance-344.jpg (374 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
mark-rylance-344.jpg
374 KB, 2000x1500
Hey guys.
>>
Americans are stupid fags with shitty accents and a lack of class

M'ricans
>>
File: Cary Grant.jpg (518 KB, 1729x2200) Image search: [Google]
Cary Grant.jpg
518 KB, 1729x2200
Even the most American of actors are really British.
>>
>>70624586
krager is a community trip, people just slap it on when they feel like shitposting

krager was NEVER good
>>
>>70624216
Cheap
>>
It's a thing called talent, and still to this day cultural subversiveness. It cuts both ways though, usually most Brits can't stand Yanks however.

You'll notice that whenever an entertainer/actor/comedian gets stale they jump over the proverbial pond and reignite whatever they had. You get ours, we get yours.

Although per capita we tend to export classically trained actors, you only seem to throw cringy 'lol I'm quirky' comedians. Piss poor exchange if you ask me.
>>
We make the best slags of course. You're welcome.
>>
>>70624216
Cause we can basically pay them in crumpets and tea to do a multi million dollar movie
>>
>>70624216

Why not? You some kind of xenophobe, OP?
>>
they're cheaper if they're unknown in the u.s.
>>
>amerifats:
>ridiculously expensive, will have to spend a significant portion of your budget
>egotistical and hard to work with
>not as well trained

>brits:
>will work for table scraps or an imbd credit
>desperate to break into Hollywood and so will take any role or do literally anything you ask of them
>better trained

Its not a difficult decision
>>
>>70624216

They're versatile, professional, well-trained, and don't generally demand exorbitant salaries or think any sort of work is below them.
>>
>>70624216
a mix of vaginas flocking to anything that has a foreign sexy accent and brits being the Mexicans of Hollywood. cheap foreign labor who are good workers and won't waste your time arguing about the pay.

most who come over also already have some experience either in the theater or some shit Brit show no one watched so that gives them a leg up when compared to some douche from Ohio whose working in a L.A restaurant.
>>
Why do we see so many Brits doing American accents in our films but we hardly ever see Americans doing Brit accents? The only one that comes to mind immediately is Meryl Streep.

Is it a harder accent to pull off? Are our actors just shit compared to the UK or something?
>>
I know my state was in the shitter after 2008, and shit laws in Louisiana and Florida helped it come along, but i am absolutely tired of millions upon millions of Filmbux being brought into Georgia. These smug as fuck brits are NOT welcome here. i can't count how many times i have been driving and had to take a detour due to these directors appropriating small town culture for the vibe of the movie. it's come to the point that cities around Atlanta are speeding up gentrification with carpetbagging scum moving in. It's like the 1996 Olympics all over again! FUCK I hope we go blue and the industry is kill
>>
>>70624796
>>desperate to break into Hollywood and so will take any role or do literally anything you ask of them

I don't think it's so much desperation as professionalism. Putting aside the outlier that is Daniel Day-Lewis, I think most British actors would just rather be working than sitting around waiting for THE role to come calling. It's a job, after all. They can't all be great roles, but keeping busy keeps one in practice and on point.
>>
>>70625011
The American accent is vastly more prevalent, and why would the Brits use American actors to play Brits when they already produce some of the best actors in the world? It's the Americans who are struggling to produce good actors to fill jobs.
>>
>>70625011

American English is basic and pleb as fuck. Even Cockney or Black Country is classier.
>>
File: Stewart.jpg (1 MB, 2016x2331) Image search: [Google]
Stewart.jpg
1 MB, 2016x2331
>>70624611
Keep telling yourself that Cary.
>>
>>70624216
>why
>hollywood

Jews.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.