[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abandoned Plot Lines General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8
First up: Syrio

Syrio left (or selfexiled) Bravos becaue be refused to serve Many Faced God.

On Death. The many faced Fod

Jaqen H'ghar
>A girl must learn to serve

Syrio Forel
>Only say one thing to God of Death: "Not Today"

So what the theory?

Was Syrio a faceless man or just a devotee?

Over/under of him coming back/mentioned

Does D&D or Martin know what the fuck they're doing or just referencing random stuff to make it look like they're not incompetent?
>>
>>70622489
Oh my god you autists are so fucking obnoxious. Syrio Forel is DEAD. D E A D. He's not coming back, there is no hidden meaning or double motive. Sometimes characters are introduced and DIE. That's it. He's not some big secret character or a faceless man or whatever. holy shit stop watching autistic youtube theorists
>>
>>70622552

FOOL!

No body

already forgeting the retardation that was HOLD THE DOOR
>>
File: Gendry...-shit.jpg (51 KB, 600x679) Image search: [Google]
Gendry...-shit.jpg
51 KB, 600x679
ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT
>>
>>70622552
They specifically had his "death" scene be super ambiguous though. The only other character they've done a death scene like that for was Sandor Clegane.

It's not hard to work out why people might think Syrio's still alive dumbass.
>>
>>70622489
either a faceless man or just a sword fighter who was hired by the Sealord of Braavos because he could see through faceless men illusions.
>>
File: The Mannis.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
The Mannis.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>70623412
>
>>
>>70623412
She ran away while he was cornered by like 5 guys with swords and the minor background character dies off screen. OH MY GOD SO AMBIGUOUS! I bet he's really the Three-Eyed Raven!! :OOOO

I do know why some people think he's still alive. It's because this fandom is flooded with retards like you who read too much into everything and can't pick up on anything that's subtle.
>>
>>70623474
Nah fuck that, Brienne swung the sword.
>>
>>70623536
He was one on one when she ran away.
>>
Anyone else pissed that most story progression now happens offscreen and is explained in like two lines of dialogue?

>Oh fuck the black fish took back River run totaly slipped my mind for the past few season
>>
File: CIABaelish.jpg (47 KB, 805x638) Image search: [Google]
CIABaelish.jpg
47 KB, 805x638
>>70623310
>Implying Gendry is an abandoned plot line

Literally one of the worst memes ever. His story was finished.
>>
>>70623538
because its impossible to swing a sword for dramatic effect
>>
>>70623536
Not to mention that he was facing a Kingsguard with half a wooden sword.

And the Kingsguard in question was killed by Arya himself in revenge.

Syrio is obviously dead.
>>
Syrio's fuckin dead, not abandoned.
>>
>>70623635

I bet you say same thing about Hot Pie faggot
>>
>>70623571
Oh that settles it, then. Syrio somehow killed the Kingsguards with his broken wooden sword and escaped the red keep, making everyone forget he existed at all in the process. Brilliant faceless man shit right there.
>>
>>70623771

Alive or dead if you don't think his connection to many face god will be part of the plot line you're retarted.

He's the yin to Jaquinn's yang.
>>
>>70623753
Well, yeah. There's nothing for him to do either. Why bring character back when they can't contribute anything to the plot? Hot Pie could encounter Arya again when she returns home. She's probably going back to the Riverlands, reunite Nymeria and kill Walder Frey.

Gendry has served his purpose in the show as a replacement for Edric Storm. Davos released him and he goes home to King's Landing. What the fuck else would a homeless bastard do during a time of war? Since the Brotherhood sold him to Melly, he won't go back and smith for them again. So...he can't do nothing. Wow, riveting television! Going home from Dragonstone is enough closure.
>>
>>70622489
Syrio's plotline was abandoned because he got got by Meryn Fucking Trant.
Meryn Fucking Trant, LOL
>>
>>70623571
He was facing Meryn Trant, who Arya killed last year in revenge.

Face it faggot, Syrio is dead.
>>
>>70623901
Yeah I'm the retarded one for thinking he's dead. Sure thing buddy. Maybe he'll turn up at the end of the last book and reveal to Arya that he's her real father and teach her the five point palm exploding heart technique.
>>
>>70622489
Stannis' redemption arc
>>
>>70624018

I said you're retarted if you don't think he's relevant to the plot anymore alive or dead.
>>
>>70623938

Hotpie is the key to all of this
>>
>>70623995
>Abandoned

He was killed by Trant in the books too. Sure, Trant is slow, but he was much better than the shitty men-at-arms who went with him and Sryio was at a terrible disadvantage since he lost most of his wooden sword.

I don't understand how you can seriously believe that he was still alive.
>>
>>70624091
buddy

Syrio's role was to introduce Arya (and the reader) to Braavos, to teach her how to fend for herself and have inner courage, and so that the character of Arya had something to do in the whole latter part of the first book.
His role is done. He was never even a big character, just a background dude that appears in like all of 2 scenes. Her plot has evolved now. He literally has ZERO to do with anything anymore.
>>
>>70624137

He was never confirmed killed in the books.

Hound lived with when he was left in the middle of nowhere bleeding out with broken legs
>>
>>70623771
Syrio surviving his scenario is about as believable as the hound surviving being abandoned in the middle of nowhere with a bone sticking out of his leg
>>
>>70623644
>I executed him
>>
>>70624224

But I miss him sempai

One of the few no shitty characters. Virtuous yet eccentric

;_;
>>
File: 1352127075083.gif (2 MB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1352127075083.gif
2 MB, 220x220
>>70622552
In one of Arya's "new" chapters they mention the person that wrote the play Arya watches is also a Forel and he has the deadliest pen in all of Braavos. I guarantee DABID wants a moment like that in the show, so at the least that character will find Arya and probably even look exactly like Syrio.
>>
>>70623644
It's just be reeeally bad if it turned out Brienne spared his life.

In her mind, she was executing Stannis for assassinating the rightful king of westeros. Why would she not kill him?
>>
>>70624309
The one thing you ought to have learned by now is that if GRRM doesn't say the character died, the character didn't die, and sometimes, even if the character DID die, he brings them back.
>>
The whole "There is only one god, and his name is death" and all that quote is common in Braavos. Thinking that Syrio and Jackin are the same person just because of a quote is like thinking everyone is Stone Cold Steve Austin just because they say "John 3:16"
>>
I like to think that Syrio and Jaqen are the same person. Arya runs away from the fight, and Ser Meryn captures Syrio alive to figure out where she went. He ends up in the dungeons and changes his face to escape with Yoren, becoming Jaqen. Another facet of the whole "faceless men specifically want Arya for some reason" idea
>>
>>70624309
It's not even comparable. The Hound was not "in the middle of nowhere" -- she leaves him on the side of a road near a town that's pretty populated. And the story of the hound is one of redemption. Him being the gravedigger is a nice peaceful end to that character (and cleganbowl is literally never happening.)

Syrio was stuck with no weapons inside of a fortified enemy castle under lock down. And not a SINGLE character even comments about a Braavosi guy escaping. Something that would at least spread around.

>>70624330
Congratulations, you fell in love with a super minor background character.
>>
>>70624423

Is the "not today" response common too?
>>
>>70624492
>No weapons

Well there were five dead Lannister men-at-arms with swords he could take
>>
I would assume so. It's like the "call and response" at the local Baptist church, right before they drink the communion wine and fuck their cousins.
>>
>>70623412
>The only other character they've done a death scene like that for was Sandor Clegane.
Stannis you cunt
>>
File: Mercy.png (993 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Mercy.png
993 KB, 960x960
>>70624269
He says himself, "The First Sword does not run". If Meryn Trant is still alive, it means that Syrio ran, which makes no sense for his character.

The Hound is a terrible example. He was left for dead by Arya after the engagement with some of his brother's men, pretty much the same way in the show where Arya refused to bestow the gift of mercy.

In the very next book Brienne meets a 'gravedigger' who is now confirmed to be Sandor Clegane. The Elder Brother of the monastery said that "The Hound died in his arms", many thought it meant that part of his character rather than the man himself. There has been no hints in the books that Syrio is still alive. The show only brought back Jaqen because it gave Arya a friendly face to train under, which was one of the show's better changes t.b.h.

Not all kills have to be confirmed, the books are done via POVs so characters only know so much. The only people who would know are Arya, Trant and his cohort. Since the only POV who was there was Arya and she ran, we won't know.
>>
>>70624309
>>70624394

These people speak the truth. That's just how George writes.
The only reason Stannis's death was "ambiguous" was because he didn't die in the books.
>>
>>70624589
Syrio killed Ser Meryn and took his face. The Faceless Men have had a man on the inside the whole time.
>>
>>70624687
That's grasping at straws and you know it.
>>
>>70624720
It's more fun than "Syrio died"
>>
This is how autistic these dumb GoT niggers are
Jesus Christ
>>
>>70624757
If Syrio did take his face; then Syrio would be No One, just like Jaqen.

So, in essence, Syrio was dead anyway.
>>
>>70624687
>>70624484
GRRM has confirmed Syrio is not Jaqen. try again
>>
File: Autism-is-my-superpower.jpg (74 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
Autism-is-my-superpower.jpg
74 KB, 500x477
>>70624802

Where all autistic here. Any everyone of us lower functioning than you.
>>
>>70624589
>if Meryn Trant is still alive, it means Syrip ran

You're right. He would've had to kill Trant.

I mean, he just knocked out all the Lannister guards but no, he HAD to kill Trant.
>>
>>70624838
In a metaphorical sense, I guess. None of that is consistent or well-defined anyway.
>>
>>70624866
But not that he isn't Ser Meryn
>>
>>70624899
He killed all of the guards in the book
>>
>>70624589
>He says himself, "The First Sword does not run". If Meryn Trant is still alive, it means that Syrio ran, which makes no sense for his character.

Or he killed the dudes then left. Meaning he didn't run from the fight. He made no blood oath to protect the girl.
>>
A better dropped plotline is the whole "Who tried to have Bran killed?" bit. The show forgot about it entirely. The books forgot about it for a while too, until Tyrion decides one day that it must have been Joffrey just because Joffrey's a cunt and that seems to be the end of it.
>>
>>70624973
Well dude I'm talking about the show. I doubt Syrios alive in the books
>>
>killed by Meryn Fuckin Trant
>>
>>70625188
You shouldn't pay that much attention to the show, then. Benioff and Weiss aren't thinking 5+ seasons ahead, there are plenty of logical inconsistencies and things they just forget, and on the whole it doesn't have to make that much sense anyway. Only theories rooted in the source material are worth spending any real amount of time on. That's how we end up with "Jon is the son of Robert and Cersei"-tier bullshit
>>
>>70625101

Except Cat asked Jamie about it after they caught him
>>
>>70625370
And it wasn't resolved. He didn't do it.
>>
>>70623609
most battles in the show take place through exposition
>>
>>70625352
>you shouldn't pay that much attention to the show
>posted on/tv/
>>
>>70625477
You obviously don't read much game of thrones stuff here. It's all bookfags all the time
>>
What are some more abandoned plot Lines?

Gendry
Investigating Brons fall
Brotherhood without banners (not sure if this counts now with Grave digger on the case) actualy could be two abboned lines if you count the red priest
Forest Vikings

Need a good list for a straw pol to decide the next general
>>
>>70625101
isnt it implied in the show that any dubious act that foments chaosh in the realm is the doing of littlefinger
>>
>>70625841
I think the idea that Littlefinger had his hand in the attempt is a good one, but there isn't any real textual evidence to support it, or show evidence for that matter. It just feels like something that Littlefinger would do.
>>
>>70625941

Wtf is his end game though?
>>
>>70626239
Climbing to the top, obviously
>>
>>70622552
>Syrio Forel is DEAD. D E A D.

so show me his body.
>>
>>70624991
This makes sense. If he'd killed the henchmen Trant would have run like the pussy he is, or was since John took his head.
>>
>>70626613
Meryn Trant is not Janos Slynt
>>
>>70625101
After his parents were killed who was left that gave a shit or knew about it?
>>
>>70626639
No one, really. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a poorly resolved mystery
>>
>>70626637
Yep. I always got them confused. Arya killed Trant, but I still think he would have run
>>
>>70626708
Ser Meryn is stupid, but he isn't a coward. He wouldn't be afraid of an unarmed, unarmored, "dancing master"
>>
>>70626672
I think it was resolved for the viewer as best as it could be. Jamie told Cathryn what happened, but they were in the middle of the War of Five Kings and they needed Jamie to trade for Sansa and Arya so they couldn't kill him.
>>
>>70623635
>his story was finished
never ever write a book
>>
>>70626789
What? Jamie didn't send the catspaw. He pushed Bran out of the window, yes, but he wasn't involved in the second attempt on his life
>>
>>70626827
>supporting the Stephen King method
>>
>>70626342

He doesn't seem the type that wants to be the main focus. He wants the power not the titles. He likes the game too much.

Maybe a hand of the king or a tywin situation where a puppet rules.
>>
>>70627390
He's made a pact with the merlings which involves elongating the Fingers to finally rid himself of his dumb nickname
>>
>>70627272

Tolkien was a master at back story and epilogue s

I don't mind people like syrio or Gindry story bieng over but expanding the lore would be nice.

Like similarian type text or like how warhammer 40k has various historical documents. So more true than others. But all written with perspective or agenda so nothing is defined absolutely but the possibilities are open to interpretation.

>tfw Martin's to lazy for this and even if he tries he'll die before anything meaningfull is written.
>>
>>70627596
The World of Ice and Fire book isn't bad. It's no Silmarillion, but it's solid worldbuilding
>>
>>70624423
Stone Cold Steve Austin only said "John 3:16" once you fucking putz.

Know your role, jabroni
>>
>>70627646

Its definitely one of the better modern epics. Feel like it could be more.

I'm kinda worried though. I'll get my wish but it'll be a monkeys paw situation. Where a company or team of writers take over for martin
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.