[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I have some extra money to burn and I'm considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: twin.jpg (411 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
twin.jpg
411 KB, 1200x1500
So, I have some extra money to burn and I'm considering picking Twin Peaks to add to my collection. Thing is, I'm going completely off of the fact that it's well received by, what seems like, everybody, including /tv/. I have never seen it.

Is it worth owning, watching, watching again? But more importantly, why?
>>
Apparently first season is good,

1/3 of the second season is good then total filler/shit and then ends in a high note.
>>
>>70613052
Yes buy, I have all seasons and Fire walk with me. Take into account that it's early 90's so it will come across as campy sometimes but the lore, the characters and the supernatural aspect to it just make it a cult classic. Honestly haven't seen a show like it before or since. It's a quirky, unsettling and comfy experience.
>>
You get an amazing film, an amazing season of a show, a second season which is pretty good (nowhere near the first season though) and a cool strange film made up of the deleted scenes from the first film. It's one of my favourite buys desu
>>
>>70613052
I tried watching it, and while I ended up finding it funny after a while the atmosphere it gives off is fucking weird.

Cooper hanging upside down by his feet in the hotel casually talking to Diane through the tape recorder was where the tone cemented itself for me.
>>
I have a pretty respectable DVD collection and this is easily my crown jewel.
>>
>>70613477
post a pic of collection homie
>>
>>70613052
First season is great and only around 8 episodes , season 2 is a bit hit and miss since Lynch wasnt around , all in all its worth it
>>
>>70613531
I'm at work right now unfortunately.
>>
>>70613569
This.
>>
>>70613052
Not really.
All the cocksucking and praising you read about it is basically memes.
Also only the first season is good and after the killer is identified it drops harder than The Simpsons past season 8 and turns into a clown shitshow.
Not really worth your money, anon. Spend it on better things.
>>
File: audrey.webm (139 KB, 268x358) Image search: [Google]
audrey.webm
139 KB, 268x358
>>70613052

I think it's worth watching if only due to its place in history. Considering its relatively short length, it's not much of a commitment to completely watch, either.

It's one of my favorite shows, but don't go into it expecting something like The Sopranos and Mad Men, even though Chase and Weiner have both included it among their biggest influences.

It can be a bit inconsistent in quality (mostly because of network meddling/viewership decline because the world wasn't ready for a slow-burn show like Twin Peaks in 1990), but it's a great combination of genres (soap, comedy, mystery, horror, avant-garde) and it's setting and atmosphere is second to none. It also contains one of the best casts of characters ever on TV. Plus you'll get to be a part of the /tv/ threads when the new season debuts next year.

I also think that Blu-Ray set includes the movie and The Missing Pieces, so watch those after the series, as well.
>>
This video makes me wish I was a fly on the wall for the entire conception of Twin Peaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgXLEM8MhJo
>>
File: 1425461783641.jpg (269 KB, 892x814) Image search: [Google]
1425461783641.jpg
269 KB, 892x814
Here's a guide for you.
>>
Consensus seems to be that it's worth watching.
Anyone own the actual Blu-ray set? How does it look? Decent special features?
>>
>>70613052
It's insanely good, but you should watch it before buying it to make sure it works for you. Not to call you a pleb or anything, it's just not for everyone and I recognize that even though it's my favorite TV show of all times.
>>
is fire walk with me on netflix? I know the show itself is
>>
File: Agente-Dale-Cooper.jpg (87 KB, 680x498) Image search: [Google]
Agente-Dale-Cooper.jpg
87 KB, 680x498
>>70613052
remember to watch it in in autum/winter with a hot mug of black coffee and cherry pie for the 10/10 comfy experience
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.