[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when an indie romcom ended up a better horror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: The_Lobster.jpg (59 KB, 364x272) Image search: [Google]
The_Lobster.jpg
59 KB, 364x272
Where were you when an indie romcom ended up a better horror movie than 90% of anything released in years.

Movie had me legitimately anxious throughout a large amount of it. The way humans act in their world just lends itself to this uncomfortable uncertainty that was terrifying. There were a lot of awkward laughs in my theater followed by shocked revulsion for example the short haired woman talking about the sounds the dog made and it sounds like a joke or she's testing him and then it pans down to her leg.

There was legitimate terror and horror in the movie and it still has me surprised the day after having seen it. I went in blind and was expecting some average quirky romantic movie but I love Colin Farrell so I said fuck it sounds interesting.
>>
>>70612688
When it works, it really works, but after they leave the hotel it goes downhill.

The dry humor was incredible though.
>>
>>70612688
Eh, it was mediocre. I hate how every character talked like an autistic child. I don't get what purpose it serves, and I think that it actively hurt the message that the film was going for because it was just overly quirky.
>>
>I went in blind
Some people reported the opposite effect :^)
>>
>>70612871

The police officers were asking everyone for papers that prove they're a match. To me that made it seem like everyone in the world goes through a matching program like this. So seeing the way the hotel teaches you how to behave it kinda makes sense why everyone is an autist.
>>
It made me feel sad
>>
>>70612760

Date was laughing like an idiot at the end when he has the knife and I'm looking at her like she's a psychopath and she pointed out that he had made a little bib out of napkins to prevent blood from getting on his shirt. Had us dying after that.
>>
Feels pretty good when a greek director succeeds .
>>
>>70613077

There was a lot of fucked up stuff that was played really straight. Like other movies would have made it a big deal and focused a lot to elicit some kind of emotion but this one just kinds tossed things out there. It actually made it hit harder imo. Like the dog, biscuit lady and the eye surgery.
>>
>>70613107
Sounds like a keeper. Well, that or a psychopath.

Either way the sex oughta be incredible.
>>
>>70613167
Biscuit Lady weeping in pain on the floor was really fucked up. It was like "are you fucks not going to address that a woman tried to kill herself? And failed?"
>>
>>70613203

She's intimidatingly aggressive in bed. Psychopath is a possibility.
>>
The dance scene had me rolling
>>
>>70614948

The techno celebration one or when he dances with nosebleed?
>>
>>70615153
Techno celebration, I think a lot of it is because they went into it with a really hard cut
>>
>>70615500

That and because the maid's dancing was fucking on point.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.