[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Band of Brothers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Why was an episode in Band of Brothers dedicated to a story of the liberation of a concentration camp despite the 101st airborne division not encountering such a situation?
>>
>>70622193
Jews
>>
>>70622193
Jews
>>
>>70622193
because it's an important part of the war you dinkus like top 3 at least
>>
>Speilberg
>>
>>70622193
POO IN LOO
>>
>>70622193
Because that's why we fight
>>
>>70622193
Just because something is based on a true story doesn't mean every detail needs to be true.
Producers, writers, media men that are all much smarter than you or I made a creative effort to show the horrors of war. People don't care much about whatever trench was dug or the battle of the Bruges or whatever. They want to talk about the millions of Jewish people executed by the Germans.
Teaching and reminding people is important even if it requires slight fabrication.
It was an episode in good taste and only stormtards would give a sh*t about an episode that is used for the good of viewers and a reminder about the Holocaust.

>>70622218
>>70622228
>>70622236
>>/pol/
>>
>>70622193
Spielberg was a producer
>>
>>70622193
The 101st was involved in the liberation of Dachau concentration camp, which I believe was the biggest camp the western allies liberated.
>>
>>70622859
Doesn't look like it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/101st_Airborne_Division
>>
>>70622193
because its the best episode in the best show
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.